SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Dr Myles Munroe And His Wife Dead In Plane Crash

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

brothagary, if that is the case may i suggest you start another thread about those issues. Whether you agree or not with the man this thread is not the place for it. As it stands its revealing a great deal of disrespect for the families affected by this accident.

2014/11/14 2:52Profile
brothagary

Re:

hi zeko i wasnt saying anything my self about what he taught , just the contradiction

2014/11/14 3:09Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

There is no need for us to apply Matthew 18 concerning false gospels such as the word of faith prosperity message. During the passing of someone who promoted false teaching it is very possible that some believers may become exposed to the teaching for the first time and caught in the snare. Or it may also be possible that those who were already caught up in it may be open to hearing the truth concerning it during this time. Hence the need for exposing the teaching during such a time as this.

Yes, we can pray for the family of this person to be comforted and strengthened during this tough time, and to be led into all truth by the Holy Spirit. But again that does not negate the need for exposing the teaching.

Someone suggested we start a new thread on the teaching of this man. But what difference would that make? Those who are offended in this thread would also be offended in that thread and try to defend the person regardless.

Again I ask, why do many who call themselves Christians have such a tolerance for such false teaching? I believe this scripture is applicable here:

"The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness."-2Thessalonians 2:9-12

2014/11/14 12:56Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I'm with Oracio here. Many folks will be led to check out this man's website etc because of this news and it is important to expose error-- particularly gross error.

I did not listen to the sermon that is controversial but have read the excerpts. Even if he was for some reason using extreme hyperbole to make a point ( which I doubt) he simply cannot say certain things, like Jesus is not the good news, when Jesus himself said that he was.

And to suggest that Paul preached a different gospel from Jesus is a tad odd whe Paul claimed he received his message directly from Christ himself.

It may seem distasteful to point out such error on the wings of tragic news but I think it is necessary if done in an appropriate manner.

2014/11/14 16:18Profile
docs

Re: Dr. Munroe on the blood of Christ

I share this with a somewhat hesistant spirit because I don't want to enter into any personal fray etc. about the departed minister. I haven't kept up with Dr. Munroe for a number of years after having heard him speak a couple of times in past years gone by. I wasn't a follower of him then but was just presnt on a couple of occasions when he shared. I'm not endorsing everything he may have taught and I understand well the stir surrounding his controversial remarks about the blood of Christ and the rest that are so often shared to supposedly prove he was a man amiss. They are controversial remarks indeed. What I've noticed though is so many on the broad internet are saying things without any specific references to show their point. They're just saying he was this or that. I've heard every minister has said things in the heat of the moment they wish they could withdraw. I don't know if that is the case but I googled a bit to find out how he felt about the blood of Christ and it didn't take long to find quotes by him. The video so often referenced gives the impression he hardly cared a whit about the blood of Christ but I soon saw other quotes by him that show a different side. Along with the criticisms of him, why aren't these type of things being shared to give a larger picture of his beliefs? That's all. I'm not trying to be his 100% defender or to cause and stir controversy. I of all men don't pretend to know everything. I just find some of his quotes perhaps at odds with some of the pictures being painted.

Blessings to everyone.

From Myles Munroe article “Overcoming the Kingdoms of This World”

"The key to dominion: The key to man's being able to manifest the Kingdom of God here on Earth is the presence of the Holy Spirit. Man cannot know God's will except through the Holy Spirit living within him, and the Holy Spirit can live only in a holy vessel. Not only did Jesus come to reintroduce the Kingdom, but He came also to restore righteousness and holiness to mankind, both of which we lost in the Garden of Eden."

"Jesus restored us to righteousness - to right standing with the Father - through His death for our sins. He made us righteous again, and when He did so, He also restored our holiness. To be holy means to be pure, without spot or blemish, set apart exclusively for God. When Adam and Eve sinned, they showed contempt for their holy state and took that which was meant for God and used it for profane and common purposes. That would be like taking a beautiful, solid gold goblet and using it to hold bacon grease."

"How does Jesus make us righteous and holy again? Nothing less than the blood of Jesus was required. The Word of God says, "In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness" (Hebrews 9:22). Only the blood of Jesus could cleanse our sin and remove the shame of our actions. That is why He had to die."

"Just like the old hymn declares, "What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood." Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was Spirit, with no body or blood; Jesus, the man, had both. Jesus Christ was both 100 percent flesh-and-blood man and 100 percent divine Son of God. We cannot separate the two; to do so would be to deny the work that He did on the cross."

"The Holy Spirit connection: We cannot worship Christ and forget about Jesus because without Jesus we cannot have Christ. The blood of Jesus cleansed our sin and created the basis for our forgiveness, making it possible for Christ to restore us to righteousness and holiness and bring us the Holy Spirit."

"This is why any religion that denies Jesus has a problem. Everything is wrapped up in Jesus Christ and what He did on the cross. If we do not have Jesus, that means our sins are still with us. Without the cleansing of our sins, we cannot become holy. Unless we become holy, we cannot become citizens of the Kingdom of God."

"Why is the Holy Spirit so important? He is the link, the spiritual connection between us and the Kingdom of God. He is the one who fills us with spiritual powers, guides us, leads us into the knowledge of truth, and brings to our remembrance all the things that Jesus taught."

"Jesus promised His disciples that after He left he would send the Holy Spirit to be with them forever. The Holy Spirit could not come until Jesus had completed His work on the cross, risen from the dead, and applied His blood for the cleansing of man's sin. Once we were made cleansed and holy again, we were ready to receive the Holy Spirit. Jesus took care of that, too, before he ascended into heaven."

Full text of above article at: http://www.thevoicemagazine.com/MylesMunroe_KingdomofGod.htm

From Myles Munroe book “Rediscovering the Kingdom; Ancient Hope For Our 21st Century World” - 2010

“Of all the faith systems in the world, the Kingdom alone is effective because it has the blood of Christ, which takes away the sin of man. It alone has the Spirit of God dwelling in believers. It alone can restore us to righteousness and holiness.”

“The blood of Jesus is critical. No matter how often we go to church, no matter how active we are, no matter how many times we receive communion, no matter how much money we give in the offering and no matter how much time we spend helping the poor and the sick, unless we have confessed Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord and allowed His blood to cover and cleanse us, we are still lost and aliens from the kingdom. Good works won't cut it. Sound theology won't cut it. Correct doctrines won't cut it. Only the blood of Jesus can cleanse us from sin, and make us righteous and holy again. Good works, sound theology, and correct doctrines are byproducts of a growing life in the Spirit. Bu apart form the blood of Jesus they have no power.”

“Jesus came to reintroduce the Kingdom of God to mankind and restore us to righteousness and holiness. He accomplished this by dying on the cross, where His shed blood had the power to cover and wash away our sin. Because of our sin, we were spiritually dead, slaves to our sin and hostage to satan and his kingdom of darkness. By his death on the cross, Jesus paid the price to free us from satan's grip. He became ouitr substitute so that we could go free. Jesus became sin for us so that we could become ready to receive the Holy Spirit. Jesus took care of that too before He ascended into heaven.”

2014/11/14 19:10Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

In case anyone missed the youtube that was shared on the news article I posted the link to, here's the link to that vid directly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DllQ5-ZimU

I know exactly what Mr. Munroe is teaching in that video because I was delivered from the WOF(word of faith) teaching several years ago by God's grace. There's a very good reason for his statements about Jesus and His sacrifice on the cross and His resurrection not being at the heart of the gospel. It's because He, like other WOFers, taught that Jesus is a mere means to prosperity and/or greatness. He says clearly in that vid that people don't need to first hear about their sins and Jesus sacrifice on the cross and His resurrection because people are more concerned with other things such as getting their bills paid and therefore we need to first give them hope that they can find that kind of help in the gospel. He says that's what the kingdom is all about as far as the kingdom on this earth is concerned. He says that's the gospel/kingdom message that Jesus preached. It is a lie from Satan! It's a completely different gospel!

What you will find with many of these WOFers is that they will preach some truth mixed with serious error. Because they do preach some truth they are able to deceive naïve believers much of the time, until God opens their eyes to see the deception. We are warned in God's Word about entertaining false gospels. Paul says let those who preach false gospels be accursed or eternally condemned. We must flee as far as we can from such harmful teaching.

Jesus is the gospel(good news)! He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, our all in all. It's all about Him and what He did for us on the cross and His resurrection from the dead. That is the gospel we are commanded to hold fast to and to declare to a lost world-1Cor.15:1-3. Again, the gospel is not about earthly health, wealth and prosperity. May God continue to deliver His people from such serious error.

2014/11/14 21:20Profile
ZekeO

Re:

Just so you know I'm not doing a hit and run on this thread, I'll say it again a different way, I find your guys dissection of a mans ministry based on a news article on his death totally disrespectful.

2014/11/14 22:21Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
Just so you know I'm not doing a hit and run on this thread, I'll say it again a different way, I find your guys dissection of a mans ministry based on a news article on his death totally disrespectful.

Do you hold to Word of Faith doctrine? I see you are from South Africa. From what I've heard this teaching has spread like wild fire there.

2014/11/14 22:26Profile
ZekeO

Re:

Oracio, are you serious? Friend, this is not the thread for this. A man and his wife who many respect and follow has passed away in tragic circumstances and you are discussing whether his doctrine is sound?!

Regarding WOF and SA:

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
Harlan Ellison

Don't be ignorant.

2014/11/15 10:52Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Okay ZekeO we'll have to disagree here on the importance of exposing WOF even during times like this.

I think I've shared enough info here to expose this false teaching for what it is.

If you read my comment carefully you'll notice I said I've heard that WOF has spread like wild fire in SA; I didn't make a bold assertion. But I guess you really felt the need to call me ignorant, which is cool with me. Take care friend.

Oracio

2014/11/15 11:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy