SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : MEV Version - Free Online

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

MEV Version - Free Online

Good day everyone!

I just wanted to share a blessing with everyone that loves scripture. And if you've read the bible before, this version would be a great choice for your 2nd/3rd/etc time that you read through the bible. Different translations use different manuscripts, some word for word, some paraphrase (thought for thought).

MEV was created in the spirit of KJV.

It uses the same manuscripts, word for word translation, and it's attempt is to bring to the world a translation for the common man, in English.

Sure we have a lot of English translations but this one has been a blessing to me and I hope it blesses you as well.

YouVersion has the MEV. So, no need to go to the bookstore.

Here is Isaiah 50 in the MEV: https://www.bible.com/bible/1171/isa.50.mev

2014/11/5 18:02
KPYee

Re: MEV Version - Free Online

Thank you for pointing this out. I didnt realize Modern English Version is based on the same manuscript as KJV and is a word for word translation

2014/11/5 22:56Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

It purports to be based on the TR, amd may well be. But the output is, in at least some cases, equal to ESV (which is formal/word-for-word) or even NIV ("functional translation"/thought-for-thought). I am also jaundiced on Charisma House, the MEV publisher, for so much of their other publishing. They will publish a lot of pure mess. And, their justification for doing the MEV was "we felt it was time for us to do it" which means "everyone else is cashing in, and no one had worked the angle of 'updated KJV' in a while"; their other justification was "we believe the Lord felt it was time". Okay. Then, they describe the process and people involved as if they were rolling out a new line of coffee makers or something. Just not moved to pursue it myself.

2014/11/6 7:35Profile

Re:

Charisma House did do some backing but it's fully backed by the Military Bible Association.

Source: http://www.militarybibleassociation.com/

2014/11/6 11:51
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Not saying the translation is bad. I hope folks are brought to salvation and fruitfulness through it. But do we need another English translation? You can hardly squeeze a ray of light between the best ones, of which there are enough and are not "archaic" in language. The MEV publishers are selling this as NNKJV, which is just not helpful. I believe , truly, that the explosion of translations into English hurts our witness. This is the umpty-eleventh updated, contemporary translation in 30 years. Have we gotten it right yet? That is what this serves to do, drive skeptics. I wish it were not published.

2014/11/6 13:50Profile

Re:

If it's not for you, it's not for you. :)

Jesus had plenty of skeptics, He was perfect!

If this translation brings people to the King and His Kingdom then praise God. It's fostering my walk with God. I hope it benefits other folks too, hence why I shared it. :)

2014/11/6 14:09
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

LoveMeekHope, I'm sorry. I did not mean to pick on you. I realize now that that is EXACTLY what my post did, and that wasn't my intent. I've been mulling the MEV/Charisma House thing over through the last few days, and some things didn't set right with me about it, and I unfairly used your thread to launch off on it.

It was wrong.

And I apologize.

My opinions are mine. As I said, I hope many are saved by reading it, and grow up into Christ through it. I was immature and fleshly, and you are gracious.

2014/11/6 15:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy