SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Familiar with Rick Booye?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dolfan

Alabama

Familiar with Rick Booye?

I listen often to Rick Booye of Trail Christian Fellowship in Oregon. I listen on AM radio and podcast. Very conversational and really good and deep teaching. Is anyone else here familiar with him?

2014/10/28 18:35Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Familiar with Rick Booye?

Hi dolfan,

I haven't heard of Rick Booye (but I will try to find him soon). I am interested in how you listen to him. Do you listen to him online?

My wife and I typically start our day with the Word and prayer, but we also listen to a sermon or teaching in the morning as we are getting ready for the day. In addition to messages found on SermonIndex, we often listen to speakers like J. Vernon McGee, Skip Heitzig or others that we can hear on the local radio station (or on apps for our cell phones). We may not agree with everything that each minister says, but it is nice to hear a topical teaching from the perspective of different ministers.

Is there an app that you listen to? For a while, we were using OnePlace. It would be nice to know if there are other options available.

2014/10/29 13:35Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Familiar with Rick Booye?

I looked him up this morning!

http://www.trail.org/recent-studies

and I was very interested in this study....

The History of the Church in America:
... is a special presentation from Pastor Chris White.
http://www.trail.org/church-history

2014/10/29 13:47Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Chris,

About 4 years ago, I found him initially on a local AM station where his program is aired at noon. That station, should you care to listen to their broadcast on live stream, is WBXR AM 1140. Warning.....there is not much worth listening to in that station. Noon to 12:30 PM Central, though, is Booye. They are only on about half a dozen stations, according to their website. Why this little one I do not know, but am glad.

I subscribe, too, to the Trail Christian Fellowship podcast. And, you can go to trail.org and stream selected messages. It would be, IMO, a valuable addition to the SI roster if there is a way to do that. But, I know that isn't always do-able.

2014/10/29 15:10Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Lysa, I had not seen that. Interesting.

Pastor Booye (and he is not the teacher on the series you discovered) has been at Trail Christian Fellowship since, like, 1980. He came out of a Calvary Chapel background, and you get that kind of thorough treatment as he teaches. He sounds very young, but is probably in his early 60s. Imminently clear and understandable.

2014/10/29 15:13Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy