SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Examination of a Revival

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

I had a personal revival about twelve years ago through repentance. My needs are also different and desires have changed as well now.

My favourite revival is a Scottish one. I'm not sure if that's because it is so well documented. And Duncan Campbells sermons and the testimony stories in his sermons bring that revival to life many years after the event.
Plus Scotland being such a mysterious land of changing light in the landscapes of the Highlands make it a great place.

2014/10/25 9:00Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi David

i wont comment on the Hebridean revivel on this post but i will enjoy looking it up. :)

i will use the 10 elements :)

2014/10/25 11:03Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi All

I have updated the elements list as i found a few more as i was looking at different revivals last night. I would like to share that as i looked at each revival last night and broke them down using the elements listed, i was absolutley blessed as it gave me a deeper insight into what God was doing. some of the elements could not be explained as their wasnt enough information but durring this process i felt the holy spirit pointing my direction to different aspects which is still working through my mind. i Have been very blessed through this post. :)

i will also add that some of the revivals didn't have enough information to check the elements against which doesn't mean they where not from God i am just ment that i was able to comfirm for myself the revival.

2014/10/25 21:31Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi All

here is what i am comming up with for my understanding so far when it comes to examining a revival also taking into account points already raised :)

1.spiritual Condition of community before Revival
A community oppressed of Satan, illness, violence, lack of hope, addictions

2. Prayer before revival meeting
Saints that are diligent in prayer that seeks Gods intervention for the community

3.Revival Location
Anywhere (but I would like to see it in high schools)

4.Atmosphere of meeting
Feel the presence of the lord but not man made or hyped up

5.Overall intent of congregation
To get right with God and closer to him

6.Speakers Disposition
Humble, yet speaks on the word with authority doesn’t draw any attention to self

7.Sermon Topic
Law, grace, mercy, love, pointing to the truth of God

8.Types of Physical Manifestations
Weeping, demonic movements, Godly movements,

9.Types of Spiritual manifestations
Rushing wind, speaking in tongues but interpreted and understood by others, gifts working amongst the congregation

10.Speakers reaction to manifestations
Able to discern the demonic realm trying to move in on the meeting, able to discern the holy spirits movements amongst the people.

11.Fruit after the revival
Strong spiritual growth in the community, gifts expanding, oppression lifted, addictions dropped dramatically.

12.Testimonies
Stronger relationship with God, changes in family, friends and community, growth in faith

13.Community reactions (external views) criticism and praise
Warfare from the unbelievers, people trying to cash in on the experience for own gain, professional responses after revival positive

2014/10/26 8:40Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Hi Karl,

13. Community Reactions :
I wouldn't like to think of people trying to cash in after a revival. I would like the kind of revival where people would still be convicted of wrong doings even after it began to wane. I suppose there are different kinds of revivals some would say, but for me if God had truly come I would like to think people would respect his work.

I'm not familiar with many revivals. I've only read about two of the major ones, and I have my mind fixed on what happened in them ... such amazing times.

God Bless

2014/10/26 12:44Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi David

I totally agree and personally i wouldn't like to see this but it has happened after a few revivals. I think this happenes because of the spiritual battles against the gosepel. it seems that the enemy tries to somehow violate the work God has done and this is when discernment and prayer need to be consistent. for me if i see warefare around saints it tells me somethings going on spiritually.

i know that i have read about this to be true in about 5 revivals which is recorded and witnessed.

brother we can examine this together firstly, here are some things i found looking up the different revivals

a. church leaders where angry because they lost half of their congregation

b. some people wanted the people to look at them that God had them in special favor as well.

c. some strange occult practices began trying to immulate the spirit manifestations that happened in the revival.

d. some used the word revival to capatilise on people looking for a touch from God. the intent was only to build up their own church thus brining more money in.

e. christian leaders who where not present and opose any spiritual manifestations, critized meetings and every aspect of the revival calling it demonic.

i would like to also search scripture to test these things against the word of God. this will take me some time but if anyone has any scriptures that will help examine this area it would be apreciated.

i am persoanlly not comming from a fixed position in this post because i believe in looking for deeper understandings of what a revival should look like biblically. there are many preachers that speak on the subject but this hasn't brought me to a solid understanding. every question raised in this post is valid as they need and awnser. cheers karl

2014/10/26 20:26Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

What would you like to find out concerning these revival facts Karl ?

Some have suggested that not all moves of God would be called a revival.

Sometimes the peoples land isn't healed .... If my people will turn from their wicked ways and pray then will i hear from heaven and will heal their land.

I don't want to sway you from your objective to discover somethiIng so hope the things I'm saying aren't steering you away from your goal.

2014/10/28 15:14Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

hi Dave

thanks for your reply, what i am seeing and looking at through all the revials is understanding the differences. How i originally thought of rivials has changed more and more as my biblical knowledge increased. i personally am seeking a deeper foundation of biblical knowledge in reference to the different elements. i find the most common element is the testimonies and these vary in degree of information that can be verified. I feel that it is my responsibility to my own spiritual growth to properly test all things that are called godly.

i am currently looking at acts and breaking down the events in this and i am finding a deeper understanding in this.

for example on the day of pentecost they spoke in tongues differntly to what i see in alot of churches i have visited and the reactions of the people outside of this was interesting as well.

sorry i havent posted this stuff yet as i am in some heavy family stuff at the moment and am preparing for a court case on tuesday. cheers karl

2014/10/30 11:30Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Hi Karl, thanks for sharing about what is happening in your life at the moment. I hope everything goes well for you dduring this time.

I understand where you are coming from now regarding the different elements of a revival.

2014/10/30 18:59Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi Everyone

I am unable to continue input in this post due to where God is leading me at the moment. thankyou for the the input so far snd i truely apologise for not following this topic through publically.

I need to say that my family and i where in heavy prayer due to a court situation which we couldn't avoid. our father opened his ears to my cry. not only did he sway the hearts towards our case he made it so that we got more then what was proposed. after the matter was settled. The spiritual growth, knowledge and the bonding between my father in heaven and i have increased greatly and i am so joyed to have come out of a 7 month trial. praise be to God for his rightiousness and glory. Karl

2014/11/16 9:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy