Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Examination of a Revival

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
crusader

Australia:

Examination of a Revival

Greetings everyone

I wanted to start this post as a further discovery from another post.

firstly, i ask that for the sake of peace and growth together that no names of revivals be brought into the post and stick to the intent of the post. if we respect each other. it is my intent to look at methods that can help us all to make choices about future spiritual movements that may occur as we are getting closer to the end times. we can bring ideas without challenging each other but rather exploring our own understandings and experiences together.

the way that i am looking at this is breaking down all the elements of a revival and exploring what the best way each element would like like in relation to the word of God.

Elements

1.Spiritual Condition of community before Revival
What was the reason for revival

2.Prayer before revival meeting
Did people pray, how and what for

3.Revival Location
type of place

4.Atmosphere of meeting
Kinds of music, sad , happy, dull, excitement

5.Overall intent of congregation
What are they looking for,

6.Speakers Disposition
Intent towards self, congregation, God and ministry

7.Sermon Topic
What was the focus of the sermon

8.Types of Physical Manifestations
Body movements, reactions

9.Types of Spiritual manifestations
Sounds, unseen forces

10.Speakers reaction to manifestations
Discernment: spiritual interactions and congregation response.

11.Fruit after the revival
What’s the impact

12.Testimonies
Testimonies of People in meeting, after meeting and way down the track

13.Community reactions (external views) criticism and praise

out of these elements i would like to say that the word manifestation is a very broad word and it would be good to kind of talk about wether all manifestation are from God, or some are and some are not.

These are things that have been on my mind for awhile and i would like others imput on any or all of the Elements listed with out fear of being jumped on. I hope this is ok by everyone. cheeers :)

2014/10/24 7:02Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re: Examinating Revivals

Could you expound it a bit more Karl ? I don't really understand it just yet.

2014/10/24 10:47Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

I'm going to have a go at this Karl. Not sure if I'm going in the right direction though.

1. Sermon Subject :
I think it would be the Gospel and Love of Jesus Christ for mankind.

2. The Speaker :
He would be a humble person showing others how amazing the Christ is. Teaching them to look unto Him

3. Environment where it is conducted :
Anywhere that people would humble themselves to follow the Lord. A forest, an island, a heart that will sell themselves for Him.

4. The focus of the congregation :
The Lord, and his Holy Spirit. not to man but to the one who loves them perfectly.

5. Types of manifestations :
Hearts repaired, bodies healed, visions and singing, a willingness to lay down our lives.

6. Community Reactions :
A desire to know more about Christ, to want to partake of what is happening

7. Fruit after the revival :
Families restored, forgiving of one another to continue, strangers adopted into families and made to feel loved.

8. Testimonies :
Of the transforming power of God and his Holy Spirit, the world turned from darkness once again, of healings, and restorations back to God.

2014/10/24 16:53Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

hi David

yeah thats what i am looking for, what each saint sees how a rivival would look biblically for them and even expanding on each elements together. this is a great start. i have had my own elements by which i examine revivals i see other saints with different variations of this and i don't believe anyone is wrong to a point that just need to be expanded on and put into context of where they are comming from.

for example the word love has so many different meanings to different saints so if we can examine it in context and expand on it. the word love can become more visible collectively.

5. hearts being repaired, what would this look like. i look at this and see tears from some people, joy in others as burdens are released as well.

im going to edit my post as i can see another element that is present.

2014/10/24 21:00Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

I see now. :)

1. Sermon subject. Repentance, grace, holiness, wrath to come.

2. Speaker. Someone who speaks clearly, drenched in love, full of the
Spirit, cares not one whit if anyone even remembers his name.

3. Environment conducted. One where prayer has so preceded it that hearts are made soft, souls made to know their own despair before they walk onto the property.

4. Focus of congregation. To know Christ fully, intent on hearing from
God rather than being heard.

5. Types of manifestations. Prayers of faith and repentance, men crying out to God for mercy, people confessing their sins and mature believers on the ready to embrace and shepherd.

6. Community reactions (external views).

Anger and then brokenness.

7. Fruit after the revival. Changed lives and believers taking responsibility for new believers and surrendering their own time and entertainments for the sake of growing the church of Christ into perfection (maturity). Shared resources from the haves to true widows and orphans. Prisoners and sick and poor being visited and gospel love and truth being given to them

8. Manifestations. See 5. I personally would love to see healings, miracles, words of knowledge and wisdom and prophecies that break men's pride.

9. Testimonies. Scores of people saying I now am found. Scores more saying "yes, and now you are going to find way more because we are making you ours as He made you His."

10. Atmosphere of meeting. Expectant, but sober; a realization that eternity is in the room.

That make sense??

2014/10/24 21:35Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

hi David

your points 3,6,7,8 is what i see as well
points 1,2, 4, 10, i would like to expand on

1. conviction of sin through love as well

2. carries authority, humble, love for the Lord that you can clearly see a relationship between the speaker and God. definatley points to Christ and his teachings. I think also that they are focused on the lord and not then selves.

4. to get right with God, to know God, to bring burdens to God. i think this can be largely varied on the basis that people look for God for their own individual needs in their life at the time.

10. i feel the atmosphere is important being God created and can see dangers of it being man created. this point incorporates music, intention of meeting.

i have found it interesting trying to expand on ideas in an open forum compared to in the comfort of my own reasoning but this has set me on a search for solid ground when examing revivals. :)

2014/10/24 21:38Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi Dolfan

thats makes alot of sense thankyou it is deffinatly expanding the elements.

I realised today that each element may get substancially bigger but thats fine as it will only give more points to ponder on or chew the cudd over.

2014/10/25 4:40Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re: Hearts being repaired.

Hi Karl, nice little topic this.

You brought up something I put in number 5: Types Of Manifestations.
I said hearts being repaired ...
One example could be the same manifestation as a rose opening up. People who were once hardened and rebellious are made soft and pliable. Joy in their hearts also. People who once wouldn't talk to them can see they have become very approachable.

There are nice comments from Tim also. I especially liked what you said in number 7 Tim ...

" 7. Fruit after the revival. Changed lives and believers taking responsibility for new believers and surrendering their own time and entertainments for the sake of growing the church of Christ into perfection (maturity). Shared resources from the haves to true widows and orphans. Prisoners and sick and poor being visited and gospel love and truth being given to them

2014/10/25 7:13Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Number 10 : Atmosphere Of The Meeting

For me that could be an awareness in the air of God visibly looking down from heaven into the meeting, and a divinely experience of awe that He is conducting the meeting. A fear of him also is there.

2014/10/25 7:18Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi David and everyone

point 5. is a tricky one and it is where i see alot of disagreements with saints in the past without actually breaking it down and exploring it. thats why i set the boundries in the beggining of the post. I think this is because people have expereinced different things, read different things and interpret this differently in the bible. for me i have seen, read and interpreted many aspects of revival but there are those grounds that are not solidly explained (the grey Ground)

you have added some good points thankyou

what i seek now is different to what i was looking for when i was younger as i think that my needs have changed and my relationship with God has changed but yet at each stage of my walk in christ each need was as important as the other.

2014/10/25 8:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy