SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : "pastoress"???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
Man0fG0d

Re:

Amen Narrowpath.

A lot of people take verse 16 from 1 Corinthians 11 and say that since it was a custom they don't have to worry about applying it. But in 1 Corinthians 11:2 KJV Paul says

Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

It wasn't a custom, it was an ordinance. As you quoted again in 1 Corinthians 14:37 KJV
If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

Paul again affirms that it wasn't a custom, but a commandment.

Everything written wasnt a suggestion, or a custom that Paul thought they should follow. They were and still are the commandments of the Lord. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

----- ---------

Ginnyrose,

Sis how are you? Sounds like you have a great family. This isn't a male vs female issue. This is a accepting the Word of God issue.

Question: is it a sin to lie?

2014/11/1 16:58Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Amen Man0fG0d

Further to that in these 2 verses Paul backs up his argument about the role of women by going right back to creation. Every time when the NT refers to creation, some very important and foundational truths are established. Adam was formed first and out of him Eve as a companion and helpmate. Should that not have more weight than the fact that Priscilla was mentioned before Aquila or that some are uncertain about Junias gender?

By going back to creation Paul refers to an archetypical order that prevails through the ages until there will be neither male nor female in heaven. We should take any passage in the bible first in its plainest simplest meaning, before using linguistic instruments, consulting extra-biblical sources or applying complicated theological concepts. I am at a loss to see how people twist these scriptures around, bend and beat them and until they have trashed them completely. The word of God should not be treated as a text but a person, the divine person of Jesus Christ. As Jesus is the living word incarnate, tampering with the word of God is not small thing but a personal insult to Him.

1. Tim 2:11 Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. 12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.

1.Cor 14:34-38 Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says. 35 And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church.
36 Or did the word of God come originally from you? Or was it you only that it reached? 37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.

Again, I am only quoting scripture

2014/11/1 18:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy