SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Discerning the Times

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DRS

Discerning the Times

Discerning the Times

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2Timothy 1:7)

A most blessed verse to continually remind ourselves of
in the world we live in.
We have a spirit of Power,Love and Sound Mind.Spirit of power to handle each situation that might come our way and to remind us that "Christ is our strength".

"that I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"(Philippians 4:13),\.

Spirit of love for our concern for others and to remind us of the love our Savior has for us.

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written:

“For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”

Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."(Romans 8:35-39)

A love beyond comprehension by these earthly minds of ours.

"Who shall separate us" "More than Conquerors" "For I am persuaded"

What if His Love for us so penetrated our minds our total beings continually that not one thing the warfare's of this life attacked us with could move us?Oh to say "I am persuaded" every moment of life.To experience His love flowing through us so that not one thing coming our way could upset us.So confident in His love that we are immovable in our faith in Him.Our hope through all the problems of this life is based on His love for us.

The Spirit of a sound mind to keep everything in perspective and to continually remind ourselves of where our hope really lies and that He could come for us any moment.
As Christians with the indwelling Holy Spirit of God within us and God's Word at our disposal and with a desire and love to be in it,we should be able to discern the times that we live in and not let the movement of nations and governments upset us and cause our eyes to loose focus on our real purpose for being here,of Christ being manifested within us and out through us and of our real and only hope and that is of our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ and His coming back for us.And that could be any moment. PERHAPS TODAY

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words." (1Thessalonians 4:16-18)

THEREFORE COMFORT ONE ANOTHER WITH THESE WORDS

2014/10/22 21:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy