Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : God's Word under attack

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
andres

texas,brownsville

God's Word under attack

http://townhall.com/columnists/toddstarnes/2014/10/14/city-of-houston-demands-pastors-turn-over-sermons-n1905119

2014/10/14 22:09Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: God's Word under attack

from the article:

The city of Houston has issued subpoenas demanding a group of pastors turn over any sermons dealing with homosexuality, gender identity or Annise Parker, the city’s first openly lesbian mayor. And those ministers who fail to comply could be held in contempt of court.

“The city’s subpoena of sermons and other pastoral communications is both needless and unprecedented,” Alliance Defending Freedom attorney Christina Holcomb said in a statement. “The city council and its attorneys are engaging in an inquisition designed to stifle any critique of its actions.”

2014/10/14 22:18Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Well. Can't say we did not expect it but still...

As gay marriage becomes national, American Christians will either obey the gospel and hold to the truth of the Bible or we will be castaways. I do not trust the uneasy peace of co-existence with civil authority that demands our faith be publicly silent when it offends unbelievers. I do not know that this will quickly mature into the crisis that it could. I believe most American judges will still see the Houston subpoenas as too much infringement on the First Amendment. I also believe that kind of jurisprudence is not long for this world, so to speak.

2014/10/14 23:29Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Perhaps this could be the issue that opens the door to open persecution of Christians in the USA. I do know that the pressure to compromise grows greater and greater each day. The great falling away that is prophesied in scripture before the day of the Lord will have a purifying effect on the church. Compromise will quickly be weeded out of the true church. Stand strong on the word of God. Remember, we do not live for this world. Eternity is around the corner. Look up!

2014/10/15 11:41Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy