SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is Homosexual fornication "worse" than plain old fornication?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Is Homosexual fornication "worse" than plain old fornication?

Sometimes weird things pop in my mind when I am driving and this question did so today.

The Church seems to stress the homosexual sort a lot more; just wondering if there is good reason for that.

Don't know stats but I suspect the plain old type is far far more rampant.

2014/10/14 15:03Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: Is Homosexual fornication "worse" than plain old fornication?

He came into his own, but his own received him not.

He who does not believe is already judged. ... And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.

Fornication via heterosexual or homosexual means is the pursuit of the unjust. Both lusts of the flesh are tools of deceit also of the prince of the power of the air. Heterosexual fornication is ubiquitous to the point of making us callous in recognizing and agonizing over it. Homosexual fornication is still salacious and provokes strong emotions; it hasn't reached the commonplace yet to the extent that no one cares. The church "stressing [over] the homosexual sort a lot more" is as much a symptom of the church's deadness to what grieves the Holy Spirit as it is to hypocrisy and pragmatism. But, as we give it time, I'm sure the great swell of the church will come to ignore homosexuality as much as it does heterosexual fornication.

2014/10/14 16:54Profile
amranger

Montana

I would say yes, it is worse.

Because heterosexual sex is the way God designed things. So normal fornication is doing the act as God designed things at the wrong time and conditions.

Homosexual activity is against nature (Romans 1:26) it is acts that are always wrong under any circumstances, in addition to being fornication.

That would be my short answer.

The other side of this issue is that the church has largely turned into the policemen of society, pointing out sin and error. The church seems to largely be on the negative side of things, don't, don't, don't etc.

I think there should be a lot more promotion and examples of great relationships, normal God-blessed lives as God intended things to be. The demonstration of the provision of God is sorely lacking, so as a result we see more and more people turning to wrong lifestyles because of the church's failing to appropriate and demonstrate these things.

2014/10/14 17:05Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Sin is sin. If you break one commandment, you've broken them all.

"Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?" Proverbs 6:27 This is referring to adultery.

Contrast this with what Paul said about homosexuals:

"And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another..." Romans 1:27

2014/10/14 17:33Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

All sin is eternally damning, but there are different degrees of sin in God's sight. Jesus said it will be worse for some than for others in hell.

I'd compare the question at hand to these questions, "Is bestiality worse than heterosexual fornication? Or, "Are orgies worse than fornication between one man and one woman?"

All sin is vile in God's sight, but not all sin is equally vile.

That being said, we are not to treat homosexuals with any less respect or love than other sinners, considering that homosexuality is also lumped together in 1Cor.6:9-10 with fornication and adultery.

We must reach out to homosexuals with the same compassion with which we are to reach out to all other lost souls.

2014/10/14 17:49Profile

brother.....in the past weeks, I've come to like you, and love you in Christ.

so.....what i'm about to write, I write in love...okay?

first, you gotta edit the post header line, because when I read it....my reflexive response is..."I dunno, you tell me".

and the your last line:

"Don't know stats but I suspect the plain old type is far far more rampant. "

ya think?

i'm sorry if my response reeks of sarcasm, but....you aren't posting while intoxicated, are you?

liquor? pain pills?...don't be cross me with me, please, but when you write, "Sometimes weird things pop in my mind...."......I get concerned, in His love, neil

2014/10/14 17:51
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

It's only worse for some people if they knew the gospel but didn't obey it. "And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes." Luke 12:47
You are judged by that standard, if you have light (the revealed will of God) or not.

2014/10/14 17:54Profile

Re: not you too Oracio!

Quote:
I'd compare the question at hand to these questions, "Is bestiality worse than heterosexual fornication? Or, "Are orgies worse than fornication between one man and woman?"

you too brother? contain yourself, we got sisters on this forum, they don't want to be reading that mess.

i'm not being hardcore on you brother, but this is a ridiculous thread that should die, coz as I said not only do we have sisters on this forum, its also global.

the worlds aflame right now, and this is what holds "conversation"? Love you Oracio, neil

2014/10/14 17:58
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Simmer down there Neil. Perfectly sober here!

My comment about "normal fornication" being more rampant was rhetorical. It is obviously more rampant. My point being that society may be much more damaged by it than by the homosexual type just by sheer numbers and thereby its effects. Think of the single mother problem we have.

Oracio's comment was also rhetorical. Obviously bestiality is worse.

The world may indeed be aflame but this is one of the major issues fanning the fires.

I guess my whole point is that if the church came down as hard as plain old fornication as it does with the homosexual variety, homosexuals are more likely to take our warnings seriously.

2014/10/14 18:39Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
you too brother? contain yourself, we got sisters on this forum, they don't want to be reading that mess.

i'm not being hardcore on you brother, but this is a ridiculous thread that should die, coz as I said not only do we have sisters on this forum, its also global.

the worlds aflame right now, and this is what holds "conversation"? Love you Oracio, neil

Neil, I don't believe that the topic of homosexuality is invalid as a discussion on this forum, especially considering where things are heading in the west regarding this issue. With all due respect I don't see my post as being out of line here. I did not go into detail regarding those sins. Those two sins are mentioned and condemned in the Bible. But we may have to agree to disagree. Blessings to you Neil.

2014/10/14 18:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy