SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : When Was The Last Time You Shared Christ With A Lost Soul?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

When Was The Last Time You Shared Christ With A Lost Soul?

Many times as Christians we say we share Christ whenever we have opportunity. But my challenge for all of us including yours truly is, do we make time intentionally during our week or month to get out there and intentinally mingle with the lost to share Christ with them, whether through giving them a gospel tract, or talking to them about the gospel, or preaching the gospel in the open air? Let's face it, it is likely that they will not just come to us so we must go to them. That's what the early church did. They didn't wait around for opportunities, they made time to spread the gospel wherever they lived. Brethren, the time is short. May we follow that pattern which the early church modeled for us; may we have that same sense of urgency to reach out to the lost.

I'll share some quotes which I shared a while back in another thread.

"If sinners be dammed, at least let them leap to hell over our bodies. If they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees. Let no one GO there UNWARNED and UNPRAYED for."
-Charles Spurgeon

"God save us from living in comfort while sinners are sinking into hell!”
-Charles Spurgeon

"Brethren, do something; do something, do something! While societies and unions make constitutions, let us win souls. I pray you, be men of action all of you. Get to work and quit yourselves like men. `Forward and strike! No theory! Attack! Form a column! Plunge into the center of the enemy! Our one aim is to win souls; and this we are not to talk about, but do in the power of God!"
-Charles Spurgeon

“We are not to preach merely to those who come to listen. We must carry the Gospel to where men do not desire it. We should consider it our business to be generously impertinent—thrusting the Gospel into men’s way—whether they will hear or whether they will not. Let us hunt for souls, first of all, by visitation....I believe there is very much good to be done by house-to-house visitation. Not by City Missionaries and Bible-women only—may God speed those noble bodies of laborers—but by all of you! By you that have position in society among your neighbors—make yourselves free and go and talk to them of Christ in the little houses that are near to you. As far as your time allows, be a visitor. And if there is one dark part of the town known to you as the haunt of sinners, make it a point to use this agency of visitation from house-to-house. Let the lost sheep of Israel’s house be sought out."
-Charles Spurgeon

"Brethren, if God intends to give us souls he will prepare us for the honor by causing us to feel the deep ruin of our fellow-creatures, and the fearful doom which that ruin will involve unless they shall escape from it. We should hear praying of a mighty sort if believers sympathized with men in their ruin; then groans and tears would not be so scarce; then the soul pouring out itself in groanings which cannot be uttered would be but an ordinary thing."
-Charles Spurgeon

"No sort of defense is needed for preaching outdoors, but it would take a very strong argument to prove that a man who has never preached beyond the walls of his meetinghouse has done his duty. A defense is required for services within buildings rather than for worship outside of them.”
-Charles Spurgeon

“Have you no wish for others to be saved? Then you are not saved yourself. Be sure of that.”
-Charles Spurgeon

"Evangelism is not a professional job for a few trained men, but is instead the unrelenting responsibility of every person who belongs to the company of Jesus."
-Elton Trueblood

"Oh my friends, we are loaded with countless church activities, while the real work of the church, that of evangelizing and winning the lost is almost entirely neglected."
-Oswald J. Smith

“Oh, to realize that souls, precious, never dying souls, are perishing all around us, going out into the blackness of darkness and despair, eternally lost, and yet to feel no anguish, shed no tears, know no travail! How little we know of the compassion of Jesus!"
-Oswald J. Smith

“A foolish physician he is, and a most unfaithful friend, that will let a sick man die for fear of troubling him; and cruel wretches are we to our friends, that will rather suffer them to go quietly to hell, then we will anger them, or hazard our reputation with them.”
-Richard Baxter

"I care not where I go, or how I live, or what I endure so that I may save souls. When I sleep I dream of them; when I awake they are first in my thoughts…no amount of scholastic attainment, of able and profound exposition of brilliant and stirring eloquence can atone for the absence of a deep impassioned sympathetic love for human souls."
-David Brainerd

“It is no marvel that the devil does not love field preaching! Neither do I; I love a commodious room, a soft cushion, a handsome pulpit. But where is my zeal if I do not trample all these underfoot in order to save one more soul?”
-John Wesley

"Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not whether they be clergymen or laymen, they alone will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon Earth."
-John Wesley

“Perhaps if there were more of that intense distress for souls that leads to tears, we should more frequently see the results we desire. Sometimes it may be that while we are complaining of the hardness of the hearts of those we are seeking to benefit, the hardness of our own hearts and our feeble apprehension of the solemn reality of ­eternal things may be the true cause of our want of success.”
-Hudson Taylor

"Some want to live within the sound of church or chapel bell; I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of hell."
-C. T. Studd

"Let us not glide through this world and then slip quietly into heaven, without having blown the trumpet loud and long for our Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Let us see to it that the devil will hold a thanksgiving service in hell, when he gets the news of our departure from the field of battle."
-C. T. Studd

“Preach abroad….It is the cooping yourselves up in rooms that has dampened the work of God, which never was and never will be carried out to any purpose without going into the highways and hedges and compelling men and women to come in.”
-Jonathan Edwards

“I believe I never was more acceptable to my Master than when I was standing to teach those hearers in the open fields…I now preach to ten times more people than I would if I had been confined to the churches.”
-George Whitfield

"How can I help weeping when you will not weep for yourselves, though your immortal souls are on the verge of destruction!"
-George Whitfield

"If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified."
-Leonard Ravenhill

"Many do not recognize the fact as they ought, that Satan has got men fast asleep in sin and that it is his great device to keep them so. He does not care what we do if he can do that. We may sing songs about the sweet by and by, preach sermons and say prayers until doomsday, and he will never concern himself about us, if we don't wake anybody up. But if we awake the sleeping sinner he will gnash on us with his teeth. This is our work - to wake people up."
-Catherine Booth

"It is not our business to make the message acceptable, but to make it available. We are not to see that they like it, but that they get it."
-Vance Havner

"Make it an object of constant study, and of daily reflection and prayer, to learn how to deal with sinners so as to promote their conversion."
-Charles G. Finney

"The man whose little sermon is "repent" sets himself against his age, and will for the time being be battered mercilessly by the age whose moral tone he challenges. There is but one end for such a man - "off with his head!" You had better not try to preach repentance until you have pledged your head to heaven."
-Joseph Parker

"How shall I feel at the judgement, if multitudes of missed opportunities pass before me in full review, and all my excuses prove to be disguises of my cowardice and pride."
-W. E. Sangster

2014/10/10 23:52Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: When Was The Last Time You Shared Christ With A Lost Soul?

Thought I'd share these few scriptures that show the early church as a whole being involved in evangelism, not just the apostles, prophets, evangelists and pastors and teachers.

“Therefore those who were scattered went everywhere preaching the word.”-Acts 8:4

“So when they had testified and preached the word of the Lord, they returned to Jerusalem, preaching the gospel in many villages of the Samaritans.”-Acts 8:25

2014/10/11 1:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy