SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Revival on Elston Avenue (to my sister Chanin)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Revival on Elston Avenue (to my sister Chanin)

I was going to write this as a PM to Chanin, but I really wanted to share it with the whole community, so they could lift up the folks on Elston Avenue here in Chicago.

I find myself back home in Chicago from Los Angeles because I am writing a play on the late Mayor Daley of Chicago. There was a symposium on the late mayor's life hosted by his son the current mayor. I come from a theater background in Chicago. The theater I helped found is still very MUCH in existence, in fact as I type this, I hear two shows going on in the distance, we have two actual venues here. Needless to say, neither show lifts up the Name of Jesus, but there it is.

None of my partners, colleagues, friends, or family know Jesus. I've been saved three years now, and have totally , absolutely changed, and I feel that everyone is still processing this and watching me.

I am very careful about my witness, both spoken and deed witness when I'm back home. I do NOT preach with words, they are waiting for that, and I'm not gonna play into that. I just be very sweet, and very loving.

That said, I am very hungry for the family of God. Before I left, I asked Him, "Lord, please lead me to other children of Abraham.

God always answers prayers....right down the street is a wonderful storefront ministry called the Prayer Furnace. It just blew my mind, in this whole huge city of millions of people, right down the street from my storefront theater is a Spirit-filled storefront prayer ministry filled with believers all with the same burden for intercessory prayer!!

I had gone to dinner with an old friend last night and returned and walked down Elston, the room , its about 3,000 sq feet, has just been renovated, and they put in new mobile pew chairs, and at 9:30 at night the place was full of worshipping believers. There was a worship band at the front, Marvin, the dear brother the Holy Ghost had placed in nominal charge of this work was leading the saints in prayer, exhorting and encouraging them to seek the Lord in a deeper way.

I'm telling you, once I walked in the door, I knew I was home!! It was such a blessed Spirit filled enviroment. Back in California, I'm primarily in Christian settings, but in Chicago, I'm primarily among non believers, and here I was at 9;30 on a friday night among fellow children of the Lord worshipping Him in truth and in Spirit.

Now, I know what the psalmist meant when he wrote that his heart leapt like a calf.

I got on my knees, and went to a bit of Scripture God had been laying on my heart from the Book of Isaiah chaper 8 and verse 11 (thru 17)

"The LORD spoke to me with His strong hand upon me, warning me not to follow the way of this people."

Brother Marvin then exhorted us to seek out another to pray with , to contend for the annointing. A dear brother who I had never seen before walked up to me, and I laid hands on him, and started to pray and call out to God, this brother had a weeping ministry given to him by the Lord. A dear brother by the name of Dan. After we prayed I went onto my face and worshipped Jesus. As I type this now, I long to go back there among the saints, but I don't believe thay have anything going...its the only night of the week that some form of service isnt happening:

http://www.theprayerfurnace.com/welcome_

we all were there until midnite!! Bless God. I cannot tell you how my spirit sings knowing that I have a well of Living Water to retreat to when this worldy theater world gets to be too burdensome.

Don't you just love Jesus?

They call us fanatics, they call us weird, but they just don't know and they don't understand, and thats the sad part. Oh, may the whole world know the Lord and come to love Him like we do.

thats revival.

I wrote revival, because around 11:30, I looked over to my brother Dan, and said "its here", he looked quizzical and I continued, "revival's here...all these people are worshipping God at 11;30 on a friday night!!"

please pray for me and pray for the prayer furnace. Please pray that God speak to my theater mates. I will come here in July for a reading of my new play, and then I think I will open it in March of 06. I will need so so much prayer covering.

God bless you and the family my dear sister Chanin and all who read my testimony,
Neil

2005/4/23 22:52
moreofHim

Re: Revival on Elston Avenue (to my sister Chanin)

Neil,

praise God for answering your prayer- that you found a place like the Prayer Furnace.

Quote:
They call us fanatics, they call us weird, but they just don't know and they don't understand, and thats the sad part. Oh, may the whole world know the Lord and come to love Him like we do.

thats revival.

I wrote revival, because around 11:30, I looked over to my brother Dan, and said "its here", he looked quizzical and I continued, "revival's here...all these people are worshipping God at 11;30 on a friday night!!"

wow!

Will be praying that God will continue to move -and also cover you.

In His love, Chanin

2005/4/23 23:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy