SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Another plea to the members of SI

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Another plea to the members of SI

(This was taken in response elsewhere and just slightly edited to make sense on it's own)

Recent developments in the forum...

It has gotten out of balance because it seems the idea that there are many others that frequent here is being left in the shadows in a rush to push one's own particular opinions, even if there is nothing in effect wrong with the content.

It is the shear [i][b]volume[/b][/i] of beating one topic or issue to death and when this is brought to light it tends to get either ignored,
defended, someone gets 'offended', motives are miscontrued...

There is a need for self governance and just some plain old fashioned courtesy to everyone here and the long pause to think about the effects of what this appears to the outside world to look like.

That some have left because of this is disturbing in the sense of almost a 'so what' attitude, equally disturbing is the opposite threatenings to leave because of some perceived injuries... Sigh, I do understand it from both angles somewhat and am just trying to 'moderate' here so without making this into some kind of wishy-washy compromise, or an accusation...

Help is needed from everyone. It is redundant to say so over and over again but Robert is right in the [i][b]thrust[/i][/b] is precisely in this, Revival and Repentance, in the sermons and messages available here, in seeking the Lord in spirit and truth, in things further into the deep end of the faith.

And [i][b]yes[/b][/i], there is yet room for all the other things that come up, otherwise the forum sections would be ridiculous. All this ought to be self evident, but maybe to some newer and unfamiliar it is just a matter of getting a feel for the site.

But it must be said that if you are interested in only espousing your own particular bent towards one thing all the time, start a blog or your own site, that is not again an accusation or threat, please hear me here, I frankly don't know if it is the norm for other forums to be a place where anyone can come in and use it as their own personal pulpit, but not here.

This forum has survived because of a mutual participation and consideration for the thought of others being more important than themselves.

It has survived because others have been willing to change their minds and even swallow their pride on things for the benefit of all, (no not compromising truths).

It has survived by giving heed to some of the elders that frequent here, by those I mean who have been around this block a few more times than many of us here, who ought to have our utmost respect (it's a biblical concept and I am not trying to be snippy about it).

And who are they? It segues nicely into the same redundant appeal to please [b]explore[/b] the site, learn who you are fellowshipping with, explain where you are coming from in the welcome section and read about [i]others[/i] there and elsewhere.

Be of some help, share, read and listen, ponder things. We are all guilty at times of going to far and certainly am no exception to this here. A willingness to be wrong, to be forgiving and [b]patient[/b] with each other. It really shouldn't be all that difficult to resolve.

There will be difficult things, hard truths, things that need to be brought to the light of day and exposed. No one is disputing that nor attempting to explain it away. Nor is it the idea of 'only' that which is edifying, though it ought to lead to that when it is possible. Yet at the same time, again, not every question is an accusation and clarification is always helpful. Also, feel like a broken record here, leave the assumptions out or make that [i]presumptions[/i]in abeyance, a lot of the time people are wrestling with things here in their own lives and whatever mitigating circumstances they may be dealing with are unknown and perhaps that's the essence of where we ought not be 'judging' one another.

Not every post will receive a reply, don't be offended, there are a lot of things that get read that we will never know who it may have effected.
Just as well, there is a healthy way of helping by just ignoring things sometimes, even if it is a bit irksome, leave it be. If it is something that one feels is slandering, divisive of a brother or sister on this site, that will not be tolerated here, please bring it to our attention.

Also, by exploring, bring up something more edifying to bring a balance to things, a different perspective. Respond to something that you usually might not be inclined to deal with. Be creative. This isn't a call to stop anything in particular just to be aware of the surroundings you are participating in. Some things might be better dealt with each other via PM or email.

Please, if you are new here or never have read these outlines do read this and the accompanying links: http://www.sermonindex.net/register.php

So the plea is to just slow down and let each one 'moderate' themselves and take into consideration the big picture here. Ultimately this is not about us, but [i]Him[/i], it is the Lords doing and it is marvelous in our sight if we would just let Him, in what we do, what we say and how we deal with one another.

No need for an overhaul, but this hi-jacking of the forum, even if it is totally unintentional must stop. Please try and keep things in their perspective, in the topic headings often times many of these things have been dealt with at length elsewhere if one will take the time to search it out and the need of always starting a new topic is unnecessary. That, I think may be a greater contributor to how things 'look' upon arriving at the front page then anything else. It gives an appearance of being "lopsided" instead of the variety of thought that truly exists here.

We need ever body's help here.
And especially prayers, let us not be unaware as one of our members mentioned about just who it is that likes to stir up discord among the brethren.

Thanks

2005/4/23 21:00Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Another plea to the members of SI

Quote:

crsschk wrote:Also, by exploring, bring up something more edifying to bring a balance to things, a different perspective.
Thanks

I think this is the "Key" balance if we can achieve that it will probably stop a lot of beating one topic or issue to death. Just my 2cents 8-)

2005/4/23 21:12Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Hi Bro. Mike and all at Sermonindex,

I hope that certain of my posts of late have not been offensive as I have tried to steer us back on track towards revival, renewal and the things that GOD has made Sermonindex into. It is the motherload of vintage sermons and I feel obligated to do my part, without overstepping my boundaries, to help keep the vision on track. Please forgive me all who I offended. God knows my heart.

A lot is at stake here. God has used Sermonindex to help bring revival in many places already, including my life and many in our fellowship. For any reading this I am merely as you are, I have no administrative authority on this site. I share a common love for God and holiness and all the things that we desperately need in our times. I pray God's grace upon you and me.

It is my desperate hope that we can get on track again and allow the controversial things to dispell a bit until we can regain the focus of devotions and holiness and reflection that we desperately need.

God Bless and Much Love in Christ,

-Robert

2005/4/23 21:23Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
It is my desperate hope that we can get on track again and allow the controversial things to dispell a bit until we can regain the focus of devotions and holiness and reflection that we desperately need.

Thank you Mike and Robert for sharing your hearts plainly and showing your well intentioned concern. I do echo Mike's sentiments that there needs to be more [b]patience[/b] exhibited in the online discussions. What happened to well thought out and patient replies where things are meditated and even prayed over before posting.

here again is a few guidelines to review for people that are visiting this site and active members:

Quote:
[b]Community Rules:[/b] It is very important to note that you are joining a vibrant community of believers across the entire world. The main reason for the discussion forums being on this site in the first place is for discussions revolving around the audio sermon speakers and the themes and topics they bring up. Of course it has expanded to more but the whole underlying principle needs to be EDIFICATION. Please review and understand what the rules are of this website as a member you are expected to obey them. By registering you are agreeing to these rules and stipulations for proper use of this website.

The main focus of the site is the old vintage audio sermons that are available and I would love to have more people talking about them and how they are impacting their lifes. Let us take advantage of these seasoned saints that we can hear and gleam from and then in turn discuss what revelations God is giving us.

2005/4/25 20:23Profile
dohzman

The wisdom from above

James 3:17-18 Look at the order---pure----peaceable----gentle-----reasonable-----full of mercy and good fruits----unwavering----without hypocrisy. IWPRAY left because this site was originally setup to promote revival and prayer and was fast becoming a market place for doctrinial debating. Maybe its time to think about where we'er going?Or what we really want? God Bless Bro. Daryl

2005/4/25 20:46Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: The wisdom from above

Quote:

dohzman wrote:
fast becoming a market place for doctrinial debating.

I left my Bible Study that I loved very much just for this reason.

2005/4/25 21:43Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Matthew 23:23: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hyprocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the [b]weighter matters[/b] of the law, judgement, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done and not leave the other undone.

I am not writing this to point fingers but to bring about something the Lord just showed me that we should be concentrated on more [b]weighty[/b] issues, doing this carefully, somberly and with the right spirit as another brother mentioned and brought out. Let us all evaluate ourselves and intentions for posting on the forums before we do so. Every word that we post will be brought before God one day that would be a good thing to be mindful of.

I do believe that it would be the most profitable to have more discussion threads centering about revival, revival history, prayer, sermons that you have heard, etc..

2005/4/25 22:36Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy