East TN for now!

Re: The new "Left Behind" film

Did you actually go see it??

2014/10/7 13:19Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I sure did. Silly me.

The movie itself was just awful to the point of ridiculousness. Even though I don't agree with the theology in the book, the book was way better. And the movie bears only a nominal resemblance to the book. I would say that the version with Kirk Cameron was way better but even that was only a barely mediocre film.

I am 99% sure that the word "Christian" or "believer" was not used. I am 100% certain that the name "Jesus" was not used.

It is a shame.

Christianity today has a couple of good reviews that agree with me. For some reason my iPhone won't let me cut and paste a link here on SI but if you google it you can find it.

2014/10/7 14:21Profile

oh no.

"I sure did. Silly me. "

you ever see "The Apostle"? an anointed film, it played a great role in quickening my spirit to apprehend Messiah.

very serious on that..here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQe1Kehx110

here's a clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwdhau_agX0

still makes me weep with its beauty and truth.

2014/10/7 17:23
staff

Re: oh no.

Hi all
I didnt see it and im sure its pretty awful but on the other hand its a talking point where we can put the correct info out.
After saying that I want to share something that I believe is from God.
We will be changed in the "twinkling of an eye" but the rapture will not be in a twinkling of an eye.
This at first will not seem important but it actually is a game changer.
It opens up the strong probability that non Christians will see Christians taken away.The changing is in a twinkle but the rapture will be like all other rapture types in the bible it will be seen for a very brief period of time like elisha looking on elijah and like Christ taken up through the clouds seen by the disiples.
Ask yourself what effect will that have on the left behind?
Then ask yourself what effect will this have on the left behind if before the left behind leave they preach that Jesus is coming again soon to gather them that are his?
Just thought id share that again
yours Staff

2014/10/7 17:59Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: oh no.

Neil- I have never seen The Apostle but have always wanted to. I like Robert Duvall so I need to see it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

2014/10/7 22:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy