SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Francis Chan joins elder board of ALCF in Mountain View

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Francis Chan joins elder board of ALCF in Mountain View

Read tonight that Francis Chan has recently joined the elder board of Abundant Life Christian Fellowship in Mountain View, CA. You can find out more with a Google search. Pray that the relationship bears fruit that glorifies God.

2014/10/6 21:15Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Francis Chan joins elder board of ALCF in Mountain View

Quote:
Francis Chan joins the ALCF Board of Elders with over 20 years of pastoral experience. We believe that God has called Francis to labor closely with us during this season. Considered an "elder among elders," he will provide training to our leadership team and staff, as well as assist in the development and implementation of our renewed discipleship model.

http://www.alcf.net/elderupdates

2014/10/6 23:05Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

I am curious if this may lead to a lead pastor role there. The former pastor resigned after a "moral failure" a few years ago that was never publicly specified. I looked to see if there is a senior or lead pastor, and it looks to me that perhaps....maybe.....not sure ...... that they have adopted a plurality pastorate model, which also looks very racially and gender mixed. Noteworthy as well is the charismatic roots of that fellowship.

I am hopeful for this. Since David Platt left his pastorate to lead the SBC's International Mission Board, I was curious what Chan was up to. This could be quite a good thing.

2014/10/6 23:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy