SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Please, no more Catholic bashing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
moreofHim

Please, no more Catholic bashing

brothers and sisters,

I am appealing to you all that we stop this. Though we may not agree with all of their beliefs, still a hungry soul is a hungry soul. I have some dear friends who are catholic whom i have sent here to listen to a sermon. I feel terrible that they have come here and seen the title of sooo many of the posts.

I have had a few catholics who, on their own, have subscribed to my xanga journal as well as my website because they search for the truth, and they love Jesus. I suggest sermons on SI and different articles. That is my understanding of how to be a light to them or anyone else.

Why would they even stay long enough to listen to a sermon if they see these posts? I don't want my witness to be lost or the witness of SI.

There are hungry people in every denomination- Catholic, methodist, baptist, whatever. In ever church and every denomination there are lost and decieved people- as well as hungry ones whom the Lord is calling softly to Himself. Let us not be a hindrence to that. Let us be waiting with love and open arms, with "food" and living water for those who are searching for truth.

I can't imagine how many might have hardened their hearts already by coming by SI and reading just the title of the posts lately.

In His love, Chanin

2005/4/23 20:11Profile
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Re: Love the people, abhor the lie

Chanin,

The Roman Catholic Church is NOT a denomination of true Christianity. It is a cult. The reason we expose the RCC is because we LOVE precious Roman Catholics and want to lead them to Christ. You cannot agree with a lie and expose it at the same time.

We must speak the truth in love. Only the knowledge of the Truth will set people free. If you really love Roman Catholics, you will tell them the truth. You will be honest with them about their pagan institution and gently lead them to the Saviour.

This is our goal. You can't pretend they are Christians. It would be deceptive to do so. It would be against my conscience in the Holy Ghost. The love of God constrains us to preach the truth.

I would rather a Roman Catholic be mad at me now, than have them scream at me from Hell for not telling them. I hope you would too.

Blessings,

TR

2005/4/23 20:21Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

You accused us of bashing the Catholic church, but it seems that you don't even believe what they believe. I do disagree with them on salvation. They say it is by works and we say it is through faith alone. But you know what, we both agree that Jesus Christ died for the sins of the world and that makes Him the Savior. So it seems you don't even believe what your own church is teaching. I have many problems with the Catholic churches beliefs, but I don't go around bashing them. We will all stand before God one day and have to account for what we did with the knowledge we had of His Son Jesus Christ. Jesus is the only door leading to heaven and the Father. All other doors lead straight to hell. That might sound blunt or uncaring but it isn't. It is just the truth and I will continue to proclaim it so that maybe a few more people will come through the right door.

2005/4/23 20:49Profile

TR

I agree with my sister Chanin. I feel in the Holy Spirit, that the bashing of catholics on this website is not the best possible witness of the Love of Christ, especially on a non-exclusive public website that is global.

I've noticed that you have linked stuff to chick dot com. I have handed out many many Chick tracts in my outreach to the homeless. I LOVE the tracts, however I'm not wild about his witness regarding the Word of God.

I have given much prayer and thought to the recent continuing 'controversy' on this website regarding the "KJV only" debate.

I have recieved much blessing and succor from God's precious and inerrant Word in my NIV Study Bible. The Deity of Christ is a truth buried deep in my heart.

I'm going to say this as clearly as I can; those who would say that the Bible I read, is "corrupt", or "corrupted", are perilously close to committing the unpardonable sin of blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

The onus, the thrust of this website is towards prayer and revival, and the forum towards discussion OF prayer and revival. Many times people burst onto the website spreading themselves forward in opinion, dissent and controversies. They don't last long here, the Spirit winds them in short order, and they leave.

2005/4/23 21:16
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Re: Neilgin1

Neilgin1,

Who's Catholic bashing? I haven't seen ANY Catholic bashing (i.e. bashing Roman Catholics). All I have seen is a love for them. As per the RCC institution, it IS all over the news ALL of the time now. The only reason I think it is receiving so much attention here is because it is timely.

Folks want to know the truth. I hope you wouldn't deny them that.

As per your fear of calling the NIV "corrupted," lets get a definition of corruption:

Corrupt: "changed in meaning or form, or deviating from the standard (of language usage or of manuscript reading).
Ex. "Sparrowgrass" is a corrupt spelling of "asparagus." The corrupt manuscript was full of errors made in copying from the original."

In this definition of the word "corrupt", the NIV is corrupt. Jesus thought it NOT robbery to be equal with God. (Phil. 2:6) The NIV denies this. Definition: Corruption.

If you want to settle for a little corruption in your Bible, that is your business. I'm not bashing, blaming, or accusing you. I am just stating fact and discussing the issue. Jesus loves you and so do I.

Blessings,

TR

2005/4/23 21:27Profile

Re:

Its Neil, that's my name.

Quote:
As per your fear of calling the NIV "corrupted

brother "TR" (textus receptus?)

I have no fear. You can term a version of the Bible as corrupt if you want, all I am saying is that the Bible I hold, is God's Holy Word, and for anyone to call it "corrupt" is to veer perilously close to committing the unpardonable sin.

Walk as you will though.

you make two other statements using the word "truth" and the word "fact", they are two diiferent things. Fact is the stuff you see on the TV and the news, the poo of the world, the dross of man.

Truth is "Jesus Christ and Him crucified", and that is all I know.

You register on this forum one day ago, and already you're steaming forward into a sea of dissent on this forum in the name of truth.

I've seen this before.

2005/4/23 21:38
taco

Re:

There is a place for correcting an error in love, I think we will all agree. There is also such a thing as an obsession.

Lets look very quickly at the example of Paul the apostle. Did he preach truth? Certainly. He preached the truth of the gospel. Did he show people error? Yes, read Acts 17 he told the idol worshipers that God was not worshiped with men's hands. Was he obsessed? Obsessed with the gospl and with it's Author, but no with tearing down falsehood. He courteoulsy and quickly showed the error to those practicing it, and went on to decalre the truth. Read Acts 17 again.

Here is the testimony of the town clerk of epheses about Paul:

Ac 19:37 For ye have brought these men, who are neither temple-plunderers,[u] nor speak injuriously of your goddess.[/u]

Paul certainly did not promote the worship of anyone or anything other than the God of Israel, nor was he secretive about his belief - but neither was he unmannerly. If one truly has a desire to reach the lost he will have compassion for them, this will be evident in their speech.

2005/4/23 21:41Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
If you want to settle for a little corruption in your Bible, that is your business. I'm not bashing, blaming, or accusing you. I am just stating fact and discussing the issue. Jesus loves you and so do I.

There are two words here that need never be in the same sentence in my estimation: [i]corruption[/i] and [i]Bible[/i]. Certainly there are translations that I would refrain from using when studying or teaching; but 'corrupt' is a strong word and it casts doubt on all versions as people simply don't know what to trust. Not only that, not all God fearing scholars agree on all the particulars of these things.

It is topics like this that the enemy uses to 'sift' the faith of new converts or those who are unstable when the posts are strong and come off like this. We must not allow our strong convictions to become a weapon in the enemies hand.

2005/4/23 21:41Profile
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Robert W

RobertW,

What do you think of this sentence?:

Jehovah's Witnesses have translated a corrupt Bible version called the New World Translation.

Was that sentence blasphemy? Or was it the truth?

Try not to let your emotions rule your posting. Blessings,

TR

2005/4/23 21:50Profile

Re: Please, no more Catholic bashing

There is a way that seemth right unto a man and the end there of are the ways of death.

I think what Chanin is trying to say is this, What is the purpose of Catholic bashing? She knows the truth as much as we do, BUT what is it doing for you and I by doing what we are doing? Is it strengthing our faith by bashing or it making us look like we are good stewarts by bashing?

I think that Chanin is right in what she is saying, let me explain using Pauls own words.

I really want you to read this post, don't skim thru it looking for an argument, read into what it is being said, and then reply.

"19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some."

I knew of a missionary a United Pentecostal who went to south America and he had a devil of a time getting any converts. He preached against false doctrine, but he wasn't winning any converts. After 2 fruitless years, he was ready to pack up and go home. He went to prayer and the LORD gave him instructions on what to do. Instead of condemning thier doctrine which they held sacred, he went in with a different approach. He told them, "Did you know that Mary was in the upper room and received the holy Ghost", would you like to receive what Mary received?", He went in that direction, instead of trying to take something away from them, He added to them a greater promise. These people werre filled with the holy Ghost, and after awhile they began to abandon idol worship and marion worship, why? Because it is the holy Spirits job to lead and guide us into all truth.

This was a true story.

I am not saying that we should become soft and accept the teachings of the Catholic church, if that is what you are seeing in this post then I question your sincerity in wanting to save catholics. But what I am saying is that there are other approaches and the above story is one of them. It is not an all time forumula, God cannot be put in a box, but He has other ways of reaching the masses if we can only tune in to His wave.

Weary
:-(

2005/4/23 21:56

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy