SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Proverbs 12:10

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Proverbs 12:10

A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal, But even the compassion of the wicked is cruel.
Proverbs 12:10

Could someone please explain what this scripture saying at the end, "compassion of the wicked is cruel"
Thanks!
Brother Bill

2014/10/2 13:52Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Proverbs 12:10

I think it's a way of saying that the wicked can't be nice even if they wanted to (because they don't want to)

2014/10/2 14:51Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I would agree with TMK.

There used to be a saying that if you want to know how a man will treat his family observe how he treats his animals [under his care]. This saying may not say much today given the fact there are more urbanites who have developed an excessive care/love for animals, wildlife unlike people who farm the land and raise animals and fowl for food. When most folks used to use horses for transportation, milked cows for milk, raised chicken for eggs - surrounded by animals and fowl, it will test their mettle. Some were kind and others cruel. When people were cruel to each other they were also cruel to animals.

Long way around to explain how a farm girl would understand this verse.

2014/10/2 15:35Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

The wicked do not "see" others as anything but useful to their own lusts. When they show what may appear to be compassion, there will be an underlying selfish motivation.

Unlike lust, love takes pleasure in genuine compassion just because it is good and a reward is not necessary.

2014/10/2 19:25Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Thanks to all that responded, this enlightens me a bit.

2014/10/3 10:50Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy