SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Homosexual slant on the Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I find many flaws with my friends statements and yet as I sit back and reflect on this genre as a whole I ask myself, why is it that the righteous sit back and take it while those who support and commit unrighteous seem to be allowed to raise their voice. If we raise our voice our voice we are seen as intolerant, phobic, unloving,hateful, deceived and so forth.

I liken the voice of the righteous as that of a frog being slowly boiled. The voice is slowly fading away to the extent that even the church has no credibility anymore and the term hypocrisy has been the tag. Just like the Scarlet Letter. No respect, no love, no power of God.

This scripture keeps coming to mind more and more as a whole and not a specific to the genre of homosexuality.
The focus is on the individual being given over to their sinful desires.

Quote:

Romans 1
21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

I am rapidly having the opinion that there will be no mass revival in America. Only in certain portions. similar to a city is in a deep chill and the only revival of fire going on are in the trash cans on street corners instead of the homes of every resident to stay warm.

2014/10/1 8:12Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

The gospel preached by the first century church was into a social and political context much worse than any of us in our modern world experience.

And look what happened, they turned the world upside down. Lets stay believing friends, the gospel is the power of God!!

2014/10/1 8:20Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

My oh My the sins of the flesh are deeply intrenched in those who hold to them. This is in response to something my friend just replied to me about. I want to share this with you simply from the standpoint of the exposition of the heart of the homosexual community as well dialogue with everyone on this board in how to counter these things and how to be proactive.

Quote:

Ok John. Like many you are overlooking and ignoring the FACT that Translations can cause people to believe differently. This has Nothing to do about the Bible being corrupted, but man that wrote the translations to their agenda. So if I were to show you an Ancient Bible that did not have the word Homosexual in it. Your moth would Drop and You would have No Argument. We will also take into context that because you are Straight that you feel the Need and have the Authority to push your point. Careful! Because in fact you Dear John have become a Modern Day Pharasee that JESUS would Avoid like many So Called Christans using the Bible as a Bashing device. Your thoughts John in Gods eyes could be more Sinful than an Average Gay! Have you ever thought about That! We are ALL Sinners! So for you to Single US Out! You infact have Condemed Yourself! JESUS know Man would use the Bible to Control HIM, so you need to go back and look at the times He Ignored the BIBLE THUMPERS and Did what He was called to do by His Heavenly Father! Your Fighting a War that you Unnecessary. And should tend to other Wars like Feading the Starving and Helping the Homeless! Like Jesus Deciples that argued ..."Who is the Greatest In the Kingdome of Heaven?" JESUS Shut them Up by having a Simple Little Child sit beside him. You know the rest I'm Sure! So Once again. Careful about this Boastful knowledge in these Translations.
I Refuse to Argue with anymore. I would rather be Silent as a Child and let GOD take care of this matter in time for you and the rest of the Religious ones in Society that will have a "Rude Awakening someday!"
GOD Bless you Brother!
Huggz of Love!

This hurt and yet my friend doesn't seem to understand that it is the homosexual community who is pushing their lifestyle onto society so when someone doesn't agree and speaks up, as homosexuals are doing in their push, then we become labeled. I call it the bully pulpit. Question is, does anyone agree with these comments or am I off base?

Now exclamation that just kills my soul with him. His last comment is ...

Quote:

Btw John, in closing I will leave an Eye Opening verse for All to Follow. So Stop and Pray about this one Carefully from the scriptures of ...LUKE 6:42.

I will even use the KJV to fit our discussion.

Luke 6:42
Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eys.

2014/10/1 12:28Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Your friend is under a delusion and he has not received the "love of the truth." Pray that he receives the love of the truth.

Everyone of us (Christian or not), protects what we believe in b/c of pride and b/c we don't want to change. Changing from "any" kind of a lifestyle takes courage and accepting the truth.

Smokers don't want to change b/c who would they go to break with at work if they quit smoking?

Homosexuals don't want to leave their lifestyle b/c who would be their friend when they leave their whole community?

I'm just adding these points b/c people consider these things UNTIL..... God changes them. And until God opens your friend's eyes, his argument will not change.

My two cents brother! God bless you trying though,
Lisa

2014/10/1 14:30Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

An ideological war is not won with debates; this is a spiritual war. The best you can do is pray, asking the LORD to inspire you how you should respond, not allowing your distractors to shape this response.

Using King James sexual preferences as a means to disqualify the validity of the King James Bible demonstrates gross ignorance as to the inspiration of the Bible. I would also expect that there were among the translators people who did not know the LORD either. Dunno if I am correct on this,but I would rather have experts in languages to translate the WORD then theologians...I would be afraid they would screw the text that would justify their doctrinal position.

Just my opinion, at the moment. In any case, you have a dilemma and I pray the Holy Spirit to give you insight in knowing how to deal with it. Just remember this is a spiritual war, not an ideological one.

God bless.

2014/10/1 14:45Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I waited a few days and I posted this to my FB to my friend. I did this after being at work today and suddenly I seemed to sense God drop something into my heart to show my friend that homosexuality is still sin without fighting over the word 'Homosexuality'. It really astounded me when this came. I want to post it here to share and also pray for my friend. This battle is a spiritual one.

Quote:

Laz, you are offended more than you are open and you are only open to that which you choose to see when it comes to this topic.. Your reaction demonstrates this by applying label to me as done in liberal/progressive circles. I call it the bully pulpit because it is meant to bully and tag anyone who disagrees and shout them down and call them names and even get personal.

The word play of 'homosexual' is like a Jehovah Witness denying the Trinity because the word "Trinity" is not in the Bible. How about 'Abortion' the word is not there so it is ok as well? Principles and description lead us to the truth in these matters. For even if one were to take the word 'homosexual' out of the translate English bibles they still reveal to us that homosexuality is sin just by description and principle.
Here are some examples. Gen 1:27- 28 ( When did God change this union and allow female on female or male on male and called it blessed?) Gen. 19:5, Lev. 20:13, Romans 1, Jude 7, 1 cor6:9. No mention of the word homosexual but you can see by principle description it is there and it was not a good thing. The OT declared a judgment against these sexual sins. Thank goodness those punishments don't extend to today.
The NT extends grace and mercy, for now through the Cross of Jesus, as was extended to the woman caught in adultery......a sexual sin as well. " Go and sin no more" - Message of the Cross. Essentially, repent- go and sin no more. Yes, God still called adultery sin but extended Grace to her. Yet that doesn't mean that sin will not be judged. At what point did God say these sexual relations are now good and in now way are sin? Your argument is not with me but it is what we know of what God says even if we choose to say some things were translated wrong? The Bible still arrests us as it does a Jehovah Witness who used the NWT. For even that bible can show how the Watchtower is deceitful and misleading their people.

I take the time to say these things because this whole arena is not one of flesh and blood, as the bible says. It originates as a spiritual thing and the war/fight is in the heavenlies. Laz, label words do hurt but I look past them and will still give you a hug brother and refuse to allow those arrows to severe our lines of communication. Building bridges of redemption is what I strive for (Because it is what Jesus did at the Cross) as well as tearing down thick walls of Earthly and spiritual obstruction. Let's strive for Dietiphobia and be in concert with the industrial orchestra incorporated before God in heart!. Godspeed!

Deitiphobia and industrial orchrestra incorporated are reference to a Christian industrial band as well as a band my friend put together as a solo project. I.O.I. for short.

2014/10/3 16:34Profile
proudpapa

Was King James a homosexual ?

'Touch not that unclean thing' by David H. Sorenson, D. Min, Northstar Baptist Ministries 2001 p.193 :

"The charge than is advansed by adversaries of the King James Version that King James 1 of England was a bawdy fellow and even a homosexual. However, these charges as well collapse upoun further investigation....'

p.194 :'.....However, the most serious allegation brought forth (after he was dead) was that he was a homosexual. This allegation was picked up and published in the Moody Monthly in its July/August 1985 edition. These charges have never been proved. As will be noted below, they originated from an embittered political enemy of James who vowed vengeance against him. His charges are analogous to the tactics of modern political operatives in attacking their foes....'

The following are :
p. 197 '....excepts from James own pen to his sons:

"But the principle blessing is in your marrying of a godly and virtuos wife...being flesh of your flesh and bone of your bone...Marriage is the greatest earthly felicity...Without the blessings of God you cannot look for a happy marriage"

"keep your body clean and unpolluted while you give it to your wife whom to only it belongs for how can you justly crave to be joined to a Virgin if your body be polluted"

"Especially eschew to be effeminate"

"Therefore first of all things, learn to love that God whom to ye have a double obligation"

"The whole scripture is dictated by Gods spirit"

"As ye are a good Christian,so ye may be a good king... establishing good laws amoung your people: the other,by your behavior in your own person with your servants"

"There are some horrible crimes that you are bound in conscience never to forgive: such as witchcraft,willful murder,incest, and sodomy"

"Abstain from the filthy vice of adultery; remember only what solemn promise ye made to God at your marriage"

"Holiness being the first and most requisite quality of a Christian (as proceeding from true fear and knowledge of God)"

"In these quotations from James to his sons,notice the emphasis upon moral purity, fidelity, and personal holiness. His Loyalty to God is apparent. Notice also how that he describes sodomy as a horrible crime..."

2014/10/10 13:41Profile
proudpapa

Re: The Homosexual slant on the Bible

Quote:

I'm gonna haft to step in here. You are like a Brother to me. However. There is A Lot We ALL Don't Know! Dude! I just recently found out that King James was BiSexual! Yup! And on top of that he altered his translation to cover up his tracks or cover up for his Own Agenda! Many Scholats know this! And there is even a Phrase that is used ...Queen James! The religious Bibble thumpers might say to their Bashers ..."The Truth Hurts!" But if its Not the Truth! Then as ...The Tables are Turned on the on Them. Enough said! Jesus even turned the tables on the Saduces and the Pharases that tried to Trap and bash the Son of GOD! What you Don't know ...can not only Hurt you but Hurt and Kill Others!

There are many flaws of this persons understanding.

My previous post addresses the evil accusations against James.

The King James Version was a revision of the Tyndale Translation. I would challenge your friend to show exactly how the KJV is altered from that of Tyndale's translation in this area of accusation.

The queen james bible is actually a new translation that has removed all the negative refrenses about homosexuality.

If anyone is confused as why the King James Bible does not use the word homosexual, understand that the word 'homosexuality' was not coined untill the late 19th century

2014/10/10 14:25Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

There are many flaws of this persons understanding.

My previous post addresses the evil accusations against James.

The King James Version was a revision of the Tyndale Translation. I would challenge your friend to show exactly how the KJV is altered from that of Tyndale's translation in this area of accusation.

The queen james bible is actually a new translation that has removed all the negative refrenses about homosexuality.

If anyone is confused as why the King James Bible does not use the word homosexual, understand that the word 'homosexuality' was not coined untill the late 19th century

Because of this quote I noticed the word 'Queen James Bible'. I find that odd so I did a google on this and found out it does exist. Why didn't I think about searching this earlier?? Now this make too much sense. It is like what the Jehovah's Witnesses have done only in a different manner.
I am stunned!

John

2014/10/10 16:10Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re: King James was NOT a homosexual

"QUESTION: I have been told that King James was a homosexual. Is this true?

ANSWER: No.

EXPLANATION: King James I of England, who authorized the translation of the now famous King James Bible, was considered by many to be one of the greatest, if not the greatest, monarchs that England has ever seen.
Through his wisdom and determination he united the warring tribes of Scotland into a unified nation, and then joined England and Scotland to form the foundation for what is now known as the British Empire.

At a time when only the churches of England possessed the Bible in English, King James' desire was that the common people should have the Bible in their native tongue. Thus, in 1603, King James called 54 of history's most learned men together to accomplish this great task. At a time when the leaders of the world wished to keep their subjects in spiritual ignorance, King James offered his subjects the greatest gift that he could give them. Their own copy of the Word of God in English.

James, who was fluent in Latin, Greek, and French, and schooled in Italian and Spanish even wrote a tract entitled "Counterblast to Tobacco",which was written to help thwart the use of tobacco in England.

Such a man was sure to have enemies. One such man, Anthony Weldon, had to be excluded from the court. Weldon swore vengeance. It was not until 1650, twenty-five years after the death of James that Weldon saw his chance. He wrote a paper calling James a homosexual. Obviously, James, being dead, was in no condition to defend himself.

The report was largely ignored since there were still enough people alive who knew it wasn't true. In fact, it lay dormant for years, until recently when it was picked up by Christians who hoped that vilifying King James, would tarnish the Bible that bears his name so that Christians would turn away from God's book to a more "modern" translation.

It seems though, that Weldon's false account is being once again largely ignored by the majority of Christianity with the exception of those with an ulterior motive, such as its author had.
It might also be mentioned here that the Roman Catholic Church was so desperate to keep the true Bible out of the hands of the English people that it attempted to kill King James and all of Parliament in 1605.

In 1605 a Roman Catholic by the name of Guy Fawkes, under the direction of a Jesuit priest by the name of Henry Garnet, was found in the basement of Parliament with thirty-six barrels of gunpowder which he was to use to blow up King James and the entire Parliament. After killing the king, they planned on imprisoning his children, re-establishing England as a state loyal to the Pope and kill all who resisted. Needless to say, the perfect English Bible would have been one of the plot's victims. Fawkes and Garnet and eight other conspirators were caught and hanged.
It seems that those who work so hard to discredit the character of King James join an unholy lot."

From chick.com

2014/10/10 16:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy