SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What do you call a Christian forum where nobody argues?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

What do you call a Christian forum where nobody argues?

Nobody knows because they don't exist:)

2014/9/29 0:53
HeartSong

Re: What do you call a Christian forum where nobody argues?

I would call it a Christian forum.

2014/9/29 0:56Profile

Re:

No it's not!!!

I hope you can tell "I make joke" ???

2014/9/29 1:04
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Nobody knows because they don't exist:)

Heaven. :)

But seriously I do believe dear brother that the Church on earth has times where there is such great unity, blessing and a sense of God in the midst that all saints get along and focus on what really matters. For instance the Moravian Movement had great debating and arguing in their community until there was a great Baptism of Love in their midst and all arguing stopped as they all focused on the Lamb of God, sharing to all of mankind of His sufferings and death. And being busy serving each other in love.

The Lord can do this and has in the forums here for seasons had such grace upon saints that they served each other and loved each other greatly.

2014/9/29 5:41Profile
savannah

Re: What do you call a Christian forum where nobody argues?

PROGRESSIVE EVOLUTION?

OR MAYBE...LAKEWOOD CHURCH?

OR MAYBE...AMERICAN MYTHOLOGY?

IN BASEBALL...IS IT STILL THREE STRIKES YOU'RE OUT?

Ideally...

Now I am entreating you, brethren, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all may be saying the same thing, and there may be no schisms among you, but you may be attuned to the same mind and to the same opinion.1 Cor. 1:10

Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all say the same thing, and that there be not among you divisions; but that ye be perfectly united in the same mind and in the same opinion. 1 Cor. 1:10

But I appeal to you, Brothers, by the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to agree in what you profess, and not to allow divisions to exist among you, but to be united-of one mind and of one opinion. 1 Cor. 1:10

Now I entreat you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to cultivate a spirit of harmony--all of you--and that there be no divisions among you, but rather a perfect union through your having one mind and one judgement. 1 Cor. 1:10

2014/9/29 7:49Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: resting Mark's case

Thank you. Even the translators of 1 Cor 1:10 can't agree on the wording...!

2014/9/29 10:57Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re: A word about translators

Translation of the scriptures, as every other matter should be done unto the Lord. Those who take on this task should carefully attempt to choose each word or phrase with a linguistic integrity that is uncorrupted by personal bias.

However, I believe we forget that everyone who shares the gospel, in whatever form the communication takes place, - "translates" the message as they deem best in the moment. I have met very few people who never alter a word or phrase while sharing the scriptures with others.

We would do well to remember that in the way we judge, we shall be judged. Sadly, translators can be the recipient of severe criticism (some perhaps deserved), but we all "translate" in our attempts to communicate the truth.

May we be as gracious towards the choices professional translators make as we are with our own liberty to "translate" as we talk.

I realize that the last post was very likely given with good faith and humor. I just want to take the opportunity to remind ourselves that we are all "translators" for more often than we may have realized. Let's all give all diligence to preserve the integrity of the original text and be gracious to each other when we are comparing our own attempts.

makrothumia

2014/9/29 12:55Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

Yes, Makrothumia, some humor was intended, but to Mark's larger point we are all in some permanent disagreement and it is only love that covers that. Otherwise we would be like some in the world who rage in merciless conflict over meaningless trivialities.

I would suggest that as the Scripture says, we "overcome by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony."

Note that the Blood of the Lamb is the unchangeable Jesus, but the word of personal testimony is a fresh and different story for each one who comes to the Blood!

2014/10/1 1:22Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Our struggle is not against flesh and blood........

2014/10/1 10:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy