SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : I did not come to save the righteous...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

There is only One who is righteous and makes sinners righteous.

There is only One who is Holly and makes sinners Holly as He is Holly.

There is only One who has ears to hear and gives sinners ears to hear.

There is only One who gives true repentance as He needed no repentance but knew From the Father the sinner does.

Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Who's working? "We strive according to His working, which worketh in me mightily." Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

In Christ: Phillip

2014/9/29 20:56Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Dear Philup,

Col.1:26,..Christ in you,the hope of glory...like you said and
Paul says,it is a mystery,...to be made manifest to His saints (that we may comprehend this mystery )

Paul says," We strive,according to His working,which worketh in me mightily."

So we think about ,..Christ is in us ,..born in us,...

Christ ALIVE,...( The resurrected Lord in us ) to rule,be Lord in us.." The
Hope of Glorifing Him "

We DEAD,..The cross ,...not my will but,..Him working,...Him working,...working,....like you said in the above Scripture,.He worked in Paul,...
Allowing The Lord to command His work in Paul and in us.

"The Hope to bring glory to Him."

Is that the way you see this?

Lovingly,
elizabeth

2014/9/29 23:15Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Yes Elizabeth,

We are the Hope of His Glory and ours.

Amen

Birthed of our Father' Incorruptable Seed, The Hope of Glory by Christ in you and Christ in me.

This is why the Comforter, Teacher is come, to reveal this mystery.

2014/9/30 1:29Profile
Sree

Re:

Bible quotes these words of Jesus in 3 different places- Mark 2:17, Luke 5:32, and Matt 9:13. All these were answers given to Pharasees who tried to point out the mistakes of others. They classified certain group of people as sinners and did not want to associate with them. This means they are considering themselves as perfect. The moment I start noticings others shortcommings and call them sinners, I have no more need of Christ Jesus.

Brother Zac Poonen once said that the Jurdgment seat beongs to God. The moment we start judging others we are only saying to God that "Get up from your seat, there is a flaw in your judgment. Now let me sit and judge these people".

We should be careful not to associate with so called believers who call on the name of our Lord but live in a deny him in their life. Paul has clearly warned the Corinthians of such assocaiation. One needs wisdom to distinguish both.

2014/9/30 6:07Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I tend to agree with you Sree regarding the passage I was talking about; When Jesus said "righteous" he was referring to the Pharisees, but with His tongue planted firmly in cheek. They were anything but righteous, especially self-righteous.

In fact this may be a time when Jesus was using a little sarcasm.

2014/9/30 6:16Profile
ThyKingCome

Southern CA

Re:

I believe the best way to read that is to understand that Jesus was implying the "self-righteous". He spoke in a few different ways towards those who in their own estimation had a right-standing before God based on works, self-righteousness or even natural birth-right.

-He compared the sick (sinners) with the well (self-righteous)Those who are well have no need of a physician. In other words they did not submit to the diagnosis prescribed and therfeore saw no need to be healed.

-He compared the blind (sinners) with the seeing or those who claimed to be able to see (Pharisees, religious elite, scribes)

See below verses. John Chapter 9

True Vision and True Blindness
35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said to him, “Do you believe in the Son of God?”[e]

36 He answered and said, “Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?”

37 And Jesus said to him, “You have both seen Him and it is He who is talking with you.”

38 Then he said, “Lord, I believe!” And he worshiped Him.

39 And Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be made blind.”

40 Then some of the Pharisees who were with Him heard these words, and said to Him, “Are we blind also?”

41 Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, ‘We see.’ Therefore your sin remains.

One last comment regarding the original verse in the original post - Jesus said that He "did not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." My wife and I were talking about this verse last night, and one thing that stood out to us was that Jesus plainly says that He came to call sinners to repentance. Jesus came preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, and He was the very Word of God - so if God the incarnate Son brings the message of the Gospel of the Kingdom to us, and it can be summed up in calling sinners to repentance, how is it that we as the Church have drifted so far from this initial message of Christ. How close are we to His original message? Are we too taking up that mantle and calling sinners to repentance? Are we preaching repentance? Are we calling sin "sin"? If our message does not include calling people to repentance, then is it even the Gospel of Christ we are proclaiming? A Gospel without repentance is one of the primary inroads for spiritual deception.

2014/9/30 11:58Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Excellent post, TKC.

I think we have indeed drifted from the simple gospel.

I am guilty of this, I was telling our small group last week that my wife is a much better "witnesser" than me because she has a knack for keeping it simple while I feel the need to answer peoples' objections and therefore get sidetracked.

As AW Tozer says in the Revival Hymn compilation, we don't need to go around making excuses for the gospel.

2014/9/30 13:35Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """True Vision and True Blindness
35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said to him, “Do you believe in the Son of God?”[e]

36 He answered and said, “Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?”

37 And Jesus said to him, “You have both seen Him and it is He who is talking with you.”"""

This is the true version of what repentance unto salvation truly is;

38 Then he said, “Lord, I believe!” And he worshiped Him.

Revealed to this blind person by Jesus Christ Himself in the flesh.

Now it is revealed to us by the Holy Spirit because of the Spirit of Christ that is birthed in us.

Our true repentance is; "Lord I believe". These are the ones Jesus came to save, not those that questioned Him and made of Him coming from the Devil. These are the self righteous ones He came not to save, unless they repent and believe.

2014/9/30 19:44Profile
Sree

Re:

Matthew 21:31- Jesus said to them, "Truly I say to you that the tax collectors and prostitutes will get into the kingdom of God before you."

The Pharasees rebuked Jesus for eating with Tax collectors and sinners. But here Jesus said the so called sinners are entering the kingdom of God ahead of them. How did this happen? How did those whom Jesus called righteous did not enter the kingdom?

If we consider our sins as an ocean that seperates us from God then Jesus is the only bridge that we can use to cross this Ocean and reach God's kingdom. The prostitues and Tax collectors knew the depth of their sins (Ocean) hence they know they cannot swim over it. So they are readily accepting the bridge (Jesus) to be saved from sinking in this ocean. But the Pharasees and self righteous, do not see their sin as an ocean. They justify themselves by covering their sins with their external holiness. Such people rejected the bridge. They thought they can easily cross over this pool of water (their sins) and enter the kingdom of God. The truth is our sins are deep as ocean for all of us no matter how we have lived on this earth, Jesus alone can connect us to God.

2014/10/1 1:29Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

It is one of Satan's most effective weapons, to keep sin in effect but hidden from view. The phrase "slaves to sin," has been replaced with "living an alternative lifestyle."

Wise the Psalmist, "Search me O God and see if there be any wicked way within me!"

2014/10/1 11:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy