SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What to do when you come across someone sawing a co-workers head off?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

What to do when you come across someone sawing a co-workers head off?

What to Do When you Come Across Someone Sawing a Co-workers Head Off?
I am being deadly serious, this is not a joke. So here are three concise steps of action that I urge my fellow Americans to use if they ever come across this kind of gruesome scenario. It may never happen to you, but if it does I don't want you to be unprepared:

Step 1) Grab your gun.
Step 2) Aim.
Step 3) Fire.

What NOT to do:
a) Do NOT run away!
b) Do NOT try to talk them out of it or negotiate, "hey, take my head and leave theirs". To a man who is about to or in the act of beheading someone, that will not work, I promise you.
c) Do NOT forget to pray, this is very, very important, especially if you are a christian. Pray this prayer.
"In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost."
Then pull the trigger.

2014/9/27 12:08
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: What to do when you come across someone sawing a co-workers heads off?

Since I do not own a gun and hence no carry permit, those would not be my options.

Me? Being an older woman, I would have to call 911 because on the news he looked like a pretty big guy. Realistically, I don't know if I could run him over to get him to stop.

When I jumped into the middle of the fray before, I was a LOT younger, spry and thinner!! LOL

The topic made me laugh which made me have to provide an answer!!

2014/9/27 12:21Profile

Re:

Yes of course Lysa I realise some people do not own a gun, I am just being thankful that the manager of that plant yesterday was able to follow my steps above and save at least one life. Praise the Lord!

2014/9/27 12:28

Re:

The scary thing is that this PRECISE scenario is going to be happening again and again ALL OVER THE WORLD. It is as if something new from hell has been released from the pit!!!

2014/9/27 12:33
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Well, I'm 6 feet tall and weigh 200 pounds, and I don't own a gun, so I would try to disarm him and beat the tar out of him. I would try to make said beating as christian as I could, though.

2014/9/27 13:17Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: So God knew what He was doing after all!

I admit it was troubling to me in years past when non-Christians objected to the faith because of God's instructions to the Israelites to kill entire populations of neighboring people. (1 Samuel 15:3) I was in a Rodney King frame of reference I guess, "Can't we all just get along?"

But as these world-wide terror events begin to fester and grow it is increasingly clear that it would have been better if some of these vermin never existed. Clearly driven by satanic ambitions, there is no pause for moral reflection or any provision for grace and reason.

You are right, Awakened- aim and shoot. It is the only thing they understand. And apparently first understood by the Father Himself.

"My Spirit will not always strive with men..."

2014/9/27 13:18Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

“Do not return evil for evil.” ( 1 Pet 3.9 , Rom 12.17 , 1 Thes 5.15 )
“Overcome evil with good.”( Rom 12.21 ) “Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave room for the wrath of God; for it is written, ‘Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.’” (Rom 12.19 )

We are specifically called to follow Jesus example of suffering love and non-retaliation. ( 1 Peter 2.21). Jesus died for the life his enemies. ( Rom 5.8, 10 ) Jesus gave this as the specific reason to love our enemies, "so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven" ( Mat 5.45 ) -- to be like him!

God will take care of us and is fully capable of handling those who do evil. We should not fear people, even those who could kill us (Matt 10.28 ).

---

Mt 5:44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

Lu 6:27 But I say to you that listen, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. 29 If anyone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also;

Lu 6:35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return. Your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High; for he is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked.

Mt 5:39 But I say to you, Do not make use of force against an evil man; but to him who gives you a blow on the right side of your face let the left be turned. -Bible in Basic English

Lu 6:37 "Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

Lu 12:22 And he said to his disciples, "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you shall eat, nor about your body, what you shall put on.

Mt 26:52 Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its place; for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.

Mt 7:12 In everything do to others as you would have them do to you; for this is the law and the prophets.

1 Peter 3.8 Finally, all of you, have unity of spirit, sympathy, love of the brethren, a tender heart and a humble mind. :9 Do not return evil for evil or reviling for reviling; but on the contrary bless, for to this you have been called, that you may obtain a blessing.

Ro 12.17-21 Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all. 18 If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. 19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave room for the wrath of God; for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord." 20 No, "if your enemies are hungry, feed them; if they are thirsty, give them something to drink; for by doing this you will heap burning coals on their heads."
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good .

1Th 5:15 See that none of you repays evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to all.

2014/9/27 13:55Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by sermonindex on 2014/9/27 10:55:00

“Do not return evil for evil.” ( 1 Pet 3.9 , Rom 12.17 , 1 Thes 5.15 )
“Overcome evil with good.”( Rom 12.21 ) “Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave room for the wrath of God; for it is written, ‘Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.’” (Rom 12.19 )

We are specifically called to follow Jesus example of suffering love and non-retaliation. ( 1 Peter 2.21). Jesus died for the life his enemies. ( Rom 5.8, 10 ) Jesus gave this as the specific reason to love our enemies, "so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven" ( Mat 5.45 ) -- to be like him!

God will take care of us and is fully capable of handling those who do evil. We should not fear people, even those who could kill us (Matt 10.28 ).

Thank you for posting this Greg!! Really appreciated the very good and timely reminder of what JESUS has to say on this topic!!

God bless
maryjane

2014/9/27 14:04Profile

Re:

Lol, I am pretty sure that Jesus never said anything on the topic of what to do if your friend is getting his head cut off and there's a gun on the table in front of you:) But he did say this...

"...for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light." (Luke 16:8)

2014/9/27 16:08
MaryJane

Re:

Its interesting because all the verse Greg shared spoke very clearly to me on what to do when confronted with evil. Maybe the details differ but the response we are called to is always the same, love your enemies.

Again thank you Greg for sharing and pointing us to JESUS...

God bless
maryjane

2014/9/27 16:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy