SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christian Book Banning Begins—Where Do We Go From Here?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Christian Book Banning Begins—Where Do We Go From Here?

It was nothing short of a Christian purging.

That's how the Pacific Justice Institute described what happened at a California charter school. They allege the school removed any book from its library that was either written by a Christian author or had a Christian message.

"It is alarming that a school library would attempt to purge books from religious authors," said Brad Dacus, president of the religious advocacy group. "Indeed, some of the greatest literature of Western Civilization comes from religious authors. Are they going to ban the sermons or speeches of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.?"

A parent, who was visiting the Temecula campus of the Springs Charter Schools, discovered the library purging last month. ...

read more: http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/45504-christian-book-banning-begins-where-do-we-go-from-here

2014/9/24 11:46Profile

Re: Christian Book Banning Begins—Where Do We Go From Here?

And next will be the Bible to be banned. And they say it could not happen here.

Bearnaster

2014/9/24 12:09
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Well it seems the bible is banned from that school library!

2014/9/24 12:11Profile

Re:

Quote:
And next will be the Bible to be banned. And they say it could not happen here.

who says that?...maybe some of us on this forum have bought cases of stout hardcover Bibles and stashed them.

always assume the worst, when dealing with the devil and his crowd.

you know what was funny (not funny ha ha) about reading that article, was on the right hand side, a link to an article that read:

"RICK JOYNER ISSUES URGENT WARNING: ISIS COMING TO AMERICA AS THE 'GATE OF HELL' HAS OPENED."

then in small type it says:
"Rick Joyner shares a troubling dream he had Thursday night about.."

and there's a picture above it, with Rick, on a tv set, hands neatly folded, concern etched on his brow, a sign that reads the program is called "Prophetic Perspectives"
lower corner...morning star tv.com.

that rankles me a thousand times more than these secular functionaries.....what do expect from them?

but charisma news, I would hold to a higher standard, in how they dare let a phony apostate backslidden wolf in sheeps clothing like Joyner get ANY BANDWIDTH on their site.

what is wrong with them?!?....this is the guy who "restores" another backslidden apostate like Todd Bentley in less time than it takes to make Kraft Macaroni and cheese! Let's clean up the "Temple" first.

the only reason Joyner hooked up with Todd, was so he could plunge his hand into Todd's money bag, after he "restored" him.

expecting some secular bureaucrat to be open to any literature on this Most Holy Faith, is like expecting a woodchuck to translate the Rosetta Stone...aint gonna happen, brothers!!

what I fail to understand is why we don't call to task these modern day Balaams. I saw a youtube video, with Billy Jo Briggs, who had compiled a bunch of TV clips from .....whats the word?....from "wolves" lets say, going over their ridiculous antics over the airwaves in the Name of Christ....it was so hideous and embarrassing, I was literally sickened....and I was thinking to myself, "what madness has overtaken these money hungry apostates, that they DARE play games with God?"

I was thinking of posting it....but this is a global website devoted to Revival, and that would be akin to hanging out nasty underwear, which I wont do.

2014/9/24 13:06
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re:

Brother HezWeling,

I couldn't agree with your sentiment more...I recall him giving the same sort of "prophetic perspective" claiming that a large devastating earthquake was imminent in California a couple years back (which isn't news as even secular scientists have been saying the same thing for years) and telling people that they should hurry up and move out...and then other false prophets and parroters started shouting the same message saying that they "heard from God," spreading fear instead of speaking truth and the gospel.

And as I was reminded of these things and based on your comment, it hit me, we are living in the last days where God clearly tells us that deception will get worse and worse and people want lies instead of truth which is why they will follow and honor people like Joyner no matter what you, me, or anyone else says. And say that one day, one of his so called "prophesies" comes true...people will not look to his many failed ones but will only look to the ones that come to pass and find justification to flock to him and "legitimacy" to his ministry. Just by probability alone, he will have to be "right" one of these days...sigh...and further allow people to believe what they wish to believe in the darkness of their own thinking and desiring with a mere presumption of spirituality and faith and not of true substance.

And yet still, the Lord is sovereign and faithful in all His ways and will snatch out of the fire those whom He wills, those who have been known by Him since before the world began. This gives me peace and stills my heart knowing that He will work everything out according to His unsearchable wisdom and love and mercy and patience and kindness according to His perfect timing, hallelujah!

2014/9/24 14:46Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy