SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : ***Sermon of the Week***

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hulsey

Missouri

***Sermon of the Week***

Ok, this is the first week where I will start posting a weekly sermon. I'm taking over for Havok20x as his new job responsibilities will not allow him to do this for the time being.

I'm going to take a slightly different approach. Instead of posting a random sermon, I'm going to post sermons that follow a theme or subject.

One of the members of SI came across and old post from the forum. Someone had posted an article from A. W. Tozer called The Menace of the Religious Movie. What struck him was, that in spite of the controversial nature of the article, everyone's attitude toward one another was that of graciousness in the forum.

I was very active myself in the forums at that time and I can tell you that for about a year before that period the forums were a battlefield. I looked forward to racing home from work during my lunch hour just to see who I could fight with in my posts. But, for the most part, we were LISTENING TO THE SERMONS that were being posted.

The true treasure of this site is not the forum but the sermons that are offered totally for free. And as we listened to them we were convicted of our sins, yes sins from the way we treated each other in the forums.

There was about a year and a half period when the forums became a rich place of fellowship. It was a delight to read and participate in them. It was from this time that there was such a sweet spirit that when heydave found the post he read he was touched and convicted.

"As an aside it was interesting to read back on the posts from around 10 years ago here. Most of those brothers no longer contribute, but what I noticed was the grace displayed towards one another in the discussion. I for one was somewhat convicted that the forum today is much more confrontational and I realised I had tended to become this way in many of my post. May we all (including me) learn from this and become much more gracious in our postings here."

As I said earlier, the forums were not that way in the beginning. We fought each other and lacked love for each other. What created that spirit that blessed heydave was that we were humbly listening to the messages on Sermonindex. And as we listened, our attitude toward one another changed.

I ask that you listen to each sermon with a humble heart, ready to receive from the Lord and seek to be conformed to His image. I pray that these sermons are a blessing to you.

For the next several weeks the sermons I am going to post will be on the subject of revival, true revival. Let's pray that we experience this in our lives that that we become a blessing to those around us.

The sermon this week is called 'Revive Us Again' by Duncan Campbell. Listen as he pours his heart for a longing to see the glory of God in his generation.

http://tinyurl.com/pwb3cu9

(I'm placing the sermon links in a tiny url to save space.)

2014/9/22 23:58Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: ***Sermon of the Week***

I listened to this a few months back. There is nothing but the Lord in this. I love hearing it again.

2014/9/23 18:25Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother Jeremy, these are words of wisdom you have shared and a blessing to read what you wrote. Looking forward to future featured sermons.

2014/9/23 18:28Profile
Elibeth

Thank you,Jeremy,

Elizabeth

2014/9/23 21:34Profile

bless God brother Jeremy, I have listened to that sermon over 30 times, and its feels new each time, much love, neil

2014/9/23 22:48

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy