SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Will Revival Come To America Again?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Will Revival Come To America Again?

“Revival is going to come because somebody in your generation is willing to pay the price."
-Jack Hayford

I desperately want this man to be right. Living in times like these, you have to be quite the optimist to believe these words. I want to believe his words. I pray that our generation will experience another great move of God’s Spirit.

Two things concern me though: First, I do not believe that the church in America has come to the point where it is ready to pay the price for revival. We are too busy and too preoccupied with other things. It's not that we can't have revival; we're just content enough to live without it. Secondly, since the signs of the time are indicating we are quickly approaching Christ's return, one has to wonder just how much time we have left for another revival in America.

I do not believe that God has given up on America and neither should God's people. However, I do believe we are running out of time. If we are going to see this country turn to God, the church must make the first move toward God. We must hurriedly turn back to God and to our knees in prayer.

I am becoming increasingly convinced that we are reaching an impasse in this nation. If the church does not awaken from its slumber, it will not be able to stop the onslaught of evil that is coming. If we do not pay the price for revival now, we will pay the price for our apathy later. May God help us to awake from our slumber before it’s too late.

Will revival come to America again? It can and will if we pay the price for it. What is the price? “The price for revival is travail” (Leonard Ravenhill). God said, “If My people pray, then….!” 2Chr 7:14

Will we pray or will we perish? The choice is ours.

2014/9/22 23:12Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: Will Revival Come To America Again?

Quote: “Revival is going to come because somebody in your generation is willing to pay the price."-Jack Hayford

Brother revival will not come because somebody in our generation pays a price, it will come because HE has prepared it. He has been working, he is working and he will continue to work preparing a people for these last days.

Take courage - God has said to me, he is sending a move of God the likes of which has not been seen before. Fear not - It will come to America..

So take your time, humble yourself before God and he will prepare you for the harvest that's coming.

Take a look at these Marines, let there strength, give you strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgS5MGcOABE

2014/9/23 0:38Profile

Docseth1, not sure who wrote this article (was it you) but I really appreciate it and agree with you 100%.

I was just talking to my wife about this same thing today, that the problem is that very few people are willing to pay the price to be free from their lukewarmness.

Lukewarmness you say? If we were not lukewarm I believe we would live in continual revival, much like Finney or Wigglesworth. But for a variety of reasons we are all somewhere on the sliding scale of lukewarmness. There is a "cure" but it comes at a very high price. Jesus tells us that we can pay that price, "buy from Me gold refined in the fire and white garments and salve for your eyes..."

While all the proud people are telling us that they are already at such an elevated place of enjoying such spiritual riches, perfectly spotless garments and seeing with absolute clarity, the rest of us can admit that we need God (to a lessor or greater degree) to intervene and bring about a personal revival in our lives.

And that can only come way and it is such a difficult and narrow road, which is why so few will actually ever embark down it. It is the path that sets ones face to SEEK GOD WITH ALL their heart.

Prayer is the great price to be "paid" and prayer coupled with repentance has always been the key to revival.

God promises an absolute guarantee of spiritual reward to all those who seek Him. But this is the price that nobody seems willing to pay. At least not from what I see around me. And yet I don't believe all is lost, I think somebody/s will one day pay that price and we will once again see a true Holy Spirit outpouring of revival in our land.

2014/9/23 1:10
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Re:

Thank you Awakened! I did write it. It's just something that has been burning in my heart lately. There is so much that could be said about revival and how it comes about. I still think 2Chron 7:14 is a good place to start.

2014/9/23 8:46Profile
savannah

It's not about a Nation in a geographical sense. Whether that Nation be America,Israel or otherwise. You can fill in the blank with any Nation you prefer. The 'God and Country' mentality must be obliterated from our mind if we're to have the mind of Christ.

Do NOT love America,Israel or any other Nation. Love Christ and those called out of the darkness of the Nations. May our worship be to Christ alone,for we have no King but Jesus.

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

To pray right is to pray thus:

Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth laborers into his harvest. Matt. 9:38

But those my enemies, who would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. Luke 19:27

As to travail:

Isaiah 53:11 He[Christ]shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Malachi 3:16-18 Then they that feared the LORD spoke often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name. And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him. Then shall ye return and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

And finally,consider:

...the mystery which has been hidden from the ages and from generations, but now was revealed to His saints.
To whom God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the nations, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory; whom we proclaim, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus. Col.1:26-28

America,Israel and all Nations at that,are no more than bloody murderous Nations. Keep that in mind,and may we be ambassadors for That Country and no other.

2 Cor. 5:20 Now then, we serve as ambassadors for Christ, as though God were appealing through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God.

2014/9/23 8:57Profile
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Re: Do NOT love America,Israel or any other Nation. Love Christ

Hi Savannah! You are forgetting a few Scriptures. Consider Romans chapter 9:1-2 where Paul said, "I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:"

My heart towards America is no different than Paul's was to his own nation of Israel. Don't forget that God sent Jesus to the Jews first.

What's my point? There is nothing wrong with desiring the spiritual reformation of your own country. I would hope that wherever you are from, you would desire the same for your country.

You say that America is a "bloody murderous nation," but a spiritual awakening in this country would change that. It would change any country for that matter. The entire world is in need of revival. If you think America is so terrible, then you should be praying for it to have a revival as well.

2014/9/23 9:48Profile
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Re:

:)

2014/9/24 8:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy