SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Praying for Urdu e-concordance

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Praying for Urdu e-concordance

A friend of mine here works in his spare time to produce content for foreign missions in their native languages. He compiles public domain electronic materials or materials with permission, and manipulates coding to remove internet dependent lines of code, and produces thumb drives rich in resources and freely duplicable.

He is working on an Urdu thumb drive for a Pakistani missionary. He has an Urdu bible that he scouted and found freeware software to remove internet coding from it and has now compiled a UNICODE, duplicable and reproducible, portable thumb drive.

At lunch today with the Pakistani missionary, who returns to Pakistan in three weeks, the need for an Urdu language concordance was expressed. Pakistan Bible Society publishes a hardcover, but no known to him electronic versions, and even still none with permissions for reproduction in this manner. He asked that I pray with him for such a resource, a lexicon, bible dictionary or something to help this work in Urdu.

There has been conflict between the Pakistan Bible Society and Frontiers/Wycliffe translators over the latters' insistence on watering down references to Jesus as "Son of God" and to God as "Father". The United Bible Society and the Pakistan Bible Society have cut ties in 2012 over the dispute regarding Muslim nations' native language bible translations.

Please pray for my friend to either find or be swiftly able to get permission or some way to compile this type of resource for the Urdu speaking world and wherein the truth of who God is is not compromised for pragmatism. This missionary highlighted this need and specified that the Urdu language resource must be the right kind of resource without compromising the truth, which is encouraging.

2014/9/22 19:05Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Praying for Urdu e-concordance

A sister shared this with me via email to share to this thread:

http://www.nurul-haque.org/ Quite a few resources here, including testimonies from former Muslims.

Please also draw to his attention the website called www.youversion.com, which has two electronic Urdu Bible versions.

2014/9/23 16:03Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

I passed that along in faith that it will give something helpful! Thanks!

2014/9/23 16:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy