SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Ian Paisley Dead at 88

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Martyr

United States

Ian Paisley Dead at 88

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/ian-paisley-dead-northern-ireland-first-minister-passes-away-aged-88-9729262.html

2014/9/12 11:06Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Ian Paisley Dead at 88

Leonard Ravenhill commented once that the Lord could have used paisley in a powerful way like Whitfield if he stayed away from politics. His preaching is expositional and biblical from a burdened heart to represent His Lord well.

He founded a bible college and a movement of over 100 free presbyterian churches.

2014/9/12 11:23Profile

i heard that too

and agree.

Quote:
Leonard Ravenhill commented once that the Lord could have used paisley in a powerful way like Whitfield if he stayed away from politics.

here's a replay of "Fundamentalism vs Apostasy" late 60's
http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=6863

2014/9/12 11:34
ThyKingCome

Southern CA

Re:

Would to God that the kind of fearlessness that characterized this brother's preaching would impact and influence the preaching of today. This brother was not afraid to blow the trumpet in Zion and sound the alarm!

Here is a message given by Brother Paisley from Haggai - calling the Church to consider her ways:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=15850

In His Love,

2014/9/12 11:45Profile
staff

Re:

hi,
Coming from Ireland its hard to believe he's gone.He seemed industructable.Unfortunately he brings mixed emotions to Irish people.However it has to be said that he "jumped"accross the divide to share power which reduced the violence in Northern Ireland to a small trickle.
He had a good sense of humour and the Republican leader Martin McGuinneas said today "that he had lost a friend"which is quite remarkable in itself.
What can be said only that he never went unnoticed by supporters or enemies and that he is with the Lord this evening something he looked forward to all his life and no doubt despite his political mistakes there are many other people there because of his preaching.
Yours Staff

2014/9/12 15:24Profile

staff

that's a wonderful post you shared. especially what martin McG said about Ian

in 2002, when I came to know Messiah Jesus, Ian was one of the first pastors I listened to...."Five Steps to Revival"....I didn't even KNOW their was that much difference between Protestants and Catholics, and Ian (obviously) schooled me.

i'm so GLAD the Troubles are over, may God keep His Hand over this peace. I love Ireland SO MUCH....my son's dear mother is Irish-American...she follows Jesus. so many Irish artists I love...that's my past "tent-making"

thank you for sharing....how can I be sad about Ian's passing the River?......i'll share something audio me and Jesus cut together, its entitled "A Wee Story"

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=25487

God bless you tzadik, neil

2014/9/12 20:19
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re: staff

Thanks for sharing this news. I had not heard that yet.

2014/9/13 5:00Profile
Will

Auckland, New Zealand

Re: staff

I notice that audio file is now missing, is there a reason it was taken down?

2023/9/7 3:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother,

I have fixed the link it is working now.

2023/9/7 10:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy