SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is the rapture and what happens before the rapture

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
PosterThread
budgie

What is the rapture and what happens before the rapture

A biblical study

For those that study Doctrine with scripture

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

What happens before the rapture

Jesus descends from heaven with a shout
There is the voice of an Archangel declaring
There is the Trumpet of God
There is the Resurrection of the dead in Christ
There is the immortal change of those alive in Christ
THEN there is the Rapture

The Rapture is the action of being seized; the rapture word is only used 13 times in the NT as shown below
Matt 11:12 the violent rapture the kingdom of heaven
Mat_13:19 The wicked One raptures the word that was sown in a mans
Joh_6:15 The people decided to rapture Jesus to make him king
Joh_10:12 The wolf raptures the sheep
Joh_10:28 No one shall rapture us out of gods hand
Joh_10:29 No one shall rapture us out of gods hand
Act_8:39 Philip was raptured away from the eunuch to another place
Act_23:10 soldiers tried to rapture Paul to take him to the castle
2Co_12:2 Paul speaking of a man raptured to the third heaven
2Co_12:4 Paul speaking of a man raptured to the third heaven
1Th_4:17 believers raptured after Ressurection
Jud_1:23 saving others by rapturing them out of the fire
Rev_12:5 Jesus raptured to the throne of God to rule
Biblically speaking Remember what comes before the rapture, it is a worthwhile study to look at all of the verses relating to all of the events before the rapture.

The biggest event is Jesus coming and the Resurrection.

2014/9/11 18:38Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: What is the rapture and what happens before the rapture

There is a mystery.

Once you understand what "Christ in you, the hope of glory" means, your questions about the meaning of rapture will melt like spring snow.

But nobody wants that. They want a Hollywood show with a multi-course dinner to follow up on a cloud.

2014/9/11 22:44Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Tom,

What is your understanding on "Christ in you the hope of glory"?

In Christ: Phillip

2014/9/12 21:27Profile
savannah

Re: What is the rapture and what happens before the rapture

Two simple answers to two simple questions:

Ques. #1)What is the rapture? Answer - A Myth

Ques. #2)What happens before the rapture?

Answer - It is Myth-o-Logically Relativistic

John 6:37-47

2014/9/13 0:26Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Christ in you (Col 2:27)

In short, "Christ in you" means that my destiny is to be conformed completely into the image of Christ. I believe that in a way God has only one son, the anointed carrier of all the righteous character of the Father. So far, we see Jesus as the only demonstration of this. But through His atoning death and resurrection, all men are now welcome to become sons of the Father, stamped with the image of the "firstborn among many brethren."

"To as many as received Him, to them He gives the authority to become His sons."

I do like the picture Jesus painted regarding the kernal of wheat, abiding alone. The kernal remains unchanged until it enters the earth. Then it is buried and no one ever sees that kernal again... until the plant comes up and produces a myriad of kernals that are exactly like the one that was buried. "But if it dies, it brings forth much fruit!" Each kernal now bears the exact image of the original kernal, and so it shall be with us. When Christians are resurrected, they will bear the image of Christ, becoming His body, ruling with a rod of iron, being the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Most of Christendom and mainstream theology have a hard time with this. In a way, they so idolize Jesus that He must always remain is a special class without peers. I understand this, but the word of God seems to be very clear that we who overcome and are resurrected into glory will be just like Him.

Jesus said "I go to prepare a place for you, that where I am ye may be also." For most, it just means they get to live in a mansion in Jesus' fancy gated community. I see this as His invitation to the disciples, and by extension to me as well, that we will be in the same place of intimacy and authority as Jesus is. The head and the body flow together to comprise that one son beloved of the Father.

I hope that is clear, that "Christ in you" is a glorious hope imbedded by the Holy Spirit into those who seek Him with a whole heart.

This also is, in my opinion, The Rapture. But my eager anticipation is not a trip into the sky, rather a completing of what I have already received with my baptism in the Holy Spirit. I have a Passover experience in my new birth, a "first fruits" experience in the Holy Spirit baptism, and I await a Tabernacles experience where I will receive incorruptible eternal life in the image of Jesus Christ.

It is my belief, and I am certainly open to correction on this, that once I am "raptured" into His image I will be a part of the army of Psalm 149 driving Satan and his minions completely off the earth. In Romans 8 Paul lays out the plan for delivering the whole creation into the glorious liberty of the sons of God- another reference to this great deliverence.

My third reference comes from the Lord's prayer which I believe has a prophetic element- Jesus commanding the disciples to pray that the will of God be done in the earth as it is in heaven. Apparently, this is something the Father earnestly desires. Funny how through years of monotonous repetition we don't take it very seriously. I believe Jesus is no less serious today as He was the day He commanded it.

Nothing new or strange here really, the course of a man taken from condemnation under sin to full salvation has long been threaded into the things God has done and placed in His word.

I believe He is even more anxious than we ever could be to see His Son standing in fullness before Him. And His Spirit within me desperately wants to be a part of it all!

I suggest reading and meditating on the Psalm (149) and the latter half of Romans 8. See if God speaks to you in it in a fresh way? Further, Paul in Ephesians and Colossians makes many references to both the mystery of our coming new identity and the consummation of our lives into the Body of Christ. Well worth time and meditation, asking God to open it up in your heart.

2014/9/13 0:51Profile

Re:

"Christ in you, the hope of glory".

This verse speaks to me of the glory that is available in this life if we are really in Christ and He is in us. If we are not glorified, He is not within us yet.

Rapture is in the point of union, when the temple has been cleansed and He is able to take up His place. Others speak of it being nearly so unbearable to their bodies that they ask God to cease otherwise they feel they will die. I imagine it is like being on speed though have never taken any street drugs.

The only thing that stops it is unbelief. Come unto Me He says.

2014/9/13 2:53
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: The hope of Glory

The baptism in the Spirit is called the Pentecostal experience because it first appeared on Pentecost following Jesus' resurrection. The disciples were instructed to wait for it, and when the day of Pentecost arrived, the fire was lit and the body of Christ came alive.

Pentecost, 50 days after the Passover, was the feast of "first fruits," when the people could have a little taste of the produce coming at the full harvest and the feast of Tabernacles. If the first fruits were good, they became excited at the prospect of the full harvest- they already had a little taste of it.

You can see how God was working in this, how He gives a measure of His goodness to us that we might have substance to our hope for the treasure awaiting us when we all come into final maturity.

Paul said, "not that I have already attained, but I press on to the mark of the high calling..." He knew there was so much more, because he had tasted some really good stuff.

2014/9/13 12:13Profile

Re:

1 Thessalonians 4:17English Standard Version (ESV)

17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.

sounds like a rapture to me,

2014/9/13 16:20
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: The rapture verse

This is the one verse in the bible that suggests the traditional rapture popularized by Darby and Schofield after Margaret McDonald's prophetic utterance in 1830.

It has no corroborating verses and theology, but is being given to the Thessalonians as part of the comfort of the gospel to believers who were grieving over the deaths of their believing loved ones. In those days, there was no perception of the gospel going forth over the succeeding 2000 years- they were of a mind that the return of Christ was very imminent. They thought they were missing something.

The verse is intended to comfort these fairly new converts with simple assurance that at the last trump they would be joined both to their Savior and their loved ones. It is not intended to countermand the teaching of Jesus in Matthew 25, or even the restoration scenario Paul presents in Romans 8.

My original point is that Jesus is calling and preparing us to be transformed completely away from our current bondage to disease, sin, and death into His perfect likeness- living eternally, spiritually whole, without blemish or any curse. "Be ye perfect as My Father is perfect!"

Once this is a reality, it makes no difference where you are physically- whether the air is chemical or spiritual, whether you are standing on Terra Firma or flying around in the sky. Rather, the best place to be is in the perfect will of the Father, doing whatever He has given you to do. He has promised a new heaven and a new earth. I have no idea how that will work out!

Which brings me back to Psalm 149. That's what I want to see, and truth be told- what I want to do! But I will be most content just being loved as He sees best.

2014/9/13 21:27Profile

Re:

Genesis 5

24 Enoch walked with God, and he was not, for God took him.

old testament rapture.

2014/9/14 8:24

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy