SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : An Appeal to Joel and Victoria Osteen by Michael Brown

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

An Appeal to Joel and Victoria Osteen by Michael Brown

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/in-the-line-of-fire/45340-an-appeal-to-joel-and-victoria-osteen

Pretty solid I think.

2014/9/10 14:22Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: An Appeal to Joel and Victoria Osteen by Michael Brown

Good. But I am curious if these "open letters" ever really get read by the people they are addressed to?

2014/9/10 14:45Profile

i read it. I don't know how effective it will be, but if God led him to write it, he's just following his calling. Dr. Brown seems to be a burning prophetic light in the world today for all those who hold to scripture

2014/9/10 14:54
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Good point KJ but if he doesn't read it it is because he simply refuses not to, much to his loss.

2014/9/10 15:00Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Well, in all fairness to Osteen, he probably won't read it because 1) he will never hear about it and 2) he probably doesn't know who Dr. Michael Brown is and 3) even if he does know who Dr Brown is, they probably don't run in the same cirlces, so... why would he really have reason to care?

Guys like Osteen probably tend to be very insulated. He only knows about things like this if he already has a predefined reason to care, and know about such things.

2014/9/10 15:38Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

well said brother Jimmy, but at the same time we can still pray by miracle that he will read it and God will soften and convict his heart, perhaps even realize he is preaching a false gospel or a false convert himself. These are serious matters and God is able to change anyone.

May we never become set in our ways that we would walk away from God and from the true gospel and not heed warnings.

2014/9/10 16:30Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

We would probably have a revival tomorrow if Osteen got on TV and said he's been wrong about a lot of things... so, we can definitely pray

2014/9/10 19:37Profile
Sree

Re:

People like Joel are not governed by God but by board of people who govern his Church activities. They want to please as much people as possible in their message so that they can earn more. It is all business, the same business that Jesus chased out of God's temple with a whip. Now to Joel to come out of it will be to lose all the income that the board makes, he will not be allowed to do it.

First of all I have heard him in an interview that he had no understanding of Sin during his early Church service and he recently started learing about sin. To me if a person has no conviction of Sin then he is not born again. How can an unconverted person like him be a minister? The momement he understood the reality he should have quit the ministry. But he was casually saying that he is learning. Which means he is unwilling to lose all the fame and money.

The video that became viral is a clear reflection of their man centered Gospel. Their mistake is not just to preach it but to embrace it in their own personal life. This only got reflected in that message. He has to pay a huge price to come out of this mess and embrace the true God centered Gospel. But I doubt he is willing and even if he is the board will not let him do that.

2014/9/11 2:16Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Whats the point of putting a letter to a couple in public format? Why not just write an article lambasting them for their unbiblical comments?

Does it make it appear more biblically correct that you are coming to them directly by making the 'letter' to them, so you are not gossiping or slandering them, and expressing that 'I write as a friend wanting to help, not an enemy wanting to hurt, and everything I write, I write out of love for God, love for you, and love for the church and the world?'

And then in then go on to correct them in a nationally syndicated Christian magazine.

Does anyone else think that this is a little odd?

2014/9/11 2:51Profile
Sree

Re:

I find so many things odd with this letter. I did not read it completely but based on what I read the writter wants them to preach the full Gospel to their Church. He also acknowledges that what they preach is a man centered gospel. The point addressed here is what is being preached. Instead the point to address is their personal salvation. It is clear from their understanding of Gospel that they are unsaved people. So first warning should be to leave your ministry and run away for your personal salvation. Save yourself first. It is better to enter kingdom of Heaven without a ministry than to enter hell leading your congregation.

How can the writer expect them to preach full Gospel when they have never experienced it? This it self is Odd. Do you think Jermaiah would have written such a letter to the false prophets of his time. A letter in love? As far as I remember he rebuked them that you will die in a year.

2014/9/11 4:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy