SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ministry of Law or Grace

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Ministry of Law or Grace

One way to recognize the difference between the Ministry of Condemnation and the Ministry of Grace can be seen in this section of Scripture...

Act 5:34
Then one in the council stood up, a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law held in respect by all the people, and commanded them to put the apostles outside for a little while.

Act 5:35
And he said to them: “Men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what you intend to do regarding these men.

Act 5:36
“For some time ago Theudas rose up, claiming to be somebody. A number of men, about four hundred, joined him. He was slain, and all who obeyed him were scattered and came to nothing.

Act 5:37
“After this man, Judas of Galilee rose up in the days of the census, and drew away many people after him. He also perished, and all who obeyed him were dispersed.

Act 5:38
“And now I say to you, keep away from these men and let them alone; for if this plan or this work is of men, it will come to nothing;

Act 5:39
“but if it is of God, you cannot overthrow it—lest you even be found to fight against God.”

After the leader is passed, does the ministry continue and increase of does it disappear.

2014/9/8 20:22Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: Ministry of Law or Grace

Heb 10:5
Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:

“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
But a body You have prepared for Me.

Heb 10:6
In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin
You had no pleasure.

Heb 10:7
Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come—
In the volume of the book it is written of Me—
To do Your will, O God.’ ”

From which ministry does grace flow?

2014/9/9 9:31Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

From which ministry does grace flow?

Gal 3:10
For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.”

In the Old Testament we find that there are mentioned curses and blessings. Paul writes in the above Scripture..."as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse"...

Paul also states that the Law of Moses is the ministry of condemnation.

2Co 3:9
For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory.

Why does Scripture say one is cursed if one does the works of the Law?

2014/9/10 12:37Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Jeff,

We deleted the other thread you started. We are asking that posts not be done on repeated subjects such as you have been doing still over the New Covenant thread. We are not here on SermonIndex to "win" arguments but grow in the Lord, serve others, love others, and learn from others paticuarly the audio sermons. We encourage yourself and others to follow this way and not see it as our job to convince others of our exact position. If we all came together in humility and grace with teachableness it would be surprising I believe how we would all grow. We ask in future posts you can respect these things brother.

We encourage all saints to re-read the community guidelines as we all seek to follow the Lord and serve each other in this community: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44556&forum=13

We are locking this thread.

2014/9/10 13:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy