Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : A Good Prayer To Pray

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 A Good Prayer To Pray

Protect and deliver us from evil, we earnestly pray. Give us the confidence that more are they that are with us, than they that are with them. That greater are You within us then any evil one who is in our world. Use us to rescue those who are in the enemy's grip; to snatch them from the fire.

Most Holy Father, we ask that Your kingdom come, Your will be done here on earth as it is done there, in Heaven. Shine Your Light into the deep recesses of our world where the enemy seems to rule: the gulags, killing fields, prisons, religious institutions, covens, brothels, and places too terrible to name. Reveal to us how to resist and overcome evil. Help us to strengthen others to stand with us, shoulder to shoulder against evil.

Suggestion: Read Ephesians 6:10-18

O Lord,
I bless thee that the issue of the battle
between thyself and Satan
Has never been uncertain
And will end in victory.
Calvary broke the dragon’s head,
And I contend with a vanquished foe,
Who with all his subtlety and strength
has already been overcome.
When I feel the serpent at my heel
May I remember Him whose heel was bruised,
But who, when bruised, broke the devil’s head.

My soul with inward joy extols the mighty Conqueror.

Heal me of any wounds received in the great conflict;
If I have gathered defilement,
If my faith has suffered damage,
If my hope is less than bright,
If my love is not fervent,
If some creature-comfort occupies my heart,
If my soul sinks under pressure of the fight.

O thou whose every promise is balm, every touch life,
Draw near to thy weary warrior,
Refresh me, that I may rise again to wage the strife,
and never tire until my enemy is trodden down.

Give me such fellowship with thee
that I may defy Satan, unbelief, the flesh, the world,
With delight that comes not from a creature, and which a creature cannot mar.
Give me a draught of the eternal fountain
that lieth in thy immutable, everlasting love and decree.

Then shall my hand never weaken,
My feet never stumble,
My sword never rest,
My shield never rust,
My helmet never shatter,
My breastplate never fall,
As my strength rests in the power of Thy might.*
Amen.

I boldly ask in Jesus' name.

INTERCESSION FOR THE EXALTATION OF JESUS

Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
We pray that Your Son would be exalted first, within our own hearts, then in our own families, churches and nation. Jesus promised that when He is lifted up, He will draw all people to Himself. We boldly ask that You do whatever it takes to compel Your people to present the Gospel without compromise. Turn the hearts of Your people back to worship and magnify Him, so that as the world observes us, they will be drawn to Him. Use the problems, pressures and pain; the trials, trouble and trauma we experience as a showcase for His glory, so that when others see our love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, meekness, and self-control they will know they are seeing Jesus in us, and want to know Him, too.

O Lord God,
Thou hast commanded me to believe in Jesus,
And I would flee to no other refuge,
Wash in no other fountain,
Build on no other foundation,
Receive from no other fullness,
Rest in no other relief.

His water and blood were not severed in their flow at the Cross,
May they never be separated in my creed and experiences.
May I be equally convinced of the guilt and pollution of sin,
Feel my need of a prince and savior,
Implore of him repentance as well as forgiveness,
Love holiness,
Be pure in heart,
Have the mind of Jesus,
And tread in his steps.
…I rejoice that I am under the care of one who is too wise to err,
too kind to injure,
too tender to crush.*

May we, Your people, be bold to speak the strong and mighty name of Jesus, follow His example, and share in His sufferings. Raise up a Body of believers to be a beacon of His Light, a herald of His Good News, a demonstration of His love, a trumpeter of His truth, a healer of hurting hearts offering His comfort, and an ambassador of His peace. May we be the salt and light You commanded us to be. Purify us. Make us ready as a glorious Bride, without spot or blemish, to greet our Bridegroom without being ashamed when He comes. And use us to announce the Hope of His coming. May we not waste a moment in inviting all to live with You forever, clearly explaining to them how to get right with You at the Cross.

INTERCESSION FOR AN OUTPOURING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you and His glory appears over you… Isaiah 60:1-2

O God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, we long for Your glory to rise upon Your people. You are the same One to whom Elijah called on Mount Carmel. Elijah obeyed You when he confronted the evil of his day. He depended upon You when he confronted wicked King Ahab and the priests of Baal, built the altar, then soaked it in water. He expected You to honor his obedience and dependence when he publicly called down fire from Heaven. And the fire fell! O God of Elijah! Do it again! You are the Great I AM, the One who is the same yesterday as You are today, and forever will be.

We are asking You for an outpouring of Your Spirit on us, our families, our churches and our nation.
Send down Your Spirit in Pentecostal fullness!
Captivate us by Your love!
Rend our hearts with deep conviction and sorrow for our sin!
Revive our hearts, filling us with abundant life!
Ignite our hearts with a pure and holy passion to love You and to live our lives for You, and Your glory, alone!
Then use us to bring revival to the hearts of Your people!
And use us, the revived Church, as a messenger of salvation for those who are coming under Your judgement.

We are asking You to saturate us in Your holiness, purity, righteousness, justice, power, mercy, grace, truth and love.
Saturate us in Yourself.
We are asking You to revive the confidence of our faith and the authenticity of our personal relationship with You.
We are asking for one more great spiritual awakening before Jesus returns.
O Lord God, we have been obedient. We have been dependent. Now let the Fire of the Holy Spirit fall!

2014/9/6 11:29Profile
romanchog

Re: A Good Prayer To Pray

AMEN AND AMEN!!!

Thank you for this, brother Greg.

2014/9/6 13:59Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Amen!

2014/9/6 14:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net