Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ken Ham's comments about aliens

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
SteveHale

NSW Australia

Re:

Greg is right in what he says. There is a dark deception coming that will deceive the very elect. The fact is deceiving spirits can come in any form that they wish. One of which is in the form of aliens that "want to help us".

2014/9/4 20:13Profile
Man0fG0d

Re:

Thanks for the reply bro Noah. I understand that the Bible was translated from Greek and Hebrew. So when we read the Bible we are reading what it says in Greek and Hebrew. It's been translated already so what sense does it make to say "this word means this in Hebrew." When we can clearly read the Bible see what it says ourselves?

How did we get the word of God?

2 Peter 1:20-21 KJV
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. [21] For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

So what we read is only what spoken by the Holy men of old as the Holy Ghost moved upon them. It says its of no private interpretation that means what we read is perfect, and that the Word of God is perfect and exactly as God intended it to be.

Do you believe that the Word of God is perfect, and infallible?

The Bible says man shall not live by bread alone but by every Word of God.

When Jesus and apostles preached they did not quote dictionaries, or history books, they always said "it is written."

The Bible says study to shew thyself approved unto God. Jesus said search the Scriptures. That means the only thing God approves of is His Word. If we had to know History, or Jewish customs in order to make it Heaven, none of us would go. But we don't need these things to understand the Bible. The Bible means what it says and says what it means. To try and substitute words in the Bible and say it wasn't translated right shows a lack of faith in the Author.

----------

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I got caught up in business. Thanks again.

2014/9/4 20:31Profile

Re:

I do believe the Bible is inspired, infallible, and inerrant. But most authorities will qualify that with "as originally written in the original languages"

that is because greek and hebrew don't have a one-to-one, word-for-word, translation into English, or into any language its translated into.

So in one sense no, I do not believe its "perfect" in any one single English translation.

It IS perfect as originally written though. And we have almost perfect copies in the original languages, though with some differences between manuscripts. But even reading the original languages Christians have still had disputes, calvinism/arminianism, eschatology, etc. But the Holy Spirit has no dispute. Mature Christians don't argue over things like that. I don't see Brother Yun arguing, just saving souls.

2014/9/4 21:11
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Greg,

I don't believe in aliens , but I have seen a couple unexplainable things in my life, and many people I know have seen some things like that. As is typical with these things they leave us confused and/or fearful - which is exactly what the enemy would want, because a belief in aliens or other unbiblical supernatural superstitions taken to there furthest extent breeds a rejection of truth at the worst or a clouding of it at the least. And I believe a few, not all, of certain accounts like those regarding UFOs or ghosts are deception on the part of the enemy. I didn't know that there were other people who thought like that...lol.

2014/9/4 22:13Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

If UFOs represent demonic activity, why UFOs? I mean why are they posing as big-headed grey aliens in spaceships?

I used to feel pretty strongly that this activity was meant to pave the way for an explanation when the rapture occurred- i.e aliens did it- not God. My eschatology has changed so I don't think that anymore.

If aliens (or something like it) DO exist, I don't necessarily believe they are extraterrestrial in origin, but not necessarily demonic either. But they certainly could be. Just not sure why a demon would use a flying saucer.

I really think, though, that the odds that there is at least some simple life form elsewhere in the universe is exceedingly high- not because of spontaneous generation or evolution but because God placed it there.

I think we have to allow for some mystery in creation. Dark matter and dark energy is still very much a mystery but it makes up the great majority of the universe. But the bible is silent about this. There is good science that holds there are alternative universes. Then we have wormholes and black holes other phenomenon. What if ghosts aren't departed spirits but rather an anomalous "replay" of past events? There are many strange things in the world that have happened and continue to happen. We still have a lot to learn, and fitting these things into a Biblical world view may be difficult but should be attempted. We can't blame every strange thing that happens on demons.

2014/9/5 6:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy