SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Phil Robertson on Isis and the Gospel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Ah, ok :-)

2014/9/8 15:50Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

I post this with the only intent to give comentary on "turn the other cheek" and "give your enemy your coat."

This ia an example of "turn the other cheek and give your enemy your coat.

Gen 26:17
Then Isaac departed from there and pitched his tent in the Valley of Gerar, and dwelt there.

Gen 26:18
And Isaac dug again the wells of water which they had dug in the days of Abraham his father, for the Philistines had stopped them up after the death of Abraham. He called them by the names which his father had called them.

Gen 26:19
Also Isaac’s servants dug in the valley, and found a well of running water there.

Gen 26:20
But the herdsmen of Gerar quarreled with Isaac’s herdsmen, saying, “The water is ours.” So he called the name of the well Esek,fn because they quarreled with him.

Gen 26:21
Then they dug another well, and they quarreled over that one also. So he called its name Sitnah.fn

Gen 26:22
And he moved from there and dug another well, and they did not quarrel over it. So he called its name Rehoboth,fn because he said, “For now the LORD has made room for us, and we shall be fruitful in the land.”

Gen 26:23
Then he went up from there to Beersheba.

Gen 26:24
And the LORD appeared to him the same night and said, “I am the God of your father Abraham; do not fear, for I am with you. I will bless you and multiply your descendants for My servant Abraham’s sake.”

Gen 26:25
So he built an altar there and called on the name of the LORD, and he pitched his tent there; and there Isaac’s servants dug a well.

Gen 26:26
Then Abimelech came to him from Gerar with Ahuzzath, one of his friends, and Phichol the commander of his army.

Gen 26:27
And Isaac said to them, “Why have you come to me, since you hate me and have sent me away from you?”

Gen 26:28
But they said, “We have certainly seen that the LORD is with you. So we said, ‘Let there now be an oath between us, between you and us; and let us make a covenant with you,

Gen 26:29
‘that you will do us no harm, since we have not touched you, and since we have done nothing to you but good and have sent you away in peace. You are now the blessed of the LORD.’ ”

Pro 16:7
When a man's ways please the LORD,
He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

No other questions, only posting of Scripture.

2014/9/11 13:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy