SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What Does This Word Mean to You?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Dietrich Bonhoffer said that when Jesus bids a man to come to Him. He bids him to come and die. In other words to practice gellassenheit.

The believers in N. Korea say that they are already dead after coming to Christ. They are willing to risk all in following Christ in that dark country.

The Anabaptists were willing to risk everything in following Christ in renouncing infant baptism. They would not have their infants baptized. Also they were baptized as adults upon confessing Christ. This under threat of imprisonment and death.
This was gellassenheit. This was total surrender to the will of Christ. Even into death.

To say that Anabstism was merely a reaction to the theology of the Reformers is simplistic. It was more. Anabaptist were believers who loved the truth if Jesus Christ. They were willing to live it our and die for it. This was total surrender. This was gellassenheit. 

Brethren what are we willing to die for. And I speak to my self here. Am I willing to die for Christ to see souls come to Him. Am I totally surrendered to Him.

Those in ISIS under demonic control are willing to die to advance their evil agenda.

Am I willing to die to advance His Great Commission. Sobering thoughts to think about.

Bear

2014/9/4 18:33

Re:

Oops. Double Post.

2014/9/4 18:33

Re:

Gelassenheit is a German word. The meaning changed over time. The original meaning was to surrender to God.
Here are some interesting comments I found about surrender:
The goal of the Christian life can be summed up by Galatians 2:20: "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Such a life of surrender is pleasing to God, results in the greatest human fulfillment, and will reap ultimate rewards in heaven (Luke 6:22-23).
http://www.gotquestions.org/surrender-to-God.htm

this is what Paul means when he talks about giving ourselves to God as a living sacrifice:
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Rom. 12:1-2)What is being described here is not the surrender of a situation or a circumstance. No. It is the surrender of the PERSON http://www.goodnewsarticles.com/Apr07-2.htm

This is also an interesting article :
http://www.discipleshiptools.org/apps/articles/default.asp?articleid=37283&columnid=

2014/9/5 3:33

Re:

Brother thank you for your Christ centered post. Your thoughts resonate on my spirit.

Bear.

2014/9/5 8:15

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy