SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is John MacArthur Right?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Two Interesting Passages of Scripture

Gen.16:11-12
The angel of the Lord said to her further,

Behold you are with child,
And you will have a son;
And you will call his name Ishmael,
Because the Lord has given heed to your affliction.
And he will be a wild donkey of a man,
His hand will be against everyone,
And everyone`s and will be against him;
And he will live to the east of his brothers.

Thoughts brethren?

Bear

2014/9/3 8:30
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

In talking about the rise of Islam and their persecution of Christians...one sees this severity as a phenomenon of recent origins. True, they would kill if one of their own abandoned Islam but to target other Believers for persecution? Not on the scale we are seeing today.

As I was thinking about this, I am wondering if this persecution is not in direct proportion the number of Muslim peoples coming to the LORD. It was not all that long ago where it was considered almost a waste of resources to send missionaries to the Muslims because of their rejection of the Gospel. Today there are many reports of Muslims coming to the LORD - this was totally unheard of as recent as 25(?) years ago. Seems to me like the devil is in a rage and he is growling and pursuing the people that carry the name of his arch-enemy.

Yes, as I look back at how communism frightened people with their atrocities it makes them look like a bunch of some naughty Sunday School boys when compared with radical Islam.

But I cringe when I consider the killing of people via beheading - I helped mom kill lots of chickens by chopping off their heads - an ugly sight if there is one. Makes me shiver when I consider it being done to humans.

God help us all.

2014/9/3 10:59Profile

Re:

Ginnyrose your observation is valid. The intense persecution of Christians by Moslems may be in direct proportion to the many thousands who are turning to Christ.

Bear

2014/9/3 11:48

Re:

And what of Rev.16:12,

The sixth angel poured out his bowl the great river, the Euphrates; and all its water was dried up, so that this way would be prepared for the kings of the east.

There are those who hold that the kings of the east are Red China. But there are certainly Islamic nations that are to the east of the Euphrates River. Again could this be a reference that the kings of the East will be Islamic nations who are bent on slaughtering Jews and Christians.

Given the fact that Muslims are leading the persecution of Christians one must wonder?

Bearmaster

2014/9/3 13:19
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: I took a look at that clip you posted. Interesting, but lacks credibility to me.

Okay here is some thats speaks Arabic, explaining it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtquNNEO7Fw

2014/9/3 18:32Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

The significance of the word "antichrist" is that it can mean not only "against Christ," but "instead of Christ."

With that in mind, the antichrist we ought to be more concerned about is not the one who is openly against Christ, but the one who, while presenting himself in the name of Christ, is a deceiver.

"For many shall come in My name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many" (Matthew 24:5).

2014/9/3 23:34Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy