SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is John MacArthur Right?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Is John MacArthur Right?

I was doing some Google research on the rise of Islam and it's connection to end time events. Since the rise of the Islamic State and it's brutality of Christians I have wondered if the Antichrist could be a Moslem.

I was surprised to see messages by John MacArthur that seem to indicate he supports the idea of the Antichrist being a Moslem. If I have listened correctly he indicates the Antichriat will be the Mahdi.

Normally I would probably ignore this. But this is a respected Calvinistic Bible teacher. Not an over the top prophesy nut one sees on the internet.

Can MacArthur be right?

Bearnaster

2014/8/31 20:38

Re: Is John MacArthur Right?

no...the muslims are children.

where is the real Babylon?

2014/8/31 21:44
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

If you compare the shiite Islamic prophecy about the mahdi, then compare the bible prophecy about the anti christ...

A summary of it...

He will be a descendant of Muhammad and will bear Muhammad’s name
He will be a very devout Muslim.
He will be an unparalleled spiritual, political and military world leader.
He will emerge after a period of great turmoil and suffering upon the earth.
He will establish justice and righteousness throughout the world and eradicate tyranny and oppression.
He will be the Caliph and Imam (vice-regent and leader) of Muslims worldwide
He will lead a world revolution and establish a new world order.
He will lead military action against all those who oppose him.
He will invade many countries.
He will make a seven year peace treaty with a Jew of priestly lineage.
He will conquer Israel for Islam and lead the “faithful Muslims” in a final slaughter/battle against Jews.
He will establish the new Islamic world headquarters from Jerusalem.
He will rule for seven years.
He will cause Islam to be the only religion practiced on the earth.
He will appear riding a white horse.
He will discover some previously undiscovered biblical manuscripts that he will use to argue with the Jews and cause some Jews to convert to Islam.
He will also re-discover the Ark of the Covenant from the Sea of Galilee, which he will bring to Jerusalem.
He will have supernatural power from Allah over the wind and the rain and crops.
He will posses and distribute enormous amounts of wealth.
He will be loved by all the people of the earth

2014/8/31 22:00Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Bear was it you that put up a prophecy about Nautilus type machines guillotines.

Take a look at the machine Iran has developed... a machine that chops of people fingers...

Quote: The Iranian regime unveiled a machine last year terrifying device Iran uses to chop off fingers. The device looks like something devised for a grisly horror movie operates as a circular saw that guillotines prisoners fingers.

http://www.ncr-iran.org/en/news/human-rights/17059-iran-human-rights-prisoner-s-four-fingers-amputated-in-public

*Edit to add Quote

2014/8/31 22:04Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: where is the real Babylon?

Babylon the Great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4hh0Zxn5Xg

2014/9/1 0:33Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

I too have been looking into this in recent days.

I have started reading the book by Joel Richardson called 'Mideast Beast' where he expounds his view that the anti Christ and the beast empire of the last days will a revised Islamic Caliphate and not the traditionally held view of Rome and Europe. Same view as Walid Soebat.

I am only 25% into the book, but so far he makes some interesting points. Not sure I am totally convinced by all his arguments, but still interesting. You can see his web site here... http://www.joelstrumpet.com/

Maybe it could be both a Western/European world order in league with or taken over by an Islamic Caliphate. Maybe they will do the butchering of all that oppose. They could be the religious power behind the political order??
One to watch in all this is Turkey and their President Erdogan. My thoughts.

2014/9/1 4:53Profile
brothagary

Re:

Yea walid shoebat teaching was very interesting . A mid eastern mindset and interpretation ,was more convincing for me ,,if Any one has not watched walid sheobats you tube videos ,it is worth watching ,i only just came across him on you tube about a month ago

2014/9/1 5:55Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

bear,

Did you read Frank's thread on, "A possible scenario for end times?" Here is the link https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=53072&forum=35

There was a lot of good information in that thread, it's worth sitting down for a while while having your coffee or tea and reading through it!!

God bless,
Lisa

2014/9/1 11:15Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
hezwelling wrote:
where is the real Babylon?

America?

2014/9/1 11:15Profile

Re: