Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Peace

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

David,
You make some very good points. Perhaps we should think of the forum as a large home group but with lots of quiet people saying nothing:). When a person begins to dominate a discussion that is a good sign that they are not letting the Holy Spirit control the "gathering" and it has become more about "them" rather than what The Lord wants to say through the whole group.

From time to time we see people extremely active and commenting a lot, with long essays on lots and lots of posts. This is very unhealthy imho, first because of the amount of time they are spending in the forum which can lead to an obsession...it's always good when that happens to take a little break for a week or two? Secondly there is the danger of them dominating and shutting down those who can't write long theological discourses (or rather cut and paste them)...and because others don't have the time to read such long winded responses.

2014/9/1 12:21
brothagary

Re:

Hi mark you must have missed my point in saying that .

All i was saying is that Brenda was saying it is wrong for people to point out the wrongs about George fox and sinless perfections teaching ,and that it should not be done , but at that same time it seems it is OK for her to point out the what shes sees as wrong about reformed and carasmatic teaching and the gift of toungs ect ..

I agree with you we should feel free to able to speak out about perceived bad teaching .

I think because the site has a wide range of teachings we will come across this problem a fair bit ,im not sure i even no what Greg would consider bad teachings.
Even the moderators would probable disagree ..

FOR instance if i remember rightly Paul west posted against sinless perfection doctrine ,but i think Greg as no issues with that theaching

There is a thread active that Greg started about the heresy's of rob bell ,but the thread is aloud to roll on wile one brother propounds the idea that the bible teaches that pagan idolaters can make it to heaven with out faith in Jesus and repentance to wards the god of Abraham Isac and Jacob ,they just need to follow the light of there conscience .

In my opinion the moderators need to be fast to draw the line in threads like that to show what sermon index doesnt endorse ,other wise they are sending out the idea that liberal teaching can be expounded in this forum .

I've seen Greg do that in some threads about eternal hell ,and i applaud him for his strictness ..

I dont think your rambling mark ,i pray that sermon index will make a clear sound with the trumpet

blessings

2014/9/1 18:30Profile

Re:

Gary

I have nothing against people disagreeing about doctrine. My point is when they start calling others heretics and l am pretty sure you know what l mean. The fact is that there are many verses in scripture that can be interpreted in more ways than one and a case made for varying theologies. This site tolerates a number of theologies so we should allow discussion on them all otherwise you should join a forum that espouses just one, if you cannot be tolerant.

2014/9/1 18:57
rookie

Re:

Brother Gregg wrote:

"Another thing to remind saints especially older saints is to come to the forums in a spirit of humility to learn and grow and encourage and not to teach. This is not a platform for you to teach many people but rather to encourage and grow with others."

I believe you are point me out as the one who has upset the moderators, based on what you wrote when stopping the two threads that I was participating on.

From what I read, there are two or three issues that the moderators have with my participation.

First, I hear that you view my participation as a platform to teach. This is true. I view my participation as a street preacher.

You see in this thread, there is a complaint about disturbing the peace among the brethren. As moderators, a ministry of this nature, one must expect that there will be division. Because many come to this sight and find one teaching or another which is in support of one man's teachings or another man's teaching. This type of ministry will always have division because the Scripture say so...

1Co 3:2
I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;

1Co 3:3
for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?

1Co 3:4
For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal?

1Co 3:5
Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?

1Co 3:6
I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.

1Co 3:7
So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.

So if according to Scripture, division is predictable, what is the solution?

(ps) I also hear that you find objection to my using questions to bring clarity to the topic. So I must also ask another question...sorry.

Why do you find my way of teaching troubling?

In Christ
Jeff

2014/9/2 10:12Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
rookie ...You see in this thread, there is a complaint about disturbing the peace among the brethren. As moderators, a ministry of this nature, one must expect that there will be division. Because many come to this sight and find one teaching or another which is in support of one man's teachings or another man's teaching. This type of ministry will always have division because the Scripture say so...

Brother Jeff, lets not read more into what I meant, maybe I should take this opportunity to clear up what my thoughts were. Jeff, it's the "tone" of some of the responses, not the content, as Christians we will disagree on many meanings of scripture, and will also disagree on different religions and pastors. Here's an example, my brother come to Christ at a Jimmy Swaggart revival, I don't know a lot about him, but my brother loved him and would flip out if I were to say anything negative about him, what did I do? I let it be, I just thank God my brother come to Christ. Do I support Jimmy Swaggarts ministries or watch or listen to him? no. Unless I read, listened or knew a lot about Jimmy Swaggart, how could I give a personal opinion on hearsay? I truly believe a lot of folks judge on hearsay, they don't take the time to research, listen and most of all forgive if a brother is in error.

I have said this many times here before, and it's still rings true, if not read the forums, my old Baptist Pastor use to tell us "You have never been beat up, until your have been beat up by a Christian" we would all have to be deaf and blind not to somewhat agree. Maybe it's just me, maybe I need to develop a thicker skin to come into the forums on SI, but should I really have the need? We are Christians, "followers of Christ" from some of the disagreements I have personally read here, if these folks are considered "followers of Christ" with their tone, maybe I am following a different Christ.

Look, it's become a drama filled world, with the likes of facebook "that I am not on" and many other different social type places. Some folks like drama, trust me I know, I have a sister that drama makes her tick, I am different, I am an optimist, very positive, very resilient person with a little humorous side. I don't expect the world to be like me, God made us all different, but I do believe that drama is from the devil himself, some folks don't just enjoy drama, they thrive on it, this is a fact, and if you don't think so, well that just makes the devil happier. I think these scriptures speak to the drama in life.

Galatians 5:15
But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by one another.

Philippians 3:16
Only let us hold true to what we have attained.

Galatians 5:16-17
But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.

The reason I brought up the drama things is, drama can grab you unnoticed, and take you to places you normally would not go. It can make folks say and do things that go against their beliefs, it can snatch you up into it's wicked palms, and turn your joy into madness in seconds. I can say this because I have witnessed it in many folks, family, co workers, Church members, etc. I am not saying drama is responsible for every heated disagreement here, lets just make sure as we post to not let our passion, get taken over by drama. As I said drama can sometimes go unnoticed, and this is why I believe what Brother Greg has said many, many times here, and maybe there should be a friendly reminder at the top of the forums, "PLEASE BROTHERS AND SISTERS PRAY BEFORE YOU POST" right above "Recent Discussions in the Forums".

God Bless!

2014/9/2 12:04Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Hi Jeff, don't think you are being singled out in anything that's happened in the past. Greg and the other moderators care about the people who come here. You are precious to us all so don't think you are the problem, hehe.
Take those suspicious thoughts and cast them aside.

Also you would be surprised at the amount of people who feel they are a problem, it's human nature for us to be like that.

The Bible hasn't got great things to say about being suspicious as it tends to be something the enemy can use against us. You are precious in the sight of the Lord.

2014/9/2 13:02Profile
rookie

Re:

Thank you Brother David for your encouragement.

And Brother Bill...

Yes there is a lot of drama in life. My point was not to say that there will always be division and get over it. It was my intention to point out that we should expect that there will always be division because Sermonindex reaches out to those who are saved and those who might be saved. And so this is a burden which will always be present due to the nature of the ministry.

Solomon wrote...

Ecc 1:18
For in much wisdom is much grief,
And he who increases knowledge increases sorrow

Just think of what Jesus thought when he walked on earth. He would have to go out into the wilderness from time to time to share His burden with the Father. The Psalms give us insight into this burden. So we too will experience this burden.

The important thing to recognize is how do we minister to those who have not yet given their burden to Him?

2014/9/2 13:26Profile
rookie

Re:

The place where I have witnessed the peace that is sought in this thread has been when I have gone to the Churches in the Calvary Chapel movement. Many of the origial church plantings of Calvary Chapel became islands of grace in the midst of overwhelming darkness. Blacks, whites, orientals, latinos all could be found worshiping the Lord in unison. Gang bangers hugged white people like me without regard to former lives.

The similarity of all these ministries were based on teaching through the Scriptures, line by line verse by verse. And over the years of this ministry much fruit was produced. I beleive this movement led by Chuck Smith was the last revival that America has truly witnessed in my lifetime.

These were times where the congregation was truly being unified by the work of the Holy Spirit through the teaching of Scripture.

2014/9/3 12:33Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy