SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : regenerated spirit untransformed soul

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
paps

regenerated spirit untransformed soul

been wondering what happens to the spirit of a regenerated man even though his soul is does not become transformed

2014/8/28 16:15Profile

Re: regenerated spirit untransformed soul

Hello paps I hope you don't mind me seeking to answer your question as best as I am able to answer it.

I take it that another way of asking the same question would be can a born again person be eternally saved if they do not produce any evidence of being saved?

Or perhaps put another way it may be the same as asking if there is a distinction between spirit and soul and can that distinction throw any light onto eternity or perhaps can a person spiritually die even if they have been born again?

I feel sure that you may know that no one is going to agree on an answer. Everyone will quote Scripture to defend or else prove their position and everyone who disagrees will produce their own Scriptures to prove why they disagree.

As far as I am concerned that may amount to no more than dead religion.

Having met people who fit into the category you have alluded to over the years I have had to ask the Lord what the answer to this problem is.

I have also learned a lot from being on here as well over the last two years and although I haven't changed my mind about what I have previously believed I do have a few ways of looking at this question which were not available to me before I joined.

Anyway my first approach would be to ask why a person believed themselves to be born again if they have never produced or else demonstrated any of the evidences of a new life. That's not the same as asking whether they have produced spiritual fruit for the last few years or even most of their walk, but have they ever produced any spiritual fruit?

Then I would suggest that fruit in this sense must first be the fruit of confession. Did a person ever really confess Christ as their Lord and Saviour? If so then the question is, was that real? Did that confession really mean an ability and a desire to talk about Jesus, to name Him in your speech with others, were you able to declare that Christ is Lord and truly believe it? Did that confession produce a real hope in Christ Himself?

Fruit which attends to a real conversion must likewise be real fruit. The ability to stop lying, stop coveting, stop lusting, stop stealing, stop blaspheming God and so on. Real conversion must produce real fruit. Real fruit of the mouth and of the heart leading to actions must be real and evident.

Once you have answered those simple questions then you must ask whether you were ever truly converted or not. If you know that you were and there was real evidence of this then you have a basis for answering your own question about that happens to a regenerated spirit even though the man himself is outwardly unchanged.

Can a man's spirit be separated from a man? Can the new life which is a spiritual life, spirit born of Spirit, ever be distinct from the life of the soul in this life? If so does that mean that the spirit can be separated from the soul for eternity?

I have met a few people whilst preaching who were backslidden and I have watched them responding to the gospel in a way that an unbeliever is not generally able to respond. When I have spoken to them thinking that they were in fact unbelievers and that they were coming under conviction of sin for the first time, I have discovered men who were deeply unhappy about their condition. I have seen the evidence of Christ in them and heard many explanations of how men have come to such a sad condition. It has been the name of Jesus in that moment of hearing the gospel being preached that has served to bring to their remembrance their former love for the Lord and thereby they have seen their true condition. I have asked myself the question in these moments whether this person was still saved. Which is where you question may lie!

Only the Lord Himself can give you the answer you are seeking. It is to Jesus that you must take your question and not to men. Otherwise you will receive dead religion and dead doctrine which will serve to either harden your heart or it will serve to deceive you.

I have met men who have stumbled for many years and then come back to an obedience of simplicity, rediscovering the wonderful and unfathomable grace and mercy of God in their old age. Does that mean that they would have suffered destruction if they had not repented of years of idleness and sin? Does it mean that their regenerated spirit's, which cannot die, would have tasted the second death? Or does that mean that their spirit's would have returned to God and their souls to darkness and eternal death?

Such questions belong to God and not men.

2014/8/28 17:17
brothagary

Re:

lol. I love to hear you answer a few of those questions you asked Andrew ,,but as you said many will disagree with each other . I have a suspicion that you have been given the answers to most of those questions

2014/8/29 0:24Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Paps, what do you mean by that?

2014/8/29 10:36Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: regenerated spirit untransformed soul

Quote: been wondering what happens to the spirit of a regenerated man even though his soul is does not become transformed.

What about calling the Soul --- the heart...

In the bible, you can clearly see that the heart is described as the Mind will and emotions --- which is the soul...

Now at this moment in time I would say as per the bible, that my Spirit is born again, but my heart is not right because of the sin I see in it... But at the same time you could say that most, if not all Christians alive today are the exact same as myself... Now because of that 'sin that remains' we don't really walk in the true power of God moment by moment as we ought to.. (Although many would claim they do)..

My two cents

My two cents worth..

2014/8/29 17:22Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """Now at this moment in time I would say as per the bible, that my Spirit is born again, but my heart is not right because of the sin I see in it... But at the same time you could say that most, if not all Christians alive today are the exact same as myself... Now because of that 'sin that remains' we don't really walk in the true power of God moment by moment as we ought to.. (Although many would claim they do).."""

Sounds like Paul in Rom 7.

Romans 7:18-25 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

What? Is, "warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members." The soul against the flesh.

If my spirit is now the, "Spirit of Christ in you the hope of glory", The Spirit overwhelms the soul/mind that wants to delight in the law of God after the inward man. The law of sin which in in my members, brings me into captivity and sin is accomplished in the flesh. The mind will and emotions warring against this law of sin by the power of the Spirit of Christ that is in me, is the only One "who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."

Praise God it is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me. Galatians 2:19-21 For I through the law am dead to the law, ("it slew me")that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is this marvelous Grace of God by faith of and in Jesus Christ that sets us free.

Ephesians 2:11-14 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

I was a unbeliever without Christ, But now in Christ I am made ready for God's House, by the Blood of Christ and His Spirit in me the Hope of Glory. By Christ in me He has made both One new man, not two aliens by One New Man in Christ.

Ephesians 2:4-9 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

God separates soul/mind and Spirit from the flesh;

Hebrews 4:12-16 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

In Christ: Phillip

2014/9/1 4:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy