SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Beautiful?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Beautiful?

Cancer, affliction, burden, victim. These are not words I would describe for myself or for my son. I simply feel sad for those who would see things in such a light, or to be more correct, darkness.

I have testified many times as to my struggle in the first three days of my son's life and then God came and spoke to me in a manner of such clarity that I have not had since. He said " I have given you a perfect gift from the treasures of heaven."

Now, who would I listen to? The council of the ill-informed or the Lord? God has richly blessed my family and every single person that Daniel has ever came in contact with. No, this extra chromozone that Daniel has does not allow him to see any child in the same light as a cancer or a burden. He has better eyes than most when it comes to spiritual things, oh that more of the world would see the world as Daniel sees it. My prayers are for Ginnyrose, what a sad commentary............bro Frank

2014/9/1 19:26

Re:

Brenda writes......

"So Ginnyrose, I believe that it is a good thing to let others know that these people are very special and if I dare say it, are more pure, innocent, loving and without guile than the normal person who has no neurological disability, and in fact the world would be a better place if they were recognised for the gifts they have and what they can teach the 'normal' ones, instead of being locked away and imagined to be burdens because they have different needs and find it so hard to cope because of the way society has been set up which often prevents them from becoming independent. Parents of these children see this clearly."

Amen sister..........bro Frank

2014/9/1 19:27

Re:

Thanks Frank.

BonnieJane, it is very sad indeed to see people who have been born with disabilities and blindness is especially sad, but the subject of this 'beauty' is not sickness nor physical disability, though of course people like this can be gentle and loving. However they are often 'normal' neurologically apart from the disability.They do also require physical help from others and could not operate generally unless they get it and often are not in a position to offer anything to the world as a rule.

The OP is not about those but is about those who's brains have developed in a different way because of their neurology which is what you find in autism and it is a developmental disorder not an illness or disability as such. In these people you find a lack of social awareness and the need to fit in which brings about 'office politics' and 'street cred' which these people just don't get as these 'normal' activities involve hiding the true self, and having a 'front' or public face, as they remain like young children in that way, and are utterly honest and open in the way that neurologically typical people aren't. They are also incredibly loyal.

This is what gives them their beauty. I am not saying that they are not sinners and need to be saved, as they still need to be in obedience to Christ and accept Him as their saviour, but these people bring something really special into the lives of those who are close to them and it should be recognised that they are not a burden as in the physically handicapped and sick, and even have something to teach the NT's of the world instead of being lumped together with the disabled .

Autistics are also often very intelligent as the brain has grown a lot more connections in the early period of development and therefore have a great deal to offer the world. They do need a lot of special care when young and where their neurological system is still hypersensitive and unfortunately they are often classed as mentally handicapped and put on medications which end up causing damage to the delicate brain and this issue needs to be more understood. Especially now as numbers are multiplying fast some think due to the increase of toxins causing inherited gene mutations to be expressed rather than silenced. I was very fortunate and was not medicated.

The world is missing a huge resource in these people as their ability to lose themselves entirely in an interest, which is sometimes called obsession, means they can be much more productive in the workplace. I think that in the future, we will see more attempts to educate the world about the 'beautiful people'.

2014/9/2 3:20
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Has anyone seen this video of a blind autistic boy sing, "Open The Eyes of my Heart" ?

The beauty that God brings out of such a situation is the fact that God has blessed this boy with a family who loves and cares for him. In turn God uses these precious souls to bless the God given care givers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPTMA7HIIyk

2014/9/2 7:14Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Frank, I am just so sad about these situations and grieve. I always want to fix what is wrong and there is no fixing to be done...feel so helpless....

2014/9/2 16:07Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Fixing

Sandra, your posts fix things you have no way of knowing are broken!

You bring a sweet but powerful credibility to every topic you touch, revealing a relationship with God that inspires.

Thank you, and post away!

2014/9/2 22:47Profile
Jasmine

Re: Beautiful Sidewalk's 1st post

Your post both makes me laugh and weep at the same time AND that is a good thing!

2014/9/3 0:14Profile

Re:

Ginnyrose writes.........

"I guess I sense the victims' families are not being totally honest about this issue and this troubles me more then anything else. It would be refreshing for a parent of such a child to be totally honest about their struggle with this affliction."

Sister, did you ever consider it better not to comment on things you simply have no understanding of? The words you used in your OP for most would be deeply offensive and clumsy. I have been around the special needs community for over 20 years and obviously have a special needs child myself. Your words bear no reality to my own situation nor the majority of people I personally know. Now I do know some folks who simply cannot bear a situation, not neccasarily special needs, and end up being angry at God and walking away and living the rest of their lives in bitterness and devoid of joy and peace. And some hide this better that others, but bitterness , like cancer ( a proper analogy of cancer, not special needs children) always comes to the surface.

My advice sister, do not speak on matters that you have no personal knowledge of. Do not " guess," on these things, it has great potential for uneccasary damage. The last time special needs children were openly connected to sin was back in Salem's day when the children were often killed at birth and the parents burned as witches.......bro Frank

2014/9/3 9:37
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I know, suspect some may feel I was a tad bit harsh, don't blame them really. But I have witnessed my sister-in-law caring for her husband who was a victim of post-polio-syndrome; I saw our daughter-in-law care for a baby born with cleft palate and harelip, severely disfigured, baby crying because his sucking ability was severely impaired... Beautiful? No.

And then there is our son-in-law who has a downs child...does not talk well, have problems finding a school that will do him good....Difficult, very difficult.

Today, my BIL has passed onto his reward - now he is in the realm of absolute Beauty.

Today our grandson has had numerous reconstructive surgeries to fix his mouth, gums, lip and there are more to come. But he does well and is an expert whistler! He cannot understand why this grandma cannot whistle - it is so easy, "you just do it like this..." But I do not have the misshapen mouth he has had.

Reckon God allowed this to remind us how destructive sin is and how it effects ones DNA - all of life is marred.

Thank-you, Sidewalk for your encouraging post. (I may not have said so, but I do appreciate your insights as well.)

Sandra

2014/9/3 10:43Profile

Re:

What I love about the Lord our God is that He makes beauty from the ashes. Now, certainly it takes eyes to see what the Lord can and does do. When our eyes are on the Lord then darkness flees in the light of His beauty and whatever His beauty shines on becomes beautiful. When we look through the eyes of the flesh oftentimes all things are perceived darkly and in this there is no beauty. To praise God in the depths of the dungeon is a glorious thing, more glorious that praising Him on the mountaintops. See the power of God fall upon Paul as He praises God in the midnight hour in the depths of his afflictions. There is a deep spiritual lesson here as we witness Paul praising God and being full of joy where there should be no joy. See the saints down through the centuries praise God in the depths of their situations, even as flames licked around their mortal bodies. Even when we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, God makes us to lie down in green pastures. He prepares a table before us in the presence of our enemies, in their presence mind you, and goodness and mercy and love and joy follow those saints all the days of their lives. What a witness it is to the world to rejoice in God when nothing is going our way and we seem to have all the troubles and the burdens of the world on our shoulders, but of course, if we shall, we lay it upon His shoulders and we cast our cares upon Him and our burdens become light in the beauty and grace of His presence and their is rest for our souls. Paul would rather talk about his infirmities that God be glorified. May God be glorified in our own conversations with each other and the world......bro Frank

2014/9/3 12:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy