SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Under Grace, Not Law

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

we have been crucified with him

Romans 6:1-14, "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace."

Gal 2:19-21, "For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain."

2 Cor. 5:14, "For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again."

2014/8/19 16:02
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re: we have been crucified with him

Thanks for the verses youve shared Tuc

2014/8/19 18:27Profile
Elibeth

Re: Under Grace, Not Law

Bear,
I SO appreciate you bringing up SO important question / subject !

But WHY is it SO important ?

Is it not Detrimental ?
Doesn't Truth / Lie,...cannot DECEPTION from Satan,play a big role in
this ? Isn't heaven / hell at stake ,...just by distorting this,...most important
Word ?

We all remember how Satan used the Word of God,..but twisted it when Jesus came up out of the wilderness....BUT Jesus could not be DECEIVED,or swayed. He was FULL of this Grace and Truth.( He was full of this Drawing power that came from His Fathers mouth. ( Grace )

( He told Satan,..man does not live...( have Life) by bread alone,but by every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God).

Art Katz, in one of his tapes ( I do not remember which one),..said that
" Grace was God Himself.".... Do any of you remember that tape ?

And we know that God is: The Spirit /Word,..He who speaketh,.Breath.

And we know that we cannot come to God except He Draw us.
Remember the strong Spirit of Grace Drawing us to Himself ?...Himself being The Spirit / Word. (God) Did we at some point stop allowing Him to Draw us by Hiis Devine influence upon our hearts,not quite understanding what was going on, that He might uncloth us ,that we might be clothed upon by Him ? Did we continue to grow in this Grace ?

This Grace teaches us,...draws us,by,..NOT a natural power to what The King' way is in the Kingdom.We know we cannot expect to do ' our will' in that Kingdom.He is The King.

Grace is The gift of God,..an enabling power coming from The Lord' Spirit
that He put within us.

The Law was written up for us to read and try as we can,we cannot attain it.

Bro.Bear,..such great Scriptures you shared.
Thank you.

Please,..I submit in all humility,...complete and total.
I speak all of this with much fear.

Grace and peace,
Lovingly,
elizabeth

2014/8/19 20:36Profile
Elibeth

Re:

TMK,

You ask the question,"When you say 'Grace teaches us' what does
that mean?

This is what I see that it means :

Do you remember when The Lord was drawing you to Himself ?
Wasn't it a Devine influence upon your heart ?.....That was The Grace of
God TEACHING us that we need a Savior,....and continuing to teach us,
as Paul say,"What must we DO Lord ?

And don't you think that must be a continual question to The Lord,
"What must we do Lord ?" I believe it was for Paul,...don't you?

Blessings to you,
elizabeth

2014/8/22 19:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy