SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Which Commandments?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
savannah

Re: Matthew 28:18-20

Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus however came near and said to them, "All power in Heaven and over the earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations; baptize them into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit; and teach them to obey every command which I have given you. And remember, I am with you always, day by day, until the Close of the Age."
(1912 Weymouth New Testament)

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. (Matthew 28:18-20 KJV)

Then Jesus came up, and spoke to them thus: "All authority in heaven and on the earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the Faith of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, And teaching them to lay to heart all the commands that I have given you; and, remember, I myself am with you every day until the close of the age." Matthew 28:18-20 Twentieth Century New Testament (TCNT)(1904)

"All that are baptized, are thereby obliged, (1.) To make the command of Christ their rule. There is a law of faith, and we are said to be under the law to Christ; we are by baptism bound, and must obey. (2.) To observe what Christ has commanded. Due obedience to the commands of Christ requires a diligent observation; we are in danger of missing, if we take not good heed: and in all our obedience, we must have an eye to the command, and do what we do as unto the Lord. (3.) To observe all things, that he has commanded, without exception; all the moral duties, and all the instituted ordinances. Our obedience to the laws of Christ is not sincere, if it be not universal; we must stand complete in his whole will. (4.) To confine themselves to the commands of Christ, and as not to diminish from them, so not to add to them. (5.) To learn their duty according to the law of Christ, from those whom he has appointed to be teachers in his school, for therefore we were entered into his school.
2. The duty of the apostles of Christ, and his ministers; and that is, to preach the commands of Christ, to expound them to his disciples, to press upon them the necessity of obedience, and to assist them in applying the general commands of Christ to particular cases. They must teach them, not their own inventions, but the institutions of Christ; to them they must religiously adhere, and in the knowledge of them Christians must be trained up. A standing ministry is hereby settled in the church, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the perfect man, Eph. 4:11-13. The heirs of heaven, till they come to age, must be under tutors and governors."
Matthew Henry

2014/8/18 18:37Profile

Re:

Gary according to Heb.3:3 Christ has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses.

Blaine

2014/8/18 19:03

Re:

1 John, 3:23-24
This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another just as he commanded us. The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and he in him. We no by this that he abides in us by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God that we keep his commandments, and His commandments are not burdensome.

Brethren to read Mosaic Code into 1John 5:3 is not doing justice to the text or the context of 1 John.

When John speaks of His commandments that are not burdensome he us speaking of faith and love. The context requires this understanding to do.justice to the text.

Also to note to have faith and love is to be in relationship to Jesus. To have Jesus living in us by the Holy Spirit.

So simple it is scary. At least to the law keepers. Praise God I will delight in having faith in Jesus and loving my neighbor.

Blaine

2014/8/18 19:17
brothagary

Re:

blain i was refuring to the scripture savana posted

2 Peter 3:1,2 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle, in which by reminder I stir up your sincere mind to remember the words having been spoken before by the holy prophets,

peter is saying dont forget what the law and all the prophets say as well as jesus and the apostals he is exorting the christians to also look to moses and the other prophets

thats scary all right to the law breakers it is are you a law keeper or a law breaker

2014/8/19 2:44Profile

Re:

Gary,

With His enabling Spirit seek to keep His commands of faith in Him and love for one another. That should be a full time endeavor to stay faithful on my walk with Jesus.

Stay faithful to Jesus, bro.

Blaine

2014/8/19 8:32
brothagary

Re:

the writtern law be comes verry importaint to the back slider who has greived the holy spirit and quenced the spirit of faith ....he is not receptive to the spirit and the laws on his heart , so the comands tho shalt not beome a veical that can convict of sin and crake open that hard heart

you to bro thanks ,stay faithful

2014/8/19 15:47Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy