SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Amish Girls Alive, Safe, Home After Abduction

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Amish Girls Alive, Safe, Home After Abduction

Thought I would share this since there is an ongoing discussion about the use of firearms in self-protection.
Amish Girls Alive, Safe, Home After Abduction

The two Amish girls abducted from their home Wednesday night have been returned to their parents alive and safe.

Fannie Miller, 12, and Delila Miller, 6, were reunited with their parents Thursday evening.

7 News reporter John Friot reports the two girls were abducted by two men, who took them to a home in Bigelow, a hamlet near Richville at about 8:30 pm and left them there, telling the girls not to leave.

Instead, the girls fled, and went looking for help. They were found by a man a source identifies as Jeff Stinson, who returned them to their home.

"The children seemed to be healthy, a little wet and cold.," according to St. Lawrence County District Attorney Mary Rain.

They have been interviewed by police once, and were being checked Thursday night at Claxton-Hepburn Hospital in Ogdensburg.

The two kidnappers remain at large, though St. Lawrence County sheriff Kevin Wells says he's "confident" they'll be caught.

"We have the safe return of the two girls, but at the same time we have a lot of work to do. There's still been a crime committed here, these girls were still taken away from their homes," said Wells.

The girls turned up just as Heuvelton held a community-wide prayer vigil that attracted hundreds of people.

"When I was talking to the father, one of the main points he was making was 'It's in God's hands.' We went to a candlelight vigil, prayed for the family and shortly after got good news," said state senator Patty Ritchie.

"We should be proud this is where we live."

The return of the girls came just over 24 hours after the two were abducted from their home near Heuvelton, at the corner of route 812 and Mount Alone roads. The girls were kidnapped from the front of the family property, a vegetable stand, where they had gone to wait on a customer.

Wednesday night, all day Thursday and into Thursday night, a massive search effort and investigation was underway, centered in Heuvelton. Friot reported late Thursday night that there was a "great sense of elation" among searchers, as word that the girls are ok spread.

Authorities believed they were abducted by someone in a small, white, four door car, but Friot reported Thursday night the authorities are looking for a red Dodge Caliber.

Additionally, he reports authorities believe one man was wearing a toque.

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/BREAKING-Girls-Alive-Safe-271328321.html?m=y&smobile=y

I will not say that the results here is typical- but then how to you define typical? In any case, while these people are strangers to me, my heart rejoiced at this outcome and the dad's testimony.

2014/8/15 8:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy