Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Roman Catholic Church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Roman Catholic Church

Upon further study, my beliefs have been reinforced regarding the Roman Catholic Church in relation to Revelation."And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth." 17:9 This expressly says the seven heads are seven mountains. "And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth." 17:18 No other city has historically ruled over the kings of the earth. "And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication." 17:4
Purple and scarlet are the official colours of the Roman Catholic Church; in regard to the Whore being "decked with gold and precious stones and pearls", the Vatican is by far the richest organization on earth. Avro Manhattan, the world's foremost expert on the Roman Catholic Church, estimated in his book, The Vatican Billions, that the Catholic church would possess one third of all the world's wealth by the end of the 20th century (he died in 1990). It must be exponentially more by now. "And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration." 17:6 The Catholic church has slaughtered untold numbers of christians throughout the centuries. In the Inquisition (1200 A.D. to 1808) it is estimated there were 68 million victims. Add to this the Crusades, the slaughter of the Vaudois, Huguenots, Albigenses, Anabaptists. The first and second World Wars were also orchestrated by the Vatican; if you don't believe me, read The Secret History Of The Jesuits by Edmond Paris (Protestants also were put to death in the concentration camps), as well as the Civil War ; for proof of this, read 50 Years In The Church Of Rome by Charles Chiniquy. "And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication." 17:1,2 The Roman Catholic Church has deceived the world into thinking it is a christian church. What are the characteristics of a drunk? Unstable thought processes, motor skills; they are off balance, just like most "Protestants" today. Anyone who believes a true, practicing Catholic can be a christian either doesn't know what they believe, or deliberately chooses to ignore the unscriptural practices they have, such as praying to saints, indulgences, the ungodly "Mass" etc etc. Some catholics have even said that they have received the baptism in the Holy Spirit; but these same catholics say that they now have a deeper relationship with Mary, or they can recite the rosary in tongues. The Holy Spirit will NEVER lead you into error, so it must be another spirit.

2014/8/13 20:53Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Roman Catholic Church

Brother,

Appreciate you sharing some of these things but lumped into your thinking is some "conspiracy" or thoughts that are not able to be proved clearly, such as the Roman Catholic Church being behind the Word Wars.

Also the RC Church slowly became what it was in the middle ages and we cannot say that it was always as compromised or wrong as it seems to be now. There was ONE church for many years in church history that was the true church. The compromise slowly came in where that ONE church was affected and the true believers started to separate, which was a long process also.

So we have to be careful in categorizing things and realize church history is 2000 years and much beyond most of us to realize at times. I believe it is true there is a corruption and danger to the modern Roman Catholic System and I do not consider it a valid denomination or sect of true Christianity.

2014/8/13 21:03Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: Roman Catholic Church

There is denying that there is very strong harlotry going on in the Catholic church...

However the seven heads are the seven mountains and they the seven kings..

At the time John wrote revelation five were fallen, and one was - Rome, one was to come the seventh and out of the seventh the eight beast comes...

The Mother of Harlots is not the catholic church, the catholic church does practice Babylonian worship the Mother and the child and all the other nonsense that goes along with it...

Quote: The Catholic church has slaughtered untold numbers of christians throughout the centuries.

Who is the seventh king?
Let me ask you did the catholic church kill off all the peoples in the churches North Africa, or in the middle East or in Turkey all the way to India? Did the catholic church kill them?

2014/8/13 22:36Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

sermonindex wrote: "Appreciate you sharing some of these things but lumped into your thinking is some "conspiracy" or thoughts that are not able to be proved clearly, such as the Roman Catholic Church being behind the Word Wars."
Oh yes I can prove them clearly. I have photos of Roman Catholic hierarchy signing a concordat with Nazi Germany, priests and nuns saluting Hitler, etc. Photos do not lie. Cardinal Ratzinger, or Pope Benedict the XVI, was in the Hitler Youth. Karol Wojtyla, Pope John Paul II, was a communist, as was Pope Paul VI. Pope Pius XII was a fascist.
I encourage you to actually read some of the books I have recommended, such as The Secret History Of The Jesuits by Edmond Paris, The Vatican Moscow Washington Alliance by Avro Manhattan, The Vatican Billions by Avro Manhattan. Otherwise, saying "it can't be proven" is absurd. You have not studied the evidence. And believe me, there is abundant evidence.

sermonindex also wrote "Also the RC Church slowly became what it was in the middle ages and we cannot say that it was always as compromised or wrong as it seems to be now."
Oh no, the Roman Catholic Church has always been antichrist since it started under Constantine (historically speaking, the first Pope.) It has never had the slightest resemblance to true christianity. Constantine tried to blend Greek and Roman paganism with christianity.

2014/8/14 13:17Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

murrcolr wrote: "However the seven heads are the seven mountains and they the seven kings.."
No, a distinction is made between the two. The text does not explicitly say "the seven mountains are seven kings", it says "The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth." 17:9, then goes on to say "And there are seven kings" 17:10.

2014/8/14 13:24Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: No, a distinction is made between the two. The text does not explicitly say "the seven mountains are seven kings", it says "The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth." 17:9, then goes on to say "And there are seven kings" 17:10.

The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. Rev 17:9-10

What is being discussed here, what the woman sits on, the beast with seven heads...

Know these Kings what do they rule - Kingdoms, we understand that because it says: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come. The one that was Rome: now who ruled rome - a King.

So if the seven heads are 7 mountains which are Kingdoms then the logical answer is that there must be 7 kings of that Kingdoms...

That's why the bible says "And there are seven kings" because thats logical that a 7 Kingdoms would have 7 Kings..

What about the other questions

Who is the seventh king?

Let me ask you did the catholic church kill off all the peoples in the churches North Africa, or in the middle East or in Turkey all the way to India? Did the catholic church kill them?

2014/8/14 14:08Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Oh yes I can prove them clearly. I have photos of Roman Catholic hierarchy signing a concordat with Nazi Germany, priests and nuns saluting Hitler, etc. Photos do not lie. Cardinal Ratzinger, or Pope Benedict the XVI, was in the Hitler Youth. Karol Wojtyla, Pope John Paul II, was a communist, as was Pope Paul VI. Pope Pius XII was a fascist.

There is a great difference between the RCC paying homage to Hitler and them actually starting the world wars. I hope you understand that.

Quote:
Oh no, the Roman Catholic Church has always been antichrist since it started under Constantine (historically speaking, the first Pope.) It has never had the slightest resemblance to true christianity. Constantine tried to blend Greek and Roman paganism with christianity.

There are many differences of opinion when the system became very corrupt, many argue for a later date but definitely 300 AD was a turning point downward. Also as per the community rules we ask believers not to promote conspiracy theories on Sermonindex:

"We have found that discussions pertaining to politics, conspiracy theories, calvinism/arminianism and others just produce strife and not the fruits of the Spirit so we ask saints not to start these discussion threads on SermonIndex."
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44556&forum=13

I believe continuing to propagate those books that teach things as the RCC starting the world wards are in that category. Thank you for understanding.

2014/8/14 14:17Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: Woman riding the beast

One could say it is also Jewish Zionism. Jerusalem has seven hills. Zionists pretty well control the USA. Jews were the enemy of the church long ago. Many saints and prophets killed there.
Look at Habakuk chapter 2, it pretty well describes the end time empire you see today. It's an empire controlled by a religious organization, a hijacked nation.

2014/8/14 21:27Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy