Discussion Forum : General Topics : Rebuking comments made

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi Lysa

I agree with you, but this is where the Holy Spirits guidence is necassary and why it would be good to have the site administrators to overlook these and to guide the parties in the right direction. I feel that this is the most basic part of walking as a christian and carrying his cross. my growth in christ came from being corrected by true christians and repenting. this made me grow more and more spiritually and understanding that in order to grow i needed to have my mind renewed in Christ.

2014/8/14 5:50Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

I just wanted to say as well that to me, rebuking is about helping each other put of the old man and renewing our minds in christ. I do not veiew this as winning arguments or attacking people its more like a two people reading a compass and deciding which way is north. if that is not the Goal then rebuking is not being Done in the holy spirit.

2014/8/14 5:56Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Rebuking comments made

You wrote::: but this is where the Holy Spirits guidence is necessary:::

Again, brother, you leave this up to anyone who “feels led” by the Holy Spirit, whether it really is Him or not. Can the Holy Spirit speak to all Christians or not?

If so, then why do you feel the innate need to rebuke?

Why will the Holy Spirit only speak to the rebuker?

Where ever you go to church, saving your rebuking for there!! I am in agreement with Greg, I’m happy where we are with SI!! It used to be like the wild, wild west on here; where were you then, you would have fit right in with waltern!!! LOL

2014/8/14 8:05Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"We can disagree in love with others and post reasons why but I would ask that it is done in love, humility and lowliness. We can all disagree with each other in various areas and that will result in us "biting and devouring one another" (Galatians 5:15)."

I agree with Greg on this issue. When we disagree with our brothers and sisters on some issue or even feel like there needs to be correction, we should go them in the right spirit, speaking the truth in love.

I believe that we should ask the Lord first and foremost to reveal the things in our lives that are not pleasing to Him.

We should seek to build up the Body of Christ, and not use the sword of the Spirt on one another but on our common enemy. We should do all things unto edifying, and if correction is needed, then take it to the Lord in prayer first before going to them. .

It is not only having the right doctrines and teaching that is going to help build up the Body, but also having the right spirit, having a spirit of gentleness, meekness, and being open to correction oursleves, esteeming our brothers and sisters more highly than ourselves, having a teachable spirit.

Mike

2014/8/14 8:10Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

i can see where this is going to go so in the wisdom of the SI post earlier it is not wise for me to post on the post anymore. thankyou everyone for your thoughts. my initial intention was to talk about the principle of rebuking on a forum but it has been drawn into a personal matter towards me and that is unfruitful for all parties concerend. peace in Christ karl

2014/8/14 8:49Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Hi Karl, I don't believe you've said anything that's wrong in any way. It's good of you to bring up this subject, as we all need to be more careful I think we can sometimes respond out of our flesh at times. How many times have I had to correct my reply because it's not got the right manner behind it or I've misunderstood what people have really been saying ?

So I think it's a good thing. You've been brave enough to bring up the subject. We need to be reminded of ourselves every so often.

What I find difficult is when people have been shown clearly from the Scriptures about something. Then that verse isn't listened to and people have a fixed idea about which path is right for them in their walk. And they may very well take another decade or two to learn the very thing which was pointed out in Scriptures all of those years before.

A church I used to attend had a guy that always stood up and taught repentance and every week I was looking around hoping for someone to stand up and tell him to keep quiet. Now years later repentance is such a major lesson in my life that it is something I enjoy talking about. I've come full circle and to think I thought that person didn't understand... I did go back to that church and stood up to give a testimony about repentance and the changes it had made to my life and some of the most mature people there had steam coming out of their ears at someone talking about the subject of obeying the Lord.

I liked what you said Karl and I liked Greg reminding us about how to do things as well.

2014/8/14 9:19Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi davidkeel

thankyou for your response and i agree about gregs reminder. :)

2014/8/14 10:11Profile
jujashan4

Re:

Hey Karl ...... good question ... love your attitude too.

Maybe if there's something you're particularly concerned about that someones saying you could bring it up privately with one of the moderators and go from there.

Andrew.

2014/8/18 23:03Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

I also really liked your spirit Karl. I can see what you are doing is trying to convey something that has helped and guided you in your journey.

2 Tim 4v2 I know talks about rebuke and correction

2014/8/19 6:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy