Discussion Forum : General Topics : Rebuking comments made

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
crusader

Australia:

Rebuking comments made

Greetings All

I humbly write the following post in the hope for a renwing of the mind.

There are alot of comments that are posted on this site, that need to be corrected in order for spiritual growth in maturity and soundness in doctrine. Some of these comments need to be rebuked publicly but many need to be rebuked on a one on one basis. without this process pride, anger,fear and unforgiveness can enter in. as one person posted, how do we do this since the site has changed private messaging. I tottaly understand the dangers of private messaging but stopping it completly is like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Can i suggest that some sort of private messaging is set up with the supervision of sermon index so that truth can be monitored on all parties. These are just my thoughts and is not intended to cuase offense in any way but to allow truth to penatrate and cut down the enemies lies.

does anybody else agree with this

2014/8/13 18:00Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Rebuking comments made

Brother,

Towards the way we approach the forums and discussions on sermon index, we would rather encourage saints to take the low road of humility, and love and not confrontation and rebuke.

4. SERVANTHOOD - Another guiding principle is to come to the forums as a servant of all. This is following the example of our Lord who came to serve and not be served. Paul the Apostle furthers this teaching by extending it to all men that we should prefer others before ourselves (Philippians 2:1-7). This teaching is important to grasp and practice especially in our speech and writing on a public venue such as these forums. God will give us opportunities everyday to walk in these truths to serve others and not ourselves with such attitudes and a lifestyle God is glorified.

5. SPEAKING WITH GENTLENESS - Having mercy, gentleness, and meekness in our posts on the forums is not only good it is needful. Especially when there is not a face to face conversation one cannot understand a person's tone well so be extra careful to show forth your tone to people in the posts and try to ensure you are not accusing, or speaking angrily against another but adding positive affirmations and kindness into your posts. This will help to not give the devil any opportunity to bring division (Ephesians 4:27). For division, backbiting and sectarianism is carnality and we are not walking in the Spirit when doing so (Jude 1:19).

8. DIVISIONS AND QUARRELLING - Having a healthy discussion on a topic, doctrine or important issue is allowed on SermonIndex. But if the subject discussion becomes heated and there is quarrelling it would be better to agree with your brother publicly in what you can and and hold to what you believe against him privately. This calls for great maturity and wisdom in speaking in humility. It is better to agree with a brother that you are Christians and not divide over non-essentials. Let us go forward with meekness towards each other and having in mind the larger picture of the entire body of Christ. "I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought." (1 Corinthians 1:10). We have found that discussions pertaining to politics, conspiracy theories, calvinism/arminianism and others just produce strife and not the fruits of the Spirit so we ask saints not to start these discussion threads on SermonIndex.

SermonIndex Community Guiding Principles
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44556&forum=13

2014/8/13 18:20Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi

I totally agree with what you are saying and when i say rebuking i mean it in the context of love and allowing the Holy spirit to work on all parties involved. I am concerend that over many years that i have been apart of this Godly site that some of the people that are mainly speaking in the forums and giving advise and standing in an authoritive manner. Impose a flesh responses rather then of the spirit and hide behind the scripture like the pharisees. i very really see this challenged and when it is challenged, like minded fleshly views are then pushed like wolves hunting a wounded animal. I know that the moderators do step in but i still stand on the point where it says that if a brother errs then you are to go to that brother. on occassions i have gone to correct a brother and it turned out that i was in error and i learnt so much from this but on public forums correction can lead to a persons ear being cut off and unable to listen to sound spiritual truth due to pride and the lack of scriptual interpretation. thankyou for your response as that has also opened another way for me to look at this deeper. in christs Love Karl

2014/8/13 19:09Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Karl--

This is a public forum. Persons who post here are doing so publicly.

I would suggest that if a person posts something in a thread that you feel needs rebuked that you open up a new thread with a quote of the offensive post and then state why you feel it requires a rebuke.

This will give others the chance to weigh in and the offending brother or sister the chance to explain or accept the rebuke, or not.

I personally would not have an issue with this and for all I know you may be talking about me as I seem to be one of the few dissenting voices on SI. This alone may require a rebuke although I am not clear about this.

2014/8/13 20:24Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

I would rather us consider the way of prayer first to pray for posters that you feel are not right in their attitudes and spirit. To also pray for false deceivers or any false teachings to be exposed by God Himself and not by rebuke and argument. God is able to do great things when we trust Him. If many saints prayed daily for this miracles would happen and God would have His way of purity in the discussion forums.

I am glad there have been many extended seasons of such unity, peace and purity in the forums and times when there has been less. We trust the Lord, He is Head of this ministry, these internet forums. God has also given a few moderators the responsibility and authority to correct publicly in a stronger way if needed, sadly this has to happen from time to time, so I would also leave these matters to the moderators to have a public correction.

We can disagree in love with others and post reasons why but I would ask that it is done in love, humility and lowliness. We can all disagree with each other in various areas and that will result in us "biting and devouring one another" (Galatians 5:15).

2014/8/13 20:39Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi

i wasn't putting any one person on the spot, In these last days i test every spirit wether it be from man or God but i do this with out making a personal attack on the person. I agree with sermon index that it is difficult to judge a spirit behind a post due to lack of insght into the words that are intended to be posted and this can be interpreted many ways. My own post today could come across like this and yet my intention was to grow in understanding from my brothers and sisters in Christ with their Thoughts. when i am in church and something is said publicaly that is incorrect or dangerous i sometimes will raise it with everyone and sometimes will raise it with the person in private which is also the same outside the church. to which one i need to do is when the lord advises me which way to deal with the matter. I was just feeling that the same principle applied to these forums but if they don't then thats sermon indexs right to decide this which is fine by me as i just wanted to raise what was on my heart. with peace and love Karl

2014/8/13 22:07Profile
havok20x

Re:

I am 27 years old. I need correction. It is good for me. I know that sounds dumb for me to say but it is true from time to time. I put my email address in my profile.

2014/8/13 22:18Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Hi Crusader, I hope it's okay to ask this at this point, if it isn't it's alright but you said that some comments get a flesh response did you mean people are responding out of their 'flesh' ? Or people are being offered a non spiritual method for their difficulties?

2014/8/14 1:02Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Rebuking comments made

Brother Karl,

What you’re saying sounds good in theory but do you realize how many religions, doctrines and theologies are on this site? How would one go about discerning where a rebuke was originating from, a person’s religious beliefs (Baptist, Pentecostal, Methodist or Presbyterian, or Seventh Day Adventist)? Whose religious inclinations should have more (rebukible [new word!!]) weight?

The point I’m trying to make is not all rebukes are created equal NOR are all from the Lord.

God bless,
Lisa

2014/8/14 5:27Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi David
its fine and thankyou for the question, by flesh i mean a holyspirit response that hits the mark. A fleshly response in a christian sense is when scripture is used but not holy spirit driven. many people use this form to response to dominate through knowledge and self rather then bringing the sweet living water that the Holy spirit does. Jesus taught this when he interacted with the pharisese. they used their in depth knowledge of the word to gain status in the church and community and flogging everyone with the law. Jesus awnsered these through spirit everytime, somtetimes by casting out the devil and other times by questions that entrapped their own schemes as stated in proverbs. it is my concern that christians that work in the flesh get less detected of their schemes in churches and forums because they hide behind scripture. I dont say this as a judgement as such but more of a way to set all captives free. in church the other day one of the main leaders wasnt there and the place had such freedom to worship and the congregation was in tears as we praised the lord and worshipped him. The leader is a pharisee and it showed the difference when he wasnt there. I will be aproaching him when the Holy spirit advises me too.

2014/8/14 5:43Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy