Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Not A Religion

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DRS

Not A Religion

Christianity Not A Religion

Christ Our Life To Be With Him.

"According to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death."For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain."(Philippians 1:20-21)

Christ Our Mind Humble And Obedient.

"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. (Philippians 2:5)

Christ Our Goal To Know Him.

"That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death"(Philippians 3:10)
"I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."(Philippians 3:14)

Christ Our Strength He'll Provide All Our Need.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."(Philippians 4:19)

Let us not forget that Christianity is not a religion,but a life and that life is the person of Jesus Christ living in us and out through us by the power of the Holy Spirit that indwells us and is not just a tangent that touches our life whenever we see fit or have a need.

Religion describes man's way of trying to make himself acceptable to God by his works.Man with his human wisdom and twisting the scripture if he feel's it necessary can concoct any kind of belief system he feels comfortable with and that appeals to the desires of his flesh and that would tend to satisfy his natural religious tendencies.

Christianity is a relationship with God in which He makes us acceptable by His works.It's all about what He has done,wants to do in and through us now and what He will do in the future with us.

AND that future plans of His for us could begin any moment when Jesus comes in the air for His Church and we that know Him as our Savior and Lord will go to meet Him there.

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.Therefore comfort one another with these words."(1Thessalonians 4:16-18)

PERHAPS TODAY

2014/8/13 10:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy