SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : you're worried about arabs?....worry about THIS!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

I think we should be very concerned about the situation today. First we should try and identify the root of the problem, then we could find the "cure".
Leonard Ravenhill wrote a book 35 years ago: America Is Too Young to Die
"This message is meant to avert the untimely death of a "child" among nations. The author says we are failing to save the contented from the curse of compromise, imitation, and professionalism and that it is time to quit playing church"
The problem is sin and the falling away from the Gospel and the answer would be repentance, revival, a new Awakening.
Therefore to militarize the police and to have Swat Teams is not the answer to a better world and we should be very concerned!
History is repeating itself. What we see now I call "the decline and fall of the Western Empire" . And the "Dark Ages" have already started again, but it will get much darker then ever before!

Daniel 9v4 I prayed to the Lord my God and confessed:
“Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and keep his commandments, 5we have sinned and done wrong. We have been wicked and have rebelled; we have turned away from your commands and laws. 6We have not listened to your servants the prophets, who spoke in your name to our kings, our princes and our ancestors, and to all the people of the land.
7“Lord, you are righteous, but this day we are covered with shame—the people of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem and all Israel, both near and far, in all the countries where you have scattered us because of our unfaithfulness to you. 8We and our kings, our princes and our ancestors are covered with shame, Lord, because we have sinned against you. 9The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him; 10we have not obeyed the Lord our God or kept the laws he gave us through his servants the prophets. 11All Israel has transgressed your law and turned away, refusing to obey you.

But let's not forget that "our Redeemer lives" !!

2014/8/15 3:54
rookie

Re:

Going back to the thread...

He is an example of an individual who sees and preaches the other side of this thread...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5f0mVn0HH6U

2014/8/15 9:10Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

More than 100 times in the Bible, God commanded people “Don’t be afraid.” Fear is always going to be a struggle for us. Fear is a strong emotion, and we're all control freaks at heart. Jesus knows that. And because of that awful night in Gethsemane, he knows firsthand what fear is like. In spite of that, he can still tell us, “Don't be afraid.” We have to acknowledge that fear is too strong for us, so only God can handle it. We have to turn our fears over to him, remembering that he is all-power, all-knowing, and always in control. Fear is a lifelong battle, but God is our lifelong Protector. He promised to never abandon or forsake us. When we are secure in his love and salvation, nothing can snatch us from him, not even death. By holding tightly to God, no matter what, we will make it through, in spite of our fear. Why talk about what the devil is doing, why not talk about what God is doing! Worry is like a rocking chair, it keeps you busy but it never gets you anywhere.

2014/8/15 9:32Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greeting MrBill

Very good seeds in this post of yours. Thank you for sharing, much appreciated.

God bless
maryjane

2014/8/15 9:56Profile

Re:

Thank you brother Bill I agree, but...
I often go hiking in the back country so it is always very important for me to read the weather forecast and watch out for the signs that could bring bad weather. If bad weather is coming I have to prepare myself and need wisdom. Of course it is still natural to be a bit concerned.
It is similar in my walk with the Lord. We should read the signs properly and we need to prepare ourselves, eg take on the full armor of God etc and ask for His wisdom . We need to be like the five wise virgins etc. We know that Jesus slept in the midst of the storm but his disciples were afraid. My faith is not as perfect that I could sleep through any storm. We need to encourage each other with the Word of God and pray. Blessings to all!

2014/8/15 18:13

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy