SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : you're worried about arabs?....worry about THIS!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Quote: " There is a very real concern here."

Why should the child of God be concerned?

Jesus said not to worry.

Worry is wrong for 3 reasons:

1) what we are worrying about may never happen so we have worried for nothing
2) if what we are worrying about DOES happen then we are tormented twice-- once by the worry and then by the event
3) Jesus said not to

2014/8/13 17:38Profile
MaryJane

Re:

y TMK on 2014/8/13 14:38:08

Quote: " There is a very real concern here."

Why should the child of God be concerned?

Jesus said not to worry.

Worry is wrong for 3 reasons:

1) what we are worrying about may never happen so we have worried for nothing
2) if what we are worrying about DOES happen then we are tormented twice-- once by the worry and then by the event
3) Jesus said not to

A concern can be raised without there being fear. A very real situation, like the ones happening all around us can be discussed and prayed about with worry or fear.

For me these topics remind me to pray, to be before the LORD on things happening right now around us. I don't do so out of fear or worry but because GOD has laid it on my heart to pray.
Prayer is a very powerful tool...in these times we live in now I want to be in prayer.

God bless
maryjane

2014/8/13 18:50Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re:

But sister MaryJane, when you have a title like: "you're worried about arabs?....worry about THIS!" it doesn't really come off as "let us trust and pray" bur rather "o no, the world is coming to an end", although I do absolutely agree with you that prayer is something we need more of, myself included, and not necessarily for the purpose of "God fix this" (although we want peace as much as it is possible), but rather "God help me to trust in You and let that sober minded trust cause others around me to do the same"

TMK, thank you for the reminder not to worry and trying to point us back to Christ. I was especially blessed by point number 2 as I never thought of it that way before. Something I will definitely hold on to and know will be of help to me through the ups and downs of the road ahead of me.

Blessings,

Will

2014/8/13 19:19Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

MJ-

I want to really apologize for seeming callous about this. I do understand your heart and I don't want to hurt you in any way.

You wrote: "For me these topics remind me to pray, to be before the LORD on things happening right now around us. I don't do so out of fear or worry but because GOD has laid it on my heart to pray. "

I confess that last night before bed I felt led to really pray about some of the current world situations we have been discussing on SI but when I started I really didn't know where to begin, there simply seems to be so much going on right now. Ultimately I prayed "Your will be done and show me what you want me to do."

None of what is happening is taking The Lord by surprise and sometimes it seems like my prayers are nothing more than informing Him about what He already knows. He knows Christians are being slaughtered in Iraq; He knows about the Israeli conflict and he knows about racial unrest in St Louis. Knowing what to pray is a little disheartening.

2014/8/13 20:15Profile

Re:

Dear sister MJ,

don't worry about it, YOU know me, you know where my heart and soul reside...these guys don't....which is why I don't respond, given the tenor of their postings at me.

God love you, neil

2014/8/13 20:16
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

We are exhorted through scripture and one another to take no thought for the morrow nor to be fearful or worry but rather to be Watchful, Prayerful, Sober Minded, and Vigilant, Discerning the signs of the times around us and taking Heed that we may escape that which is and must come to pass all around us.

Paul comforts us with these promises and words of encouragement:

1 Thessalonians 5:1-16 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto YOU. (2) For yourselves KNOW PERFECTLY that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. (3) For when THEY shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon THEM, as travail upon a woman with child; and THEY shall not escape. (4) But YE, brethren, ARE NOT in darkness, that that day should OVERTAKE YOU as a thief. (5) YE ARE ALL THE CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT, AND THE CHILDREN OF THE DAY: WE ARE NOT OF THE NIGHT, NOR OF DARKNESS. (6) Therefore let US NOT sleep, as DO others; but let US WATCH and be SOBER. (7) For THEY that sleep sleep in the night; and THEY that be drunken are drunken in the night. (8) But let US, who are of the day, be SOBER, putting on the breastplate of FAITH and LOVE; and for an helmet, the HOPE of salvation. (9) FOR GOD HATH NOT APPOINTED US TO WRATH, but to OBTAIN salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, (10) Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. (11) Wherefore COMFORT yourselves together, and EDIFY one another, even as also ye do. (12) And we beseech you, brethren, to KNOW them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and ADMONISH you; (13) And to esteem them very highly IN LOVE for their work's sake. AND BE AT PEACE AMONG YOURSELVES. (14) Now we EXHORT you, brethren, WARN them that are unruly, COMFORT the feebleminded, SUPPORT the weak, BE PATIENT TOWARD ALL MEN. (15) Rejoice evermore. (16) PRAY WITHOUT CEASING.

2014/8/14 8:15Profile
MaryJane

Re:

greetings Neil

I know your heart brother, and I know the love you have for the LORD and the Church. I know this post is not about fear or worry but to warn others as the LORD has laid on your heart to do.

Times are dark and getting darker. I know you, as others at SI have felt the need to pray and share with us all that time is short.

Thank you for being faithful and following HIM even when its not the popular thing to do.

God bless
maryjane

2014/8/14 10:21Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings TMK

I accept your apology :) I appreciate you taking the time to write it.

I find it hard to pray at times as well but in those moments I just lift it all up to HIM and keep holding on to the truth that HE is always here with me.

Would like to share more but my time is limited right now.

God bless
maryjane

2014/8/14 10:25Profile

God bless you for any encouragement in Christ, sister Mary Jane, even through this anonymous venue called the internet, May the Lord protect your family, and provide resource and safety for all under that small roof, that's my prayer this morning.

I just have a little moment too, as there is, Thankfully, a very large pile of firewood to split, white oak, shagbark hickory. .....AND a pile of dead red elm, farmers Deeee-light(i'll explain later)

off topic...well maybe not, you know who one of my OT role models has always been?....Joseph. I love him, he was smart, beyond reproach, probably the only OT historical figure without any recorded sin, and look what his brothers did to him!....but when Israel died, the brothers were terrified Joseph was going to seek retribution, and they came to him, trembling with fear at this thought.....which drove Joseph TO TEARS, that they would EVEN DOUBT his love for them and their little ones....to tears.....and he spoke to them, saying basically what Paul said in Romans 8:28.......AND Joseph was probably the greatest grain trader the world has ever seen.......so that when I pour over global wheat statistics, I NEVER get a feeling i'm wading in the DROSS of the world....I think of Joseph....i'm in the Word every morning, but I also pour over global grain stats, or global petroleum stats, or read news from the alt-media....I read everything, or try to.....now IF it seems i'm boasting, i'm boasting IN THE LORD, fore it was He, Who gave me this gift....the need to know, and if others perceive that as "fleshly fear"?....doesn't matter one mite to me, as I know Our Father loves me, and at least two sisters on this forum, you and ginnyrose love me, sight unseen....i'm blessed man then, God fill you today with His Spirit, in Jesus' love, neil

2014/8/14 11:19
Elibeth

Re:

defella,

Thank you for such wonderful Scripture,exhortation.
The Comfort of the Scriptures ! Yes

Rom.15:4,...' For what things were written in earlier times were written
for our learning,that we,through patience and COMFORT of the Scriptures,might have hope.'

God bless,

elizabeth

2014/8/14 20:08Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy