SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : you're worried about arabs?....worry about THIS!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

you're worried about arabs?....worry about THIS!

Ferguson As America: "There Is A Brewing Problem... And It's Extremely Dangerous"

Riots are have erupted with hundreds of protesters gathering at a suburban St. Louis police station on Monday demanding murder charges against an officer who shot to death an unarmed black teenager over the weekend. Looting just went nuts like the ’60s. While this is being painted as a race issue, there is yet another issue that is not being addressed – that is the militarization of the civil police forces around the country.

Ever since 911, there has been a trend moving toward much harsher local police. Here is a photo of how the Boston Police have militarized to the point it looks like war against the people. Even small towns are geared up for war.

The small town of Medford, Oregon with a population of 76,462 has spent millions of dollars to militarize their police. They have their own Swat Teams, yet no incident in history of some major shooting of such a nature to warrant a Swat Team. The entire reason where there was the Second Amendment was to eliminate this very threat of standing armies. We are seeing the abuse of force at every level. Medford Police bought a new vehicle that some say could survive a so-called the apocalypse. They used their Swat Team to go after a mere carjacker.

Medford, New Jersey with a population of just 23,033 also has a Swat Team. They rushed in and held two white kids on the ground at gun-point for shooting potatoes into a lake setting hair spray as the propellant.

the rest of article, with pictures:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-12/ferguson-america-there-brewing-problem-and-its-extremely-dangerous

2014/8/13 7:20
MaryJane

Re: you're worried about arabs?....worry about THIS!

Greetings Neil

I live in between two big east coast cities as I have shared before and I remember sitting in my living room glued to the television watching live news feeds of the police in full army tactical gear going door to door demanding people leave their homes with their arms up in the air. Yelling at them, frisking them, and searching the homes before moving on to the next house. I remember thinking this is scary stuff, but not because of the bomber. No I was afraid of what I was seeing happen with the police. The amount of adrenalin flowing that day was unlike anything I had ever seen before. You could see the police were pumped up as if they were going into battle.I remember thinking, all of this for one person??? I realize terrible things were done but the response seemed so extreme. And yet when they caught the bomber people cheered the police.

After a while that day I turned the television off but I kept praying for people's safety, for the officer's safety.
These riots in St. Louis area are frightening as well. I understand the police need to do their jobs and there has to be enforcement of the law but again seeing all those dressed in army tactical gear pointing guns at unarmed citizens just makes me feel the need to pray all the more.

After seeing so many things unfold, can there be any doubt that storm clouds have gathered and times are indeed short? Prayer is our weapon of choice, always has been always will be. Praying for the lost, praying for people to see their need for JESUS. Praying for our leaders as well.

God bless
maryjane

2014/8/13 8:31Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
No I was afraid of what I was seeing happen with the police. The amount of adrenalin flowing that day was unlike anything I had ever seen before. You could see the police were pumped up as if they were going into battle.I remember thinking, all of this for one person??? I realize terrible things were done but the response seemed so extreme. And yet when they caught the bomber people cheered the police.

I share this concern, Mary Jane. We cannot underestimate the danger of power when in the hands of angry people. Law enforcers can be among the most dangerous people around. Their actions merely escalate violence.

And the greater tragedy is that a society praises them when they catch the “criminal” . Few take time to consider the forces that shaped this “criminal” – the anger, bitterness, that spawned more anger, rage and violence?

Could it not be said that the greatest danger on earth is the power of unforgiving-ness. It has no brakes.

Diane

2014/8/13 9:16Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Quote: "unarmed civilians"

Give me a break!

These "unarmed civilians" are destroying and looting businesses in their own neighborhoods. If you truly believe they are unarmed I am afraid you are very mistaken.

Should police stand by armed and in their riot gear to prevent this or simply stand down and let them have at it?

If the police response in Boston had not been swift and active they would not have captured this terrorist that blew legs off of innocent bystanders. I am still amazed they caught him so quickly. And what kind of message would a lacksadaisical response have sent?

2014/8/13 9:55Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by TMK on 2014/8/13 6:55:19

Quote: "unarmed civilians"

Give me a break!

These "unarmed civilians" are destroying and looting businesses in their own neighborhoods. If you truly believe they are unarmed I am afraid you are very mistaken.

Should police stand by armed and in their riot gear to prevent this or simply stand down and let them have at it?

If the police response in Boston had not been swift and active they would not have captured this terrorist that blew legs off of innocent bystanders. I am still amazed they caught him so quickly. And what kind of message would a lacksadaisical response have sent?

When I said "unarmed civilians I was commenting about the picture in the link Neil posted. At the bottom there are three heavily armed officers pointing their guns at a man walking down the street with his arms in the air. That is unsettling to see. However I should have been specific about what I was talking about. I realize as I wrote it before implies something different. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

As for what happened in Boston, I stand by my post. It was very disturbing to see people pulled from their homes, some still dressed in their pajamas, being yelled at and told to keep their hands in the air and frisked while their houses were searched. It was very unsettling. I do understand what happened in Boston was horrible but the entire city was on lock down. Armed vehicles and heavily armed officers were everywhere, all for one person. It was extreme in my opinion, it was extreme in a lot of people's opinion.

I never suggested that there should be a lackadaisical response but we do have laws in the country. Laws that speak about what the police can and can not do when it comes to civilians. Laws about searching peoples homes with out a warrant?? Many things have changed here in this country since 9/11 and much of those changes have been a result of fear.

Just so you know I have the greatest respect for the police, they do a difficult job and risk much but that does not mean things don't go wrong and abuse does happen.

I understand in St. Louis the police are attempting to restore order and I understand that is their job to do but it does not change the fact that they have become much more militarized in doing it.

In all of this I see the need for prayer.

God bless
maryjane

2014/8/13 10:47Profile

Sister MaryJane

yep, I saw those folks in Lowell Mass, a mostly white suburb, coming out of their houses, having M-4's shoved in their faces, being screamed at by black armored clad LEO's , in CLEAR VIOLATION of the 4th Amendment to search for ONE skinny Chechen kid with a 9 mm sidearm....I saw that, totally unacceptable.

But it was a Beta test, see if people "comply" to having their Constitutional rights, that too many good men have died defending, violated by normally sane LEO's, who are being used by dark, un-American masters, without any kickback.

the whole "Boston Bombing" wasn't "as advertised", I seen 10 plus surveillance photos taken prior to the bombing, right near ground zero with numerous pairs of men, with identical backpacks and identical ball caps. Plus the "bomb" itself discharged upwards (thank God) instead of outwards, which would have caused a really hideous body count. One could say it was the ineptitude of the bomb makers, but we'll never know, as the two suspects, (probably witless patsies)CANT TESTIFY, as one was shot dead, and the other, the skinny 19 year old, found hiding in a backyard boat, was conveniently shot in the throat while surrendering.

Now, Ferguson, Mo. is mostly black, and what I saw was a lot of looting, no police presence at night...a lot of hollering, typical stuff. I don't think young ghetto blacks keep the powers of the age, up late at night with concern, because when the rubber hits the road they do childish things, such as looting shoe stores to get Air Jordans, looting quick trip gas stations, for beef jerky and candy, maybe even a box of Huggies.

But what really worries the powers of this age, if you're Christian, own firearms, precious metals, and buy lots of foodstuffs to store....AND know the Constitution, you are number ONE on their list, so when I see believers dramatically concerned about a bunch of arabs a half a world away PERSECUTING the REAL Church in North America...its not the arabs we should be concerned with.

and please don't think i'm anti-Law Enforcement Officers, as one of my good friends is the Sherriff of this County. We saw each other last week at the gas station, and stood around, shooting the breeze. He had just come from a meth lab arrest, where 4 dear children had to taken to hospital overnight.(I have been in constant prayer for these young ones) We both agreed that our number one problem, JUST rearing its ugly head is meth and heroin. Heroin is mostly in a town 40 miles up, pop 50,000....we are a pop of 4,000, we're the County seat. we both agreed meth (which I believe is the name of a demon) has to be ruthlessly crushed.

But meth and heroin made their appearance here, ONLY 4 years ago, which makes me wonder. this weekend another dear friend, 68 year old school bus driver had his door stove in, and had $5,000 of coins stolen, $2,000 cash, all his ammo, some firearms, lots of tools...it was bad, this is a good man, works hard.....and me and my buddies think the only kind of person, who would have the craziness to attempt this in a rural district, are meth fiends. Lord help them if they decide to stove this door in

in closing, you are RIGHT about prayer. Oh MJ, dear sister, as I've told you many a time for the past two years, at times, I've just been layed out in Holy Ghost grieving...It just HITS me, not for myself, but larger.

its like that film "Take Shelter"....I knew what he felt, excepting that we have Jesus, neil

2014/8/13 12:39

Re: Sister MaryJane

I believe we are heading into perilous times.

Blaine

2014/8/13 12:43
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Neil wrote:

"Lord help them if they decide to stove this door in"

Now now-- we need to allow them to come in and then help them load our stuff in their vehicle. And if they want to beat the stuffing out of us we need to allow that too. They will then see the light through their meth induced haze.

2014/8/13 14:34Profile

Re:

TMK,

Bro there is no need to be sarcastic at Neil or MaryJane. There is a very real concern here.

Blaine

2014/8/13 15:47

brother Bear

Quote:
I believe we are heading into perilous times.

Blaine

yessir, I get that same sad sinking feeling too.

standing down.

2014/8/13 17:20

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy