SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The horrors unfolding in Iraq

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The horrors unfolding in Iraq

As I watched an Iraqi Christian man on CNN plead to be allowed to come to the USA, it moved me deeply. These people, surrounded on every side by murderous thugs, have little to no future in Iraq. The man and perhaps 50-100,000 people need sanctuary, but it is for sure no " Christian" country will take them. God have mercy on us who claim to be Christian and be Christian nations. In 1939 the MS St Louis , a German ship, sailed from Hamburg with 937 Jewish people on board. They were fleeing the horrors of the hellish Nazis. They arrived at Cuba and were refused entry. They moved on to Florida where again they were refused entry. The German captain, a non-Jewish German who was later named by Israel as a righteous gentile, even attempted to ground the ship on the coast of Florida so that the Jewish people could escape. He was prevented by doing so by two American Coat Guard vessels and a warning shot was fired across her bow. Canada was the next to reject this " Voyage of the Damned." ( the name of a movie later made about this sorry episode) Finally the ship was forced to return to Europe, where Britain took 288 and the rest were taken by Belgium , Holland and France. It was later estimated that somewhere around 50% of these poor souls ended up being killed in Concentration camps after Germany invaded most of Europe. When poor souls seek refuge from tyranny and violence, whether it be poor South American kids of Iraqi Christians, we " Christian,' nations should seriously consider what God would have us do. Perhaps we Christians in the West will one day need sanctuary? God forbid that our own children faced death and starvation and no one wanted to take us in.......bro Frank

2014/8/9 12:20
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: The horrors unfolding in Iraq

Amen brother, may God have mercy on us! There is so much more we as a nation or nations in the west could be doing to help. May those poor people find strength and refuge in and from the Lord!

2014/8/9 12:39Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Agreed brother frank. I am glad Canada has shown support to Israel and may they also show mercy to fleeing christians under persecution, as you stated the tables could be turned quite soon.

France offers asylum to Iraqi Christians
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2014/07/france-offers-asylum-iraqi-christians-2014728125854650414.html

2014/8/9 14:10Profile

Re:

Greg writes.......

" the tables could be turned quite soon."

I believe that they will brother...........bro Frank

2014/8/10 12:33
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Frank

I had a very difficult time this past week. I found myself in tears on more then one occasion as I read the news. I do think we must be in prayer. So many things happening, time is so short, the time is now to be praying without ceasing.

God bless
maryjane

2014/8/10 14:11Profile

Re:

HI MJ,

The Spirit is undoubtedly pressing in on your spirit to pray as you see and hear of your brothers and sisters face such horror. The time is indeed short and the Lord has called us to intercede on behalf of the Body of Christ. When one part hurts then we all hurt. At the very same time, and of course the Spirit is always at work on multiple levels, He is exposing hypocrisy of those who claim to be His and of nations that claim to be His..............bro Frank

2014/8/10 14:59
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Don't want to get graphic, but it has been reported that they have been beheading children in Iraq.

There is video footage of it, but who wants to watch that?

We can only weep and pray.

2014/8/11 2:45Profile
Sree

Re: The horrors unfolding in Iraq

I feel sorry for the Christians in Iraq. Players are our only tool to save them.

Regarding US and other nations, none of them are Christian nation. I say this not because these nations have come out of their founder's visions. I am well aware of the initial puritans who laid the foundation in US. But the fact is no nation in this world can be called a Christian nation. God has called Christians out of the world, we cannot have a nation for ourselves in this world. It is not God's purpose as well. If Jesus's kingdom is not of this world then how can we expect a kingdom here? So no matter how you Americans feel proud about US, I am sorry to say it is not a Christian nation.

God has placed each one of us at different places based on his need. Let us shine his light whereever we are. I am sure the Iraq Christians are there for a reason. I am not saying no nations should host them. If someone can host them then well and good.

2014/8/11 3:11Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I am absolutely horrified that anyone would behead children - I refuse to watch any video or look at any pics of beheaded bodies. I am convinced these perpetrators are the worst of the worse among creatures known as human beings.

But...

But I find a very encouraging promise in Revelation that addresses this issue. Take a look at Revelation 20:4-6: (NASB)

4 Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

This scripture informs us there will be a thousand year reign by the Lord Jesus and he will have others reign WITH him and who are these folks? The ones that were beheaded for the sake of CHRIST! Get that!! Not the ones who died from other causes, but those that were beheaded!! Scripture informs us the others who had died will be resurrected later but those who are resurrected in the first resurrection are blessed!

Looks to me like the LORD is picking out some folks to rule with him before too long!

Sandra

2014/8/13 10:18Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy