SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A possible scenario for end times.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

A possible scenario for end times.

This subject can be very difficult to approach today because there have been so many crazy people claiming when the end of the world would happen. The below scenario reckons on the saints going through the great tribulation. Therefore there is no particular day or hour that is looked for, rather a season, birth pangs if you like. We are told by Jesus that we should be able to discern the signs of the times, not the day nor the hour of His return. In any event, most Peoples of the world and the church have a difficult time imagining a time where Christians would be hunted down and killed for the mere fact of being Christian. They may be able to imagine this in a Muslim world setting, but not in the West. I do not claim that the scenario below is prophetic, I merely wish to show you a logical procession of events that could lead to a world-wide persecution of the true saints.

I think we may all agree that Jesus is coming relatively soon. Where we may disagree is on the subject of rapture. Lets assume there is no rapture and Jesus is coming soon, then the saints will go through the great tribulation. The Scriptures tells us that it will be worse than anything that has ever happened before in history, in fact the Lord must shorten those days for the elects sake or we would all be dead.

Just 70 years ago, in the heart of educated and cultured Europe, in a country that pronounced itself to be Christian, an evil man arose and in six short years, killed six million Jews for the mere fact of being Jewish. He shoved them into gas chambers and then burned them in furnaces, men, woman and children, sparing none. Now this is not some Biblical genocide from the ancient world, this is something that happened just 70 years ago. Now what kind of events would need to unfold for the world to turn on Christians and for their to be a coming together of the world religions into one religion?

Lets say tomorrow there is an attack by Muslim extremists on multiple cities. New York, Washington, London, Paris Rome and Moscow are hit simultaneously with nuclear suitcase bombs. Rather than the three thousand dead of 9/11, there is one hundred thousand dead in each city. The world is repulsed and is brought together because of this great tragedy. Fundamentalists of all stripes are universally condemned and outlawed. To state publicly that there is only one true religion, only one way to heaven, becomes illegal. Such people are denounced as those who have caused all the troubles in the world. They are seen as a cancer on society which society must rid itself of.

So society gives them a chance to renounce such believes. At the same time, the major religions of the world have a summit. Islam, Christianity and the Jewish faith come together for a summit in Rome. Pope Francis leads the summit because he is universally respected. When the meeting is over they announce that they can all trace their roots back to Abraham. That they all worship the same God just in different ways. They announce that there are multiple roads to heaven and that to say otherwise is merely hate speech. They agree to drop Jesus and Mohammed from their literature and only speak in terms of God and His prophets, agreeing to stand upon what they agree on and bringing a historic unity that will usher in a new day, a new order for the world where there is equality for all.

The vast majority of the world hail this and rejoice in it. A small minority resist it and in the shadow of the multiple hundreds and thousands of deaths, the world hates them with a perfect hatred. They hate them more than the Germans hated the Jews. The minority cannot find work and are ultimately arrested for continuing to ” share the Gospel.” While they are a minority, they are still in the millions and camps are set up to imprison them because the prison system cannot contain them. An ever-growing hatred by the general public and resentment that they have to be fed and kept eventually leads to the decision to make it a capital offense punishable by death to be a fundamental Christian.

If I had time and space, I could weave into that scenario the rise of the anti-christ who orchestrates all of those events and performs signs and wonders and miracles in front of the whole world to legitimize what he and the Pope and the religious leaders are teaching and saying about the minority, the remnant who refused to bow their knees to such a world religion. I want you to imagine such a man, before the camera’s of the world, healing a man blind from birth, or raising a man from the dead. The whole world will follow after such a man, and the world religious leaders who are now one would verify that he is in fact, God returned.

2014/8/3 13:11
TMK

NC, USA

Re: A possible scenario for end times.

One thing to consider is whether the fact that there WAS a hurler would remind us not to tolerate men like him in the future. I would hope do but of course there is no guarantee.

I would like to think that people in the US would not stand for such tyranny but again who knows.

2014/8/3 13:33Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Frank

Reading over what you shared and then thinking of the mentality of people in general I do think this is very possible. Already Christians who do not compromise are considered a threat by groups like planned parenthood, and the gay community. There are those who are fine with religious tradition as long as they are kept to Sunday and kept in there place. People who hold firm to Biblical truth and stand firm on GOD'S WORD are called haters and there are already those who would make speaking the BIBLE a crime.

As you said I don't know how it will come or when, but I do know that the storm is very nearly upon us.

God bless
maryjane

2014/8/3 13:46Profile

Re:

Very good, thanks brother. But does there even have to be worldwide catastrophe...the religions seem to already becoming one right before our eyes?

2014/8/3 15:37
brothagary

Re:

i dont think it will happen like that ,,not a chance

the bible teaches the antchrist will be from turkey which is a musim country

the madi will come and the world except him as the messia figure

2014/8/3 15:43Profile

Re:

Hi bro,

I do believe there has to be a catalyst. That is not to say that the building blocks are not being put into place right now, in fact the process has been ongoing for a long time. Hitler arose because of the crash of 29 that plunged Germany into hyper-inflation and made a path forward possible for a group that was waning. The German conservatives were so terrified of Communism that they opted to use the lesser of two evils in an attempt to control it, thinking they could also control Hitler.

Terrorism is the bogey man of today and the world has went to enormous lengths to control it. So when they strike in a global sense, this will open up the way for a new world order, an order that is free from bigotry and religious hatred. The utopian dreamers will see this as an opportunity to rid itself once and for all of the " cancerous," elements of society that stand upon the Word of God and believe that there is only one way to heaven and that is through Jesus. The actual force behind all of this is the enemy. What he thinks he is planning to bring about the destruction of Christianity will actually only bring about the fulfillment of John 17. Under this intense worldwide persecution, genuine saints will walk as one so that the world will know that God sent Jesus.

The religious elements of the west, which is the vast majority of Christendom will embrace all of these moves and will actually be responsible in great part for turning in genuine saints to the authorities. They will do that for many different reasons which can be discussed, but do it they will, and they will believe that they are doing the world and God a service...........bro Frank

2014/8/3 15:54

Re:

Hi MaryJane,

Indeed the storm is almost upon is. You are correct, people who hold fats to the Word of God are called haters. We are already lumped into categories of terror groups by Government agencies. Born again Christians in Britain find it impossible to even adopt children anymore because of their " outdated and bigoted views." We are already by much of society with great suspicion. Yet this was exactly the position the early church found themselves in. As it was in the beginning, so it shall be in the end.

“They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.” (2 Thes 2:10)

“People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy.”(2Tim 3:2)

“The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth.” (2Thess 2:9)

The love of the truth is something that we receive as genuine saints from God. It is a fire in our bones, it is as much a part of us as our arms are legs, in fact more so for we could live without our arms or legs, but the fire in our bones comes from our spirit which comes from God. In every century God’s people have suffered and died for the Truth and their love of it. As it was in those days, so it is today. People love many things , themselves, money, position their spouses and their children but the one great love of the saints life, that eclipses all other loves is their love of the Truth in the person of Jesus and His word........bro Frank

2014/8/3 17:22
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

If the scenario is true do Christians have to turn themselves in to the guillotines or will they be allowed to resist?

2014/8/3 17:34Profile

Re:

The thing is the world has grown smaller and people are linked more globally. A catastrophic event in one nation can have a devastating impact on the global economy. So the sceneries laid out in the OP is very plausible.

I need to do some Google research but I do believe after the break up of the Soviet Union there were some missing suit case bombs that disappeared out of the Russian nuclear arsenal.

If the guillotine is to play a part in the mass beheadings that Revelation 20 speaks of. Then where did the guillotine come from. Try France. La Madam Guillotine executed many thousands during the French Revolution. I only share this to say that the Antichrist could very well come from the west. Maybe even America.

My thoughts.

Bearmaster.

2014/8/3 17:37

Re:

Did some Google searches on missing nuclear suit case bombs from Russia. Pretty scary stuff were it not for faith in Christ.

Frank's scenario in the OP is very realistic. I would not dismiss it lightly.

Blaine

2014/8/3 18:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy