SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is sermonindex a den of vipers?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
HeartSong

Is sermonindex a den of vipers?

There is a very subtil interplay that I see happening here in the sermonindex forums that I perceive to be of great danger to the children of God.

There are at least a half dozen personalities of great renown that do not measure up. By this I mean that their words do not line up with who they profess themselves to be.

It is not a matter of differing beliefs or doctrines, but rather a denial of truth as found in the person of Jesus Christ.

"Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken. Therefore hear, ye nations, and know, O congregation, what is among them.

Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it." - Jeremiah 6:16-19

2014/8/2 6:29Profile
MaryJane

Re: Is sermonindex a den of vipers?

Greetings Heartsong

I am not sure I understand your post. Are you concerned about some of the teachings that Greg has on sermonindex itself?
You mention that there at least a half dozen personalities of great renown that do not measure up...all I can say is we are not to look to men but unto the LORD JESUS.

God bless
maryjane

2014/8/2 7:19Profile
pernvic

Re:

Sermonindex is not a den of vipers to me!
Though some people who post are looking for whats wrong not whats right.
To me sermonindex is the window to other believers in a world where I spend most of my time alone in my home taking care of a disabled daughter and the rest of my family.
Sermonindex is wonderful. I listen to great men of God preach and exhort, read what others use as devotionals, see news from biblical perspective, and ask for prayer and pray for others!
Usually when I recognize the fault in others its because I see myself in them, and recognize something I do not like in me.
Let God deal with you as He deals with us all.
If you do not like a certain preacher don't listen to them. That's the beauty of it, so many sermons from so many different vessels plus the added privilege to see what others are studying and thinking about.

2014/8/2 11:19Profile

Re:

I liked what Pernvic had to say and agree. And Maryjane is a breath of fresh air, a woman in whom I believe there is no guile...........bro Frank

2014/8/2 11:36
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Heartsong wrote:

Quote:
There are at least a half dozen personalities of great renown that do not measure up. By this I mean that their words do not line up with who they profess themselves to be.

I think we have clear direction from the scriptures in these matters:

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (I Thess. 5:19).

Since the beginning of the Church there have been concerns about compromise. Sometimes it was doctrine and other times people. Groups have come along and with good intention have tried to filter out these compromises. There is a lot of history that could be enjoined here. Nevertheless, I think the old saying from the 1600s is worth quoting again, "In Essentials Unity, In Non-Essentials Liberty, In All Things Charity."

The community rules are in place to minimize the problems associated with forums such as these. Measures have been taken to further minimize problems. Nevertheless, we live in a fallen world and are subject to its effects. We ask that those who frequent the forums and share these concerns and who have not done so already -- to add Sermonindex and Greg to your prayer list.

Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. (Psalm 127:1)

2014/8/2 14:04Profile

Re: Is sermonindex a den of vipers?

Ooo...hold on everyone I need to run and grab my popcorn for this one...

2014/8/2 14:14
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

no

2014/8/2 16:35Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I would be careful of any teaching from the "church fathers" such as Augustine, Jerome, etc. Their teachings are infected with Greek philosophy. Sometimes a godly pastor (*like A.W. Tozer) will quote from Augustine or somebody and people think "if Tozer quoted from Augustine then Augustine must be okay".
I started to read Madame Guyon because of Tozer, and that has Roman Catholic teachings in it. I am very careful about who I listen to these days.
(*I am not attacking Tozer, I think he was a very godly man, but he was off track in some areas.)

2014/8/2 16:37Profile
brothagary

Re:

brethern shes is talking about us in the fourm
heartsong
i think if you have issues with some active members ,,it would be honest and called for ,to name the persons ,rather then just through a baited line like this ,,that will do nothing to help any situation that may exist

it is a serious thing to accuse or liken members of Christ with a den of vipers in the biblical science,,even if it is in asking a rhetoric question like that,, in which it is obvious that you think you know that answer to that question already ,,and at the same time offering no help or answers to the perceived issue you sneakily raise ,,,,,what good can come out of that type of weired rebuke ,,if it can be called one

how can i or others be sure you are even talking about us ,, as to rectify the situation

be clear about this ,,at least speak to some of these people in private and make your issue known them or others who will do the job

2014/8/2 18:09Profile
Jeremy221

Re:

Gary, many have not setup a contact email and the PM feature was removed. Contacting many in private is impossible. However, if you call someone to floor the mods will likely ban you for making a personal attack. Notice, you don't have a public contact email on your profile either.

2014/8/3 3:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy